From one game to the next

I know that we are behind in updates .. no problem .. but why is my WOT so problematic from one game to the next? One minute I have all keyboard controls working then next game I lose the CNTRL and TAB keys ... then I cannot select commands .. then it all works .. then the game crashes .. I've even turned off (Aslains) XVM mods and tried to run the game .. but nope .. have to resort to safe mode ... is there a way of problem solving what is causing the issue ..

Nope ... I've used Aslains from the start and never ever had problems .. updated without a hitch ... but now it is intermittent .. I can have agame and it's fine .. other times it crashes (and I can log back in to the game), other times I lose heyboard control (CNTRL, TAB, ESC keys) .. or I cannot select warnings (defend base etc) .. if I can troubleshoot then it will help me sort it out ..

I had these same problems very frequently until I reinstalled the modpack without ATAC selected.  There are still occasionally some small problems, but very rarely.  If you have ATAC selected in the modpack, try reinstalling the modpack without ATAC.  I suspect that with the UI language change that WG made in the game with the latest version, that some mods are not always functioning perfectly as expected.  WG threw the modding world a big juicy curve-ball and everyone is still adjusting.  I think we just have to be patient and wish for the best.  Maybe Trump can fix this too since he has said that he is the only one that can fix all problems....lol.

I've tried running with nothing selected in the mods list and I still get issues though. Last week I just had to run in safe mode to play at all. There are also mods that are running without being selected as well. I have the gun direction for all tanks showing up in game when it's not selected in the mods list ?? I know that they are playing catchup with the mods but all the same it's very frustrating. Even more so when I don't know how to troubleshoot.

Sounds like maybe you have installed the show gun direction mod previously.  The first thing to try is to make sure that you always have "clean install" selected in the modpack installer.  This is either the last step or one of the last steps in installing the mod pack.  Also make sure that you do not have anything being installed from your Aslains_Custom_mods folder located in your C:Games:World_of_Tanks folder.

I manually updated my sight mod (Damokles) to the latest version for 9.15.1 and have not had anymore problems in the last 28 battles.

id like to add  that if stuff is working when not selected , this is due to leftover files etc , instead of a clean install through aslain installer , do a full fresh install  meaning remove aslains modpack from pc  completely.   now  doing the uninstall through program and features way isn't enough as after uninstall there r still files left over  in the wot files so u will have to go into wot files and remove any files with  the name of xvm and aslain. and also check the res_mods folder  and make sure that its only the patch folder in it and ithat its empty .

id also clear the wot game cache aswell  .  then run ccleaner . once all done  ,

re download and install modpack

nope, all that was deleted. I went through with CCleaner and went through registry as well. I checked that all folders were deleted on clean install. I also noted that in the mods list is the "remember favorite  server", now if I d-select it from the mods list, it will still go back to my favorite server ?? I have everything installed as normal install (ie "C" drive) so there is no room for files/folders installed in wrong places .. dunno whats going on. I have, however, just played 6 games without issue today .. yay ... oh and one other thing .. every so often I get a "go slow" problem where there is major lag, even though the ping rates are great. I find there is no other way around this issue other than to shut down and re-boot. Then all works fine ???