Not Aslain Related - XVM Question :)

Sorry not sure where to ask this one.

Has XVM changed the way it works? I used to use my own xvm.xc config file - so I'd install a mod pack then simply copy my old file into the XVM directory and voila all my old visuals, circles etc.

Done that on most recent patch and it's just not working.

Something changed? Any idea how I get it back using just my single file? 

I aren't sure where overtarget markers etc is stored now. I used to have really vivid large writing as I've got bad eyes now it's all smaller and weird.

Thanks

I know it is really old but it worked forever so I never saw a reason to learn to change it - and I don't like other people's configs just my own.

I don't use any of the stat functions etc I purely use XVM to make the writing above tanks large and more visible to me.

:)

So much has changed I don't think I've got the expertise to fix it , yet  I can no longer play WoT without it as I need my large OTM writing etc so I guess I am officially buggered :(

Looks I've attached a screenshot to show what I mean :) That's literately all I want.

If someone could tell me or even better make it looks like this again I'd happily send them a donation! 

shot_102.jpg

Edited by thunderchilduk
Quick thought.

Are you getting an error message on the battle loading screen with your single file XVM config?

It might point towards something that needs fixing :)

Otherwise you could install someone elses config, and then mess around with it to suit your needs, make a backup, and then have that to copy/paste in whenever you update :)

And of course, if someone wants to help, that'd be great too (Personally don't have XVM installed right now, and I never had the single file config, so can't really help much on that I guess :) )

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Quaksen said:

Are you getting an error message on the battle loading screen with your single file XVM config?

It might point towards something that needs fixing :)

Otherwise you could install someone elses config, and then mess around with it to suit your needs, make a backup, and then have that to copy/paste in whenever you update :)

And of course, if someone wants to help, that'd be great too (Personally don't have XVM installed right now, and I never had the single file config, so can't really help much on that I guess :) )

No, no errors at all.  The OTM markers/writing is just not right - its smaller, darker, offset etc.

Thanks for replying :)

9 hours ago, thunderchilduk said:

Sorry not sure where to ask this one.

Has XVM changed the way it works? I used to use my own xvm.xc config file - so I'd install a mod pack then simply copy my old file into the XVM directory and voila all my old visuals, circles etc.

Done that on most recent patch and it's just not working.

Something changed? Any idea how I get it back using just my single file? 

I aren't sure where overtarget markers etc is stored now. I used to have really vivid large writing as I've got bad eyes now it's all smaller and weird.

Thanks

XVM has changed in the basic way it works....some different necessary files etc.  I am not exactly sure of what all has changed, but for instance the way you change the position of the xvm hit log for example has been moved to a separate file from all previous versions.  So, I suspect that there are a lot of other changes that are causing you problems.  XVM has had to be rewritten due to the changes made by WG in 9.15.1.  This is a very big learning experience for everyone.

12 hours ago, Darth_Clicker said:

XVM has changed in the basic way it works....some different necessary files etc.  I am not exactly sure of what all has changed, but for instance the way you change the position of the xvm hit log for example has been moved to a separate file from all previous versions.  So, I suspect that there are a lot of other changes that are causing you problems.  XVM has had to be rewritten due to the changes made by WG in 9.15.1.  This is a very big learning experience for everyone.

Yeh it would seem so I am thinking that some of the commands I used to make the tank names bigger, brighter are completely different so not working now.

Just now, Quaksen said:

Might I suggest that you attach the config file to your post, then others can take a look at it, and help figure out the problem :)

Hmm, Quaksen got the gameface on   ;)

Yes, single file is very oldschool on the other hand Sirmax uses only a couple of .xc files.