Lag spikes

I'm getting crazy frustrating lag spikes in the last week or so in every or every second battle.

My ping suddenly just jumps up from 30-60 to 200-400 for a couple of second. The picture isn't lagging or anything just my vehicle not responding for like 2 second. Not moving when it was still or moving on his own if I was on the way. One or two times per games. I can't see any triggering conditions, sometimes right after the start, sometimes in a bush, when I try to move out, looks total random to me.

Am I the only one with this? Any idea what's causing it? I have to try without mods?

Edited by coffee

Sounds more like your internet connection is having some issues.

Try restarting your router, to start with.

Mods shouldn't affect your ping time at all. The ping shown is the time it takes from your signal to reach the server.

So - yeah - probably connection issue. Keep in mind that there's several servers you pass through, between you and Wargaming's server.

1 minute ago, Quaksen said:

Sounds more like your internet connection is having some issues.

Try restarting your router, to start with.

Mods shouldn't affect your ping time at all. The ping shown is the time it takes from your signal to reach the server.

So - yeah - probably connection issue. Keep in mind that there's several servers you pass through, between you and Wargaming's server.

Sounds like it, but in theory nothing changed with my internet connection and I don't have problems anywhere else. I will try tho.

I also just read this post now:

I'll do those things tomorrow too. Sleepy-time now. Sorry for the negligent posting.

The bug report links are always shown with my posts, it's my signature :) Hehe.

Well, a server between you and Wargaming's World of Tanks servers could be having packet loss every now and then, which would cause ping times to peak from time to time.

And while you might have some issues connected to the game, you might not see it somewhere else, due to a different route through the internet :)