it's not a bug because @Aslain is using a nightly build of xvm as stated in the log of .04... .05 and .06's log doesn't state that he has used/updated to another version of xvm...

v9.15.1.1.04 (15-08-2016):
- updated XVM 6.4.2-dev (6334) [nightly build] [you'll see a warning in garage and watermarks - ignore or don't use it if you are affraid of it]

info from xvm nightly build

The latest stable version of XVM which is recommended for use is always published only on the "download XVM" page. If there is no stable version for the current WoT client on this page, it means work is still in progress.
"Nightly builds" are "work in progress builds". They are based on the current stage of XVM's code, but have not been tested at all.
Nightly builds contain subquality work, can contain new bugs, and are intended ONLY for testing purposes.
You should NOT use nightly builds if you are not an experienced tester. Use nightlies only if you exactly understand what you're doing.
You should NOT use nightly builds in ModPacks if you are making ModPacks on the basis of XVM.

build 6363 is on it's site here aslain used 6334

Edited by hidetada

Aslain is a very experienced XVM user and tester.  You always have the option to only use the mods from the mod pack and use any version of xvm that you wish to use.  That is one of the great things about this modpack....flexibility.  I have not had any problems with the current version in the modpack.

• Upvote 1
  • Administrator

I always test nighlty builds before releasing them, you have no idea how many times you've played on them before, however since 9.15.1 XVM Team decided to warn users with watermars and a bit fooling warning that you should not use it if you are user. This decision caused modpack users to freak out when they see it. That XVM you see in recent modpack is more stable than the most recent "stable" release, and contains important fixes and improvements.

Of course there are newer nightly builds, but I don't use them just because they are newer....

• Administrator

Don't get me wrong, I always inform in changelog about XVM versions, but many people don't pay attention to it, until they see scary red warning in garage, everytime they log to game, so stupid decision from XVM Team. Fortunately XVM has open source code, so we can remove this annoying notification if motivated enough :)

11 minutes ago, Aslain said:

Don't get me wrong, I always inform in changelog about XVM versions, but many people don't pay attention to it, until they see scary red warning in garage, everytime they log to game, so stupid decision from XVM Team. Fortunately XVM has open source code, so we can remove this annoying notification if motivated enough :)

to be honest a lot of people don't read things  they just install and think it should automatically work with no problems

• Upvote 1
12 hours ago, bubs79 said:

to be honest a lot of people don't read things  they just install and think it should automatically work with no problems

I always read the change log, This time I just got that message loading the game, it worked last update, just though something happen since then. Reporting is not bad, sometime it's nothing but sometime it's important .