Adblock software

Uglyhat

So, I wanted to ty Aslain's rather than Solo's pack for a change.  With Solo's I gladly 'donated' $20 with each major update.  Aslain's wants me to disable my adblock software. NO.  I pay through the nose for my bandwidth, via cellphone out here in the sticks.  No way in hell I undo my adblock software so I can PAY for advertisements.  I will gladly 'donate' or pay directly for mods, software, etc.  But I encourage all of you, especially those of us with limited bandwidth to say NO to mandatory ads.

Looks like Solo gets another $20.

Yes, I do kinda find your post funny. Since you seem to think the ads are mandatory. But they're not. You can go right around them to download the modpack.

On that very link you posted. You'll see:

eu mirror #1

eu mirror #2

usa mirror #1

usa mirror #2

torrent

And right behind all of them, is a "direct" link, which bypasses the ad page.

• Upvote 2
5 hours ago, Uglyhat said:

So, I wanted to ty Aslain's rather than Solo's pack for a change.  With Solo's I gladly 'donated' $20 with each major update.  Aslain's wants me to disable my adblock software. NO.  I pay through the nose for my bandwidth, via cellphone out here in the sticks.  No way in hell I undo my adblock software so I can PAY for advertisements.  I will gladly 'donate' or pay directly for mods, software, etc.  But I encourage all of you, especially those of us with limited bandwidth to say NO to mandatory ads.

Looks like Solo gets another $20.

Aslain's makes the ads optional. They have been optional for as long as I can remember.   No one has to view ads to download the modpack.  That is why you always have the "direct" link to bypass the ads.  Every link that includes ads to support the website is also paired with a "Direct" link directly next to it where you only get the desired download.  Any type of payment is 100% completely voluntary.

I encourage you to ask for help/information in a polite, nice way and you will probably be surprised at the outcome....especially here in this forum.

• Upvote 3

... But don't forget to donate occasionally... I know I need to do it more frequently...

Aslain puts a lot of work into his modpack, and he's usually WAY ahead of his peers in getting an initial pack out to us after a WOT update comes out. He's dependent on others to update their individual mods, but he gets SOMETHING out as soon as he can.

Donation inbound...