General DLC server bug reporting. (Downloading issues only, not for 404 errors)

for some reason installer    cuts downloading the folder halfway through ,  downloads every other mod and installs them fine .

I checked in the dlc folder and tried to open folder but  says it cant open,  I deleted the folder and ran the installer again zorganes folder started downloading and halfway through  (22mb)  it  went straight to  installing ,  checked the folder in dlc and same thing ,

I went to the index page to download the folder from there and  excact same thing I  the download was interrupted.

ive went to zorganes page and downloaded it fine from there

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone having very slow download speed of the various mods in the mod pack.I downloaded the latest one today and picked the usual mods I always pick and the download speed is anywhere from 50kbps up to 90 tops kbps.Total time to download shows 9 hrs 14 min.This has been going on for the last 3 weeks and this has been the slowest ever to install the whole mod pack.It took around 45 min to 1 hr 4-5 days ago to install everything including all the tank skins and today it says 9 hrs.I live in Ontario Canada and have Bell Fibre 50 internet.Anyone else with this problem please post.Hopefully,there is a fix for this.I use nothing but Aslains mod pack.Its the best one I think by far...

There could be a routing issue somewhere.

Remember, your connection passes through many servers, between you, and the point you download from. Any one of those points could be having issues, and causing slowdowns in download speed.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Aslain - Thank you for your modpack! I have been using it for a long time now, and I really appreciate your hard work in keeping it up to date.

Now on to my small problem...

For quite a few months now, I can no longer download all of the mods - Especially TSFH. It usually times out after waiting for however long:

tUuLPug.png

I have no problem regularly downloading 10's of gigs worth of data @ 11 mb/s.

Can I do anything to correct this? I really do miss playing with the TSFH mod :(

071417_Aslains_Installer.log

Edited by BoostBlitzen
  • 2 weeks later...

My friends have been telling me to download this modpack for AGES so I finally decided to, picked my settings, and went to download.

I have, decent... but certainly not terrible internet. 15mbps~20mbps down (My XBox One pumps out closer to ~30mbps down somehow).  But uhh, the installer is averaging 100kbs.... that's infuriating when my download size is 800mg+ (after a drop down from ~1.4gb).

Now, of course, I'm not using any other device on my own wifi, I don't have stragglers sucking my bandwidth.  In fact, I think it's this server's bandwidth, either you guys haven't paid your bills or you gotta talk about getting an upgrade from your provider.... 

As I'm typing it's downloading, now I intend to let this finish for now, but for chrissake you need to fix this.

If you need more information, let me know, but it's clearly a bandwidth issue on your end.  If it's a money issue on your end run some ads on the forum page or something, sheesh...

[EDIT] Remaining time; 1 hour, 48 minutes.  I guess I'm watching a movie..... [EDIT]

Edited by KairoKura
Addition
  • Upvote 1

Is there a reason why I am downloading at 900 kbps when I have a 100mbps connection? I have used Aslain for along time, and yes I admit, I have not donated, but I always go through adfly to at least give some type of revenue. Why is it so slow? That is like 10% of what I should be downloading at.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, BeSalty said:

Is there a reason why I am downloading at 900 kbps when I have a 100mbps connection? I have used Aslain for along time, and yes I admit, I have not donated, but I always go through adfly to at least give some type of revenue. Why is it so slow? That is like 10% of what I should be downloading at.

No matter how faster your download speed is, you'll always be limited by the servers between you and the final destination, and by the destination as well.

Keep that in mind, there's several factors playing in...

7 minutes ago, Quaksen said:

No matter how faster your download speed is, you'll always be limited by the servers between you and the final destination, and by the destination as well.

Keep that in mind, there's several factors playing in...

There might be several factors but currently it's all determined by the download servers ISP. if it (Blackbox Servers?) happens to be bouncing client connections so bad that download speeds are limited to approximately 100kbps for users with different ISPs and download speeds then either the devs are paying too little or too much, and should severely look into demanding a fix for the issue or alternative server hosting services 

I reinstalled the modpack today now that the week of Clan Cup tournaments is over.  I added a few different mods the install.  The DLC server has been going at a pace of 29 KB/s.  The install is going to take 45 minutes to 60 minutes due to this slow download speed.  Is the server overloaded or is there another issue?  I don't remember the downloads going that slow before.

My download speed test results are around 125 Mbps.  I wanted to rule out my connection, so I tried two download speed test on a server in Europe and received a result of 117 Kbps and 138 Kbps.

Hosting place is being shitty as fuck right now, can't do much about it.

Packet loss is an issue right now. Users are being throttled down to 200KB/s aswell.

Again, nothing Aslain/I can do about it. I have to deal with about 10TB of traffic every week, I get 0 compensation for the server/time invested.

Network revamp of isp is underway and should be happening tomorrow so expect more downtime by then. Maybe after that we'll see improvement.

Reason for not responding earlier to you guys is because this forum stopped sending me emails about new posts for no reason.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Aslain unpinned this topic
  • Aslain pinned this topic
  • 10 months later...