New patch, can I save the config file?

Especially as of late, when a new patch drops, there is compatibility issues with mods. I wonder, is there a way I could copy and save the file of the the config I have now, because it is perfect, for later, so that if it doesn't translate, I can always roll back in a few days?

I tried doing this yesterday with a fresh windows, and WOT client install, but apparently the aslain's files I copied didn't work.

Good luck on the new patch work!

Thanks

Since you mentioned a fresh Windows install, I'm guessing you're talking about the options you selected in the installer?

Once you've ran the installer once on the new computer, it'll start using the file it generated.

But you can use this, to load another configuration file:

Hopefully that's what you meant :)

6 minutes ago, Quaksen said:

Since you mentioned a fresh Windows install, I'm guessing you're talking about the options you selected in the installer?

Once you've ran the installer once on the new computer, it'll start using the file it generated.

But you can use this, to load another configuration file:

Hopefully that's what you meant :)

Its a complete new windows system, complete new WOT client, complete new Aslain's installer.
I had just saved some of the Aslian's files out of my old WOT client so that hopefully it would remember my previous config.
But it didn't work, I had to individually select each option in the installer again, like it was a fresh install.

But, lets say I load up Aslain's right now, it will have a memory of what I selected yesterday, which I figured is some kind of config file.

I know about that LOAD program but honestly I just don't understand it. I tried it several times and never got it to work.

For world of tanks your preferences are stored in the roaming app data folder, I am not certain if that is a transferable file either. But that is in essence what I am getting at.

Thanks

Using the LOADINF program, you'd need your old "_Aslains_Installer_Options.inf" for that to be of any help..

You should be able to move WoT's preference files, to keep those settings though, from the Wargaming.net folder in the AppData folder.

• Upvote 1

Basically, what I am talking about, is when new patches drop, the preferences you have from the previous patch have holes in them because not all of the mods are there, and you go without them, and then the configuration changes, and it is changed for good, until you happen to look at the installer again and re-select the mods once they are updated.

Which can be hit or miss, in my experience of using Aslain's installer for almost two years now. It is always the same problem, though it intensified as of late, as they changed scripts and many mods didn't work.

The whole point is that I am tired of having different mods every single patch, unless I get lucky. I don't understand in detail the Aslain's part of the installer, and I always seem to get different configurations every time I have to re-select mods.

So, I was hoping there would be a way to back up my current set up, so that I can try to make them work maybe this next patch, or the patch after that, etc.

But if that is too much to ask, that is fine to. I always manage either way.

To keep backups of what you have/had selected in the installer, you'd need the file mentioned in my previous message.

(_Aslains_Installer_Options.inf)

It's created/updated every time the installer runs, so you'd need to save it before running it.

And then you'd need to use the LOADINF program, to run the installer with the older configuration file.

The LOADINF program is fairly straight forward.

Once it runs, you click to load the installer file, and then click to load the INF file you want the installer to use, and then click the button to run the installer using the selected INF file. :)

• Upvote 1
41 minutes ago, Quaksen said:

To keep backups of what you have/had selected in the installer, you'd need the file mentioned in my previous message.

(_Aslains_Installer_Options.inf)

It's created/updated every time the installer runs, so you'd need to save it before running it.

And then you'd need to use the LOADINF program, to run the installer with the older configuration file.

The LOADINF program is fairly straight forward.

Once it runs, you click to load the installer file, and then click to load the INF file you want the installer to use, and then click the button to run the installer using the selected INF file. :)

Ok, I got it to work this time. I backed up the file from the current config to, just in case it doesn't take.

I will also screenshot my config to assure the accuracy, which is what came to me during this discussion....

Part of the trouble, as I have asked a similar question before, is that I have a SSD that I had to move WOT from because of limited space, and in that move, I think that where it moved the files, it was confusing about where to look for the files and such.
Which it was looking on my other HDD to which I had it installed previously.

So, we shall see.

Thanks again.