Using your own mods with the installer

Could you elaborate the new custom mod installation somewhere/here?

Like, how would you setup 6th sense sound or just script mods (playerspanel for example), if that's even possible?

Personally, I would think that the installer automatically uses WoT directory, so would I create a .zip with like:

name: "mod1.zip"

directories inside the zip: "res\audio\"

and have the 6th sense files in there?

And as for scripts, would it work if you put your changed playerspanel.xc into like this:

name: "mod2.zip"

directories: "res_mods\xvm\configs\Aslain\playerspanel.xc"

I'm a bit hesitant to just try it out and I guess it would help others as well, to see what you can actually do with this.

E: Ultimately just put both (and 2 more files) into one "mod1.zip", for efficiency, instead of having 1 .zip for each modification.

If anyone cares about it.

• Administrator

Whatever you pack into mod1.zip, will be unpacked by the installer at the end of modpack installation to the WoT folder.

At first the installer will install all the mods as usuall, then will try to unpack all mod1.zip to mod10 (inside the Aslains_Custom_mods) to WoT folder.

Thanks to that if you have any other mods to install like custom 6th sense sounds, you can automate it that way without asking me to add it to the modpack, then wait to make it happen...

• Upvote 2

>.> That sounds too sweet to be true *nerdgasms*!

Downloading right now and giving it a whirl.

E: Holy f****** sh** man, this is absolutely what I expected and it seems to work perfectly as well.

Thx so much for this, it makes the customization (after installing the pack) so much easier and faster, since it's now automated as well!

It's an amazing addition! You'd get all my +1s, if I didn't use mine for the day already. =3

No more editing 3 files and changing the 6th sense sound files after each installation; least until I want to change them for w/e reason.

• Upvote 2

I'm still a bit confused as to how this feature works.

F0sYoQS.png

Seriously, how to use this feature? This is more complicated than rocket science... and I've tried doing that before.  :mellow: (Of course I haven't performed any rocket science... I'm joking).

• Upvote 1
  • Administrator

>.> That sounds too sweet to be true *nerdgasms*!

Downloading right now and giving it a whirl.

E: Holy f****** sh** man, this is absolutely what I expected and it seems to work perfectly as well.

Thx so much for this, it makes the customization (after installing the pack) so much easier and faster, since it's now automated as well!

It's an amazing addition! You'd get all my +1s, if I didn't use mine for the day already. =3

No more editing 3 files and changing the 6th sense sound files after each installation; least until I want to change them for w/e reason.

I'm loving this feature too, I have some small tunes I add sometimes, now it's so easy without doing it manualy  :)

I'm loving this feature too, I have some small tunes I add sometimes, now it's so easy without doing it manualy  :)

As I said... this is rocket science... I currently have multiple folders with multiple mods in one folder... How do I make this work? Do I just rename the original folder, or do I have to extract all of the folders inside and rename each individual one, as well as rename the sub-folders to 0.9.2 (since these are old mods that have never stopped working) [which ultimately will make this feature absolutely pointless]

Basically, you just create folders (on your desktop or whereever) like the directories of the stuff you want to modify.

6th sense sound files would be located at:

...\world_of_tanks\res\audio

the installer automatically operates in WoT folder by default though, so you only have to create:

res\audio\

and put your sound files into that folder.

Next up would be playerspanel.xc, which is located in:

...world_of_tanks\res_mods\xvm\configs\Aslain\playerspanel.xc

so you create, again:

res_mods\xvm\configs\Aslain\

and put your modified version of playerspanel.xc in there.

Now you should have 2 folders (res and res_mods) with all the subfolders and the audio files and the .xc in them.

Create a .zip with those 2 folders and name it "mod1.zip" and put it into the "Aslains_Custom_mods" folder, which is located in the WoT directory.

I hope this was somewhat to understand (I don't feel like it was =3 ).

E: And what all this does, it will always use the content of this .zip file after each new installation and overwrite w/e you have chosen in the installer.

For example, if you chose Jingles 6th sense sound in the installer but put like sauron sound in a mod1 file like this, you will always get your sauron sound.

This works likewise for other modifications, such as playerspanel, where you will always have your own customized panel after every installation - AUTOMATICALLY!!! - if you used this new mod-folder and put your .xc file in there.

Basically, you just create folders (on your desktop or whereever) like the directories of the stuff you want to modify.

6th sense sound files would be located at:

...\world_of_tanks\res\audio

the installer automatically operates in WoT folder by default though, so you only have to create:

res\audio\

and put your sound files into that folder.

Next up would be playerspanel.xc, which is located in:

...world_of_tanks\res_mods\xvm\configs\Aslain\playerspanel.xc

so you create, again:

res_mods\xvm\configs\Aslain\

and put your modified version of playerspanel.xc in there.

Now you should have 2 folder (res and res_mods) with all the subfolders and the audio files and the .xc in them.

Create a .zip with those 2 folders and name it "mod1.zip" and put it into the "Aslains_Custom_mods" folder, which is located in the WoT directory.

I hope this was somewhat to understand (I don't feel like it was =3 ).

Hmm... could you please say that in English now? I'm even more confused.  :wacko:

Hehe, I kinda thought so. =3

If you know where to find files and how to modify them, it's easier to understand.

Not sure how much use it is for ppl who don't, tbh.

And I feel like it's too much to explain, if you don't really know what you're doing in the first place (aka. you can't manually install any mods).

As I said... this is rocket science... I currently have multiple folders with multiple mods in one folder... How do I make this work? Do I just rename the original folder, or do I have to extract all of the folders inside and rename each individual one, as well as rename the sub-folders to 0.9.2 (since these are old mods that have never stopped working) [which ultimately will make this feature absolutely pointless]

I'll give it another shot and try to explain it for your case specifically.

If you have 1 mod that is a modified 6th sense sound, you usually have something like:

name of the file: "sauron.zip"

content: folders following the directory of "res\audio"

If you would extract this file into the main WoT folder, your old files would be replaced (this would be the manual way to do it).

Alternatively, you can now rename "sauron.zip" to "mod1.zip" (but only because it already contains the correct folders "res\audio") and put that renamed .zip into the new "Aslains_Custom_mods" folder, located in main WoT directory.

This will automatically install 6th sense (sauron) sound each time you run the installer; even if you chose a different sound during the installation.

E: It's really important that you somewhat know what you're doing - manually installing mods - because if you install certain other sound mods, the directory CAN be different.

This process can be done with any other file(s) that you would normally just modify after each time you ran the installer.

If you have tank skins, you'd have a

name of the file: "RandomSkins.zip"

content: folders following the directory of  "res_mods\0.9.1 (or 0.9.2 soon)\vehicles\".

You could now rename "RandomSkins.zip" to "mod2.zip", put it into the new "Aslains_Custom_mods" folder and those skins will be installed automatically each time you run the installer.

I hope that you see a pattern by now.

If you do and you can relate to the directories, then you should be able to understand this last part also.

Taking those last 2 examples, you could also just extract the .zip files ("sauron.zip" and "RandomSkins.zip") to your desktop and get 2 folders called "res" and "res_mods" with several subfolders in them, leading to the actual files that are being modified.

Now you could also just take those 2 main folders and put them into one .zip archive, which you then call "mod1.zip" which contains "res" and "res_mods" with all the subfolders and files of the 2 original .zip files.

Makes sense still? I hope so!

Lastly, you can put this new "mod1.zip" into the new "Aslains_Custom_mods" folder and have both the tank skins and the 6th sense sound modified by the use of 1 .zip file (instead of using "mod1.zip" [for 6th sense sound] and "mod2.zip" [for tank skins]).

I guess, that's as much as I can try to explain it. If you can't understand it, it's prolly no feature for you.

If you got it however, it will make your customization soooooooooo much fu***** easier, it's really amazing.

• Upvote 3

*stuff*

That makes much more sense. I think that lack of sleep finally rattled up my brains earlier in the morning. Thank you! I will try this out as soon as Aslain updates his mod pack to 9.2.  ^_^

Here's a +1 for that response. (Don't think you'll be passing my repudiation any time soon though. Consider yourself lucky...)  :P

Seriously though, I'm not sure why I didn't understand it the first time. Thank you for clearing that up for me. It seems like a very useful feature; and will definitely make my life a whole lot easier.

I'm just glad that I don't have to try again to explain stuff... I seriously doubted myself there and grabbed beer and then tried again then had more beer and then I went crazy, ran naked through the street yelling "IDK HOW ELSE TO EXPLAIN IT!!!!!!!!".

Crazy stuff..

On a serious note though, it's one of the most awesome additions Aslain has made yet, imo.

Really makes a lot of stuff easier, for ppl who still modify a lot even after his installer.

It's so simple and yet so powerful.. it's just brilliant.

My only concern would be that my tank skins have different parts...

For me, it would look something like this: (I'm using just the American skins in this example)

World of Tanks Stuff/World of Tanks Mods/My Little Pony Mods/Tank Skins/American/

Once I enter the American/ folder, I will find this:

American Skins Part 1

American Skins Part 2

American Skins Part 3

American Skins Part 4

American Skins Part 5

Each of those sub-folders contains various tank skins. Most tank skins can be found in the first part, however there are a few separate vehicles, as well as a lot of re-makes of Skins found in Part 1, all in the other parts. So what would I do about this? When I install other parts, I usually copy and paste the res_mods/9.2 folder from each part, and dump it into my main WoT Client. When I install Part 2,3,4,5, it adds in a few files that are new, and the rest I skip (since they're just re-makes).

How would this work if I used Aslain's Mod Pack to install this? If I were to rename each one to mod1.zip, mod2.zip, etc., would it skip or over-write the files within previous parts (in particular Part 1)? Also, if I were to extract all of the files into one mod1.zip folder, I would be manually going through each folder and extracting the files just so Aslain's Mod Pack could install it. What's the point of using Aslain's Installer to add them into the Client when it would take the exact same amount of time to place them into the directly myself?

Either way, I'll be extracting those files manually in order to skip the duplicate files in other parts. Unless Aslain's mod pack will automatically skip duplicates, I don't think this feature will be of much use for my tank skins.

My only concern would be that my tank skins have different parts...

For me, it would look something like this: (I'm using just the American skins in this example)

World of Tanks Stuff/World of Tanks Mods/My Little Pony Mods/Tank Skins/American/

Once I enter the American/ folder, I will find this:

American Skins Part 1

American Skins Part 2

American Skins Part 3

American Skins Part 4

American Skins Part 5

Each of those sub-folders contains various tank skins. Most tank skins can be found in the first part, however there are a few separate vehicles, as well as a lot of re-makes of Skins found in Part 1, all in the other parts. So what would I do about this? When I install other parts, I usually copy and paste the res_mods/9.2 folder from each part, and dump it into my main WoT Client. When I install Part 2,3,4,5, it adds in a few files that are new, and the rest I skip (since they're just re-makes).

How would this work if I used Aslain's Mod Pack to install this? If I were to rename each one to mod1.zip, mod2.zip, etc., would it skip or over-write the files within previous parts (in particular Part 1)? Also, if I were to extract all of the files into one mod1.zip folder, I would be manually going through each folder and extracting the files just so Aslain's Mod Pack could install it. What's the point of using Aslain's Installer to add them into the Client when it would take the exact same amount of time to place them into the directly myself?

Either way, I'll be extracting those files manually in order to skip the duplicate files in other parts. Unless Aslain's mod pack will automatically skip duplicates, I don't think this feature will be of much use for my tank skins.

I don't understand the bolded part.. that's not an actual directory in the NA client, is it?

As for the rest of your stuff, you could, basically, create a "res_mods" folder on your desktop and put all the stuff in there, as if you'd be installing it to the game folder manually (if you always put all the skins in that folder and let the PC do the rest).

It's really hard to explain without knowing what exactly your mods contain, which folders that is.

I don't want to make it sound too easy (which it is) because it can also be tricky, if you don't really know what exactly you're doing.

I would just create you a mod1.zip with all your mods in an instant, so you never have to manually do anything anymore but 10GB is quite a lot to upload and for me to download as well.

But that's the principle behind the whole thing. You put all your mods in one .zip and never have to look at it again, unless they have to be changed after patches or something new comes along.

E: The things I've changed right away, for example, are hitlog.xc (changed x-position for large panel), safeshot.xml (changed 1.5s to 2.5s), playerpanel.xc (changed the stats displayed and the way colors are applied to them) and the 6th sense sound files.

So nothing big but things I always had to manually adjust everytime.

No more!

I don't understand the bolded part.. that's not an actual directory in the NA client, is it?

As for the rest of your stuff, you could, basically, create a "res_mods" folder on your desktop and put all the stuff in there, as if you'd be installing it to the game folder manually (if you always put all the skins in that folder and let the PC do the rest).

It's really hard to explain without knowing what exactly your mods contain, which folders that is.

I don't want to make it sound too easy (which it is) because it can also be tricky, if you don't really know what exactly you're doing.

I would just create you a mod1.zip with all your mods in an instant, so you never have to manually do anything anymore but 10GB is quite a lot to upload and for me to download as well.

But that's the principle behind the whole thing. You put all your mods in one .zip and never have to look at it again, unless they have to be changed after patches or something new comes along.

Here's a video of the process. Sorry about the music that began playing half-way through.  :P

First off: WTF german vocals!!!!

I'll edit this post in a minute. <.<

I listen to a lot of German House & Dance music. When I say a lot, I mean a lot.  ^_^

Actually, I just listen to a lot of House & Dance. I have American (20 hours), British (1.5 hours), German (5 hours), Russian (1 hour), and even French (30 minutes) House & Dance on my playlists. The rest is Hip Hop/rap/rock. I have a little bit of Trap as well, but I usually listen to Dance & House.  ^_^

I listen to a lot of German House & Dance music. When I say a lot, I mean a lot.  ^_^

Obviously, I like you already..

WAIT A MINUTE!!!!

You are my mortal enemy, so no, you are sick dude!!!

Anyhow, at 0:26 you reach the point where it becomes real.

This is where the name of the folder matches what it's like in the main WoT folder: "res_mods"

This folder contains most of the mod files (unless some mods decide to modify original game files or use folders that usually are meant for the main game itself, rather than mods [if that makes sense.. I know, I suck]), except for some sound mods (such as the 6th sense one, which uses "res\audio" usually, instead of "res_mods\0.9.1\audio" (see dat pattern boi!).

So, I don't really know why you are only picking the american skins from the first folder, but it makes no sense.

The other folders (part 2, etc.) contain other nations as well, so you might as well just add all nations in the first step already.

That being cleared up, from 0:26 on, just drag/copy the "res_mods" folder onto your desktop.

At 3:06 you can drag/copy the "res_mods" folder to your desktop again and proceed so with the rest of the parts also.

What you end up with is a "res_mods" folder on your desktop, that contains all of your skin mods, right!?

Right.

Now you simply pack this "res_mods" folder into a .zip file (right-klick > create archive > choose "zip" over "rar" > name it "mod1.zip").

Et voila, you have all your skins in 1 file, that is named "mod1.zip".

This file you can put into the folder mentioned many times in the other post and those skins will be applied each time you run Aslain's installer.

12 minutes later... still no edit.  :P Take your time, no rush... it's not like the allied base is being captured by a scout or anything.  ;)

Dude, I so earned my beer with this one though..................

So, I don't really know why you are only picking the american skins from the first folder, but it makes no sense.

The other folders (part 2, etc.) contain other nations as well, so you might as well just add all nations in the first step already.

Incorrect. The other nations are not within those parts. Each nation has its own group of Parts. I needed to use 4 parts for just the American Tank Skins. Then I would go all the way back to my skins folder, find another nation, and use all of the parts within it (British has 2, Russian 6, German 5, etc. etc.).

I cannot mass-extract all of those files. The reason for this are the various parts to each nation. I have to manually extract the files from each part.

I think I  was over-complicating all of this. I already have extracted the skins to the vehicles folder, and I have already over-written the duplicates. So all I would have to do is place that "vehicles" folder within res_mods each time. I tend to run clean installs, so I would want to make a copy of it for Aslains_Custom_Files, although I think I understand how I would make this work.

I really over-thought this; thus I confused myself. I thought I would have to use the Tank Skins folder to place within Aslains_Custom_Mods, and thus I was worried that it would mess up with the parts unless I individually extracted and labeled them.

Now that I think about it, I already have my 9.1 copy of the vehicles folder. The skins will be identical for 9.2, so I just have to rename the folder, and place it within the Aslains_Custom_Mods folder, and it will do the installation for me.

I was thinking that I would have to manually extract the duplicates and manually compile the original skins all into one folder each and every single path. If the skins aren't going to change however, all what I need to do is take my already existing, and previously sorted-through/ready-to-use vehicles folder within my 9.1 folder.

Basically... I confused myself, and accidentally created an issue that shouldn't have existed in the first place.

Guess I'll never beat you this way. =(

I always assume that there's more than 1 nation in the "vehicle" folder.

In any case, you can still proceed as I suggested: :26 and onwards, just put the "res_mods" on your desktop and continue to add the other stuff to it, until you're done.

You know, I was over-complicating all of this. I already have extracted the skins to the vehicles folder. I have already over-written the duplicates. All I have to do is place that "vehicles" folder within res_mods each time. I tend to run clean installs, so I would want to make a copy of it for Aslains_Custom_Files,although I think I understand how I would make this work.

Wtf are you wasting my time for then!?

Just create a "mod1.zip" with the "res_mods" stuff I explained and put it into the custom files folder.

• Downvote 1

Wtf are you wasting my time for then!?

Just create a "mod1.zip" with the "res_mods" stuff I explained and put it into the custom files folder.

No, I mean I confused myself... a lot. I completely over-complicated the process, and over-looked the very simple solution... just use my existing res_mods files and place them into Aslains_Custom_Files.

I didn't mean to waste your time. Turns out I had over-thought this, and confused myself.

Ok, that does it..

Get rdy for WW3, like nao!

Just follow my steps and timestamps. If you have the mods on a different disc/partition as your desktop, just pull the "res_mods" stuff onto your desktop and keep doing that for all parts and.. well, read the other post. <_<

Ok, that does it..

Get rdy for WW3, like nao!

Just follow my steps and timestamps. If you have the mods on a different disc/partition as your desktop, just pull the "res_mods" stuff onto your desktop and keep doing that for all parts and.. well, read the other post. <_<

I figured it out. Thanks for your help. I updated my old reply:

I think I  was over-complicating all of this. I already have extracted the skins to the vehicles folder, and I have already over-written the duplicates. So all I would have to do is place that "vehicles" folder within res_mods each time. I tend to run clean installs, so I would want to make a copy of it for Aslains_Custom_Files, although I think I understand how I would make this work.

I really over-thought this; thus I confused myself. I thought I would have to use the Tank Skins folder to place within Aslains_Custom_Mods, and thus I was worried that it would mess up with the parts unless I individually extracted and labeled them.

Now that I think about it, I already have my 9.1 copy of the vehicles folder. The skins will be identical for 9.2, so I just have to rename the folder, and place it within the Aslains_Custom_Mods folder, and it will do the installation for me.

I was thinking that I would have to manually extract the duplicates and manually compile the original skins all into one folder each and every single path. If the skins aren't going to change however, all what I need to do is take my already existing, and previously sorted-through/ready-to-use vehicles folder within my 9.1 folder.

Basically... I confused myself, and accidentally created an issue that shouldn't have existed in the first place.