Using your own mods with the installer

I can't read all of it anymore, the ADD kicking in again. =3

Glad that you figured it out though. And I hope that you'll be happy about this new addition, as I am.

I think I will be pretty happy with this feature. It will save me the time of digging through my mods every time I want to use them.

I shall leave my official "thank you" for BeGin here then. =)

I honestly like that thing.

Single most useful thing, besides the installer itself and the mod-infos in it, that you implemented a while back (for me anyway).

Good job Aslain. This is very nice feature. Now anyone can 'extend' your pack with their own crap :D

I just hope that this will not bring more whining from the users :D

Eg. "OMG OMG OMG Aslain, your installer vXXX broke everything down, even thou i added 'proper' mod1.zip into folder it didn't install sounds"

Yea, I've been hesitant to even try it too.

Should really know a little bit what you are doing. It's not that difficult but some ppl might not be familiar with manually installing things.

I guess, that's one of the downsides, if you have such an easy-to-use installer too. =3

But the good thing is, ppl can always ask for help and, most likely, will be helped too.

Well , this was implemented in idea of installing some mods by the user , himself , which also implicates a higher level of knowledge (not everyone can do it ,or has to). Also

I just hope that this will not bring more whining from the users

we thought of that too , but you know there will always be this kind of users :D .

Regards,

BeGiN.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm loving the custom mods feature in the latest build, it's easy to use and lets me relax when I'm trying out wacky new mods.

I couldn't ask for more than the all in one solution you've given us Aslain, your awesome mate.

• Upvote 1

I'm loving the custom mods feature in the latest build, it's easy to use and lets me relax when I'm trying out wacky new mods.

I couldn't ask for more than the all in one solution you've given us Aslain, your awesome mate.

I couldn't agree more.

Still have to keep an eye on the mod-versions though and the options you make in the installer vs your custom things.

I, for instance, use it mainly to automate the modification of certain scripts (like hitlog position or tweaking certain options/values in other scripts) and when a mod get's updated, you should try to use the latest scripts as well and modify/pack them again.

What's more, if you want to try out new settings in the installer, they won't be reflected since you're always overwriting the old script/settings; therefore you need to remember to not be lazy this once and redo the script(s) of the mod you wanna try out changed settings with.

So, have to watch that stuff when using this feature.

Still, in the long run, it will save a lot of time when mods/your tweaks stay the same for a while.

OMG that sounds great as i can understand with my bad english, the post have lot of content. Can anyone do an official explained instructions for this tip in the languages of the installer? (or almost in the main language english, and spanish :$ please)

It's really interesting for can save arround three quarters of an hour or more, all modpack updates for me and all the users that modifies it.

EDIT: I had put a lot of interesting for try to understand this tool another time, and next i discovered the .txt at Aslains_custom_mods folder -_-  . Correct me if i'm wrong please, what i could understand is, and i think is very easy for be true:

I need make in my case, a .zip archive called mod1.

- That files in the .zip file need to have the full folder paths in the folder from res_mods to the finally files. In example: ( res_mods\0.9.2 ) and at 0.9.2 join the only needed folders from my

hangar mod

- The files can be introduced all in the only mod1.zip archive doing them with the complete rutes and without repeat anyone.

- I only need to add the specific archives that i want to dont will be modified, the another ones that i dont add there, can be modified normally as i did nothing about it.

I hope you can understand my very basic english.

And that's all ? I will keep that archives without modify at all modpack updates that i will install?

I send here an attached files that are needed for that example of the hangar mod:

mod1.zip

From what it looks like, you understand how to make the .zip correctly and the mod1.zip should work fine.

If you now put this file into Aslains_Custom_mods folder, the installer will use this mod at the end of every installation (each time you run the installer) and install this mod for you automatically.

You can also use this, if you have modified certain singles files (like the position of hitlog / wn8 hitlog, playerspanel and similar things).

Can make a .zip with your modified files, put them into the folder mentioned above and everytime you run the installer it will use your modified files at the end of the installation, so you don't have to do it everytime manually.

E: You can also combine multiple modifications in 1 .zip, if you know where everything goes.

Here's what I use for having some mods change position after installation or change how playerspanel looks like; so I don't have to do it all the time manually.

mod1.zip

OH YEAH!, that's all really? that will save lots of hours of customization wow...i feel good  ♪   :D

But i have one doubt more, i will try to explain with words and also add to my last attached file a one more file:

I think by logic that i only need to add in Aslains_Custom_mods the exactly files that i dont want to change, in example, i need to add only the folder paths for sixth sense audio, but at audio folder only need to appear the 2 sixth sense files. All right? Oh yeah yes yeah!

Example: (oh right i cant combine and attach both, but i put only the sixth sense sound example alone)

mod1.zip

It's a bit hard to understand you and I had to read multiple times. Still not sure if I understand correctly. =3

You only have to make the paths (folders) for the things you want to modify, that's correct.

As you can see in my example file, I have all the folders but only the 2 script files in the last one, because I only want them to be changed.

As for 6th sense sound, it depends on whether or not you install other sound mods as well.

For example, if you don't use any other sound mods, you need to put the two 6th sense files into res\audio.

If you use other sound mods, they will create the location res_mods\0.9.2\audio and then you will have to add the two files there.

If you don't use any other sound mods and make res_mods\0.9.2\audio for your custom 6th sense mod, then all other game sounds will stop working, because the game tries to use res_mods\0.9.2\audio and now there are only the 2 6th sense files in it.

So before you make this 6th sense modification, check if res_mods\0.9.2\audio does exist already and if it doesn't, you need to make your mod1.zip with res\audio.

Another thing you can do, is use for example a mod1.zip with res_mods and res folder in it, for modifying 6th sense and other things (if you don't use any other sound mods!).

Very nice! Have fun playing around.

Also remember that you can use more than one .zip file for your own mods.

Can make like mod1.zip for 6th sense, mod2.zip for garage mod, mod3.zip for scripts, and so on (up to mod10.zip).

This can help you find the files easier that you have to replace, when you want to change the garage mod or the 6th sense sound and things like that.

• 4 weeks later...

I listen to a lot of German House & Dance music. When I say a lot, I mean a lot.  ^_^

Actually, I just listen to a lot of House & Dance. I have American (20 hours), British (1.5 hours), German (5 hours), Russian (1 hour), and even French (30 minutes) House & Dance on my playlists. The rest is Hip Hop/rap/rock. I have a little bit of Trap as well, but I usually listen to Dance & House.  ^_^

This makes you 14% cooler....

But what about Italian house (Mid 90s) ???

• 1 month later...

Hi!

Were there any changes made regarding the automatic installation of custom mods?

Since 3.9.20 it doesn't work anymore (for me). There are no files extracted from my 'mod1.7z' archieve which is placed in the 'Aslains_Custom_mods' folder.

I have to do it manually after each new install.

Does anyone also have the problem?

Thanks in advance,

CmdCool.

• 2 months later...

The op should be updated, the folder no longer requires mod1-10 names, now you can use any name, and unpacking is by alphabetical order. Files count is unlimited too.

:lol:

Remember when I said that I had a few custom mods I was using that could become confusing when having to use generic names?

Here's what I've got now after the changeover to my batch file for uncompressing

8Iapvbd.jpg

I have a quick question about using this feature. I've customized several of the config files in XVM, such as the carousel, hangars and colors files. I've also changed the color of the serverside crosshair, which is in a different file (0.9.5).

My question is: Do I need to create a separate zip file for each of the files I've changed, or can I simply create one zip file containing all of the changes? Would I need a separate zip file for the XVM changes and another for the crosshair file?

• Administrator

I have a quick question about using this feature. I've customized several of the config files in XVM, such as the carousel, hangars and colors files. I've also changed the color of the serverside crosshair, which is in a different file (0.9.5).

My question is: Do I need to create a separate zip file for each of the files I've changed, or can I simply create one zip file containing all of the changes? Would I need a separate zip file for the XVM changes and another for the crosshair file?

Totaly up on you, you want to have it all in one zip file, go ahead :)

• Upvote 1
  • 3 months later...