[BUG] Windows struggling with the installer files

Recently, I've had a lot of troubles with both opening the installers I download, and even been unable to delete them from my downloads folder.

I dunno if this is a windows issue, or something with the modpack. Even right-clicking on the file takes a few minutes before the right-click menu pops up.

If someone here knows what might be happening, or if there are any others here having the same issues, please speak up.

Running Win10

• Upvote 1

As I've stated before I don't have any problem with it myself, I'm not sure why it's any different for me than for anyone else. Takes no more than a second or 2 for the modpack installer to pop up even with windows defender active on my computer. But I thought I would help with showing people how to disable windows defender if they need to to make it work for them.

I wanted to see what the problem was with windows defender , as I have mine off as I use avira ,    so I disabled avira  turned on  windows defender  tried to click on the shortcut for modpack installer ,  pc lagged like hell all cpu  usage was at 100%     spotted wat was  doing it it was windows internal scan it  treated  the mudpack installer as dangerous and  it auto started a  background maintenance scan   ,  even opening my download folders  where all the  previous installers were was causing it to  grind my pc to a halt and  struggled to even open any of the installers

Never ever disable your defender software, it is doing its job, the fact that the file is not working properly sends up all kinds of red flags....no pun intended.

Do not install the software you could be loading a crypto virus.  This site has been hacked before.

30 minutes ago, Hoopla said:

Never ever disable your defender software, it is doing its job, the fact that the file is not working properly sends up all kinds of red flags....no pun intended.

Do not install the software you could be loading a crypto virus.  This site has been hacked before.

nothing wrong with disabling windows defender as long as u  enable another  progam ,,   but safest way of swapping  anti virus programs is disable internet  first 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Hoopla said:

Please don't spread false accusements. What website was hacked before? The installer is in perfect health. Warning was given away, one more try and ban.

• Upvote 1
On 19.9.2016 at 11:17 PM, Quaksen said:

For some reason, Windows Defender has starting hating the installer.

Kaspersky doesn't have any issues with it though.

Avira AntiVirus Pro does not have any issues at all with the installer either.  I suggest that people use any of the top free AV instead of Defender.  Do a little research yourself and read the independent tests in the following link and decide yourself what you should be trusting for your protection.  https://www.av-test.org/en/antivirus/home-windows/

Edited by Darth_Clicker