0.5.9 modpack ?

Soon(tm) :)

Aslain is on vacation, and has been working hard on World of Tanks update, since they did some big technical changes, it screwed with a lot of mods.. and XVM team has made a lot of changes too, screwing all the old configs.

Hopefully he'll have some time free soon, to get on World of Warships.

Most of the time most mods dont break.. just the more 'popular' ones which most likely involve files that are changed when they do what ever they do.. What files those are I have no idea.. but usually crosshairs/skins and sometimes even the fog remover dont usually need updates after patches.. And thats a sometimes for the fog remover. This last patch was more of a backend update in my eyes than it was anything else. Nothing hugely new added but changed a lot of files which is why most are broken.

16 hours ago, BirdForce said:

Only mods I've had issues with after a new patch are usually smokescreen(which is in-game now,) zoom out mods, training room and the odd time fog remover.. I dont install a load of other mods so I dunno. 

Same....All I ever really needed is Smoke Boundries and I like zoom in on scope and wide view as well. I also like having player stats just for extra info about if a player is a pro or casual. I actually just sent Aslain a message saying thanks for all his hard work. I really notice it after a patch and I don't have his mod installed. They bring a lot of extra fun and function and I know that must take a lot of his time....and for free as well. I was amazed he said that it is rare anyone thanks him. That's to bad. More people should message him on here and let him know how much he adds to WoWs. Show a little appreciation. I played WoT since beta and now only WoWs since its open beta and I have used his Mods for 4...5 years now is it? 

17 hours ago, BirdForce said:

Only mods I've had issues with after a new patch are usually smokescreen(which is in-game now,) zoom out mods, training room and the odd time fog remover.. I dont install a load of other mods so I dunno. 

I was just saying that that is also what I download. I bet the VAST majority of people who DL a mod get those. The rest are just about placing the GUI the way you like it. Smoke and Zoom help win games...so does training room and fog remover in some cases.

• Upvote 1

I am a newer player (since 5.1 I think) and I have used almost none of the cosmetic mods, but I used constantly the informational ones and some enhancers.
I play without using glasses and I have real difficulties with small icons and figures 5,6,8 on original graphic.

So I own a big thank you to Aslain for all the enhancer mods he keeps up to date.

As I see the 5.9 patch is pending I want to share the fact that the semitransparent minimaps can be just be copy / pasted in the 5.9 folder and work fine.

Just copy Spaces directory from     /// Games\World_of_Warships\res_mods\0.5.8.1  to the Games\World_of_Warships\res_mods\0.5.9 folder

I didn't try the six sense and the rest I was using comes as default in the game ( damage totalizator and smoke boundaries )

• Upvote 1

Hehe.. I guess CleverFox wasn't as Clever then. Especially if he was the one advertising another modpack.

Sure, in the grand scheme of things, Aslain is a third party too.

But you really need to look at the context of things. And noone would need to advertise Aslain's modpack, on Aslain's forum:P

Anyone could realize I wasn't advertising another mudpack. That was my first post on this website on a 30 second old account, it literally says "1 post" under my name, but I suppose that was a bit too much reading. Apparently pointing out any slight error aslain makes, even jokingly, leads to an immediate perma ban.

You assumed provocation when none was intended. Why would I go through the effort of creating an account and posting a comment only to provoke the person who creates the modpack I use?

Edited by SmartFox
  • Administrator
4 minutes ago, SmartFox said:

You assumed provocation when none was intended. Why would I go through the effort of creating an account and posting a comment only to provoke the person who creates the modpack I use?

I am on vacations, have to deal with a lot of things.... now I am loosing time here, while I should try to make a modpack for WoWs...

7 minutes ago, SmartFox said:

One could also question why you'd go through the effort of creating an account, just to state the obvious, which wasn't really needed at all. I'm sure you can see that now too :) Hehe.

Not saying you are one - but a troll would also create an account just to post a silly reply. :P

2 minutes ago, Quaksen said:

One could also question why you'd go through the effort of creating an account, just to state the obvious, which wasn't really needed at all. I'm sure you can see that now too :) Hehe.

Not saying you are one - but a troll would also create an account just to post a silly reply. :P

Because that's my sense of humor, whenever I see an opportunity to point out something overlooked, or an opportunity for wordplay, I take it. Regardless, can I be unbanned on that account at least from viewing the site so I can get modpacks easily?

2 minutes ago, SmartFox said:

Because that's my sense of humor, whenever I see an opportunity to point out something overlooked, or an opportunity for wordplay, I take it. Regardless, can I be unbanned on that account at least from viewing the site so I can get modpacks easily?

Odd sense of humor, but then again, we all have different humor. Wasn't something overlooked though. Hehe.

Can't you just use that one? :P It shouldn't matter in the grand scheme of things. (And how did you manage prior to making the account, just to make a silly statement?) :P

5 minutes ago, Quaksen said:

Odd sense of humor, but then again, we all have different humor. Wasn't something overlooked though. Hehe.

Can't you just use that one? :P It shouldn't matter in the grand scheme of things. (And how did you manage prior to making the account, just to make a silly statement?) :P

This one means having to use Microsoft Edge as a browser which is hell itself. Prior to making the account I just downloaded with no account, but now I cant view the site on my main browser.

Just now, SmartFox said:

This one means having to use Microsoft Edge as a browser which is hell itself. Prior to making the account I just downloaded with no account, but now I cant view the site on my main browser.

Odd, and yeah, not a fan of Edge either. You should be able to use it now.

8 minutes ago, Quaksen said:

Odd, and yeah, not a fan of Edge either. You should be able to use it now.

Thanks. Edit, if youre wondering what happened that I couldnt view the site on my main browser, I believe its because my account was banned from viewing the site which led to basically an error page, which had no possible way of logging out of the account, basically purgatory.

Edited by CleverFox

Hello together.

First, chillout maaaaan everybody.

So, may it be worth trying to rename the modfolder by the actually versionnumber of wows ?

Worst thing that can happen is, it's not working right?

I think i will try that.

Maybe report later.

Greetings, [DKW] ByteScout71

Ok, was just a try. And error. Doesn't work, programm will loop at loading harbour.

Edited by ByteScout71
vor 15 Stunden schrieb ByteScout71:

Hello together.

First, chillout maaaaan everybody.

So, may it be worth trying to rename the modfolder by the actually versionnumber of wows ?

Worst thing that can happen is, it's not working right?

I think i will try that.

Maybe report later.

Greetings, [DKW] ByteScout71

Ok, was just a try. And error. Doesn't work, programm will loop at loading harbour.

I tried it and yes it is possible, but be aware that some mods are not working in the newest version. I only got some visual mods like ship skins etc and they work just fine. 

Well,thank you very much for all the work you do Aslain,but I really like using some mods & since us Warshippers aren't as important as the Tank community,I'll be using other folks mods ;)

Thanks again & enjoy your vacation ;)

Love all the work Aslain puts into these mods!  I generally use Krab crosshairs, one of the zoom out mods, and one of AutoSpy's ship contour icon add-ons.  Haven't been able to get them to work by simply changing folder name as was suggested earlier, just loaded up a black screen and hung up.  I had to re-install because changing the names of res_mod folders back didn't fix the problem.  Now I can still play again without mods, no problem, but it will certainly be nice not to have to look up things I'm too lazy to memorize like ranges and speeds mid-match.

Hope you're having a great time Aslain!