Truncated nicknames in players panel

Is there any way of showing full nicknames with clan info in the players panel? I am defaulting mine to "medium #1", but even if I choose "full" they still are truncated and I can't see any of the longer nicknames, including the clan parenthesis. I tried editing nickMinWidth and nickMaxWidth in playersPanel_medium.xc, but it just makes the nickname cell wider - nicknames stay truncated.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Just changed that, and the names are still truncated... Maybe I've done smth wrong?

Here's the excerpt of that part of the file:

"nickFormatLeft": "<font color='{{c:r}}' alpha='{{alive?#FF|#80}}'>{{nick}}</font>",
      "nickFormatRight": "<font color='{{c:r}}' alpha='{{alive?#FF|#80}}'>{{nick}}</font>",

3 minutes ago, zzarac said:

Just changed that, and the names are still truncated... Maybe I've done smth wrong?

Here's the excerpt of that part of the file:

"nickFormatLeft": "<font color='{{c:r}}' alpha='{{alive?#FF|#80}}'>{{nick}}</font>",
      "nickFormatRight": "<font color='{{c:r}}' alpha='{{alive?#FF|#80}}'>{{nick}}</font>",

Not sure... :( I haven't messed too much with it...

Maybe try {{nick%.100s~..}} which shouldn't truncate until their names are 100 characters long.. The above one truncates at 16 :)

• Upvote 1
Just now, zzarac said:

Thanks, that worked, but i still needed to expand nickMinWidth and nickMaxWidth values.

Yeah, obviously though, otherwise it cannot display stuff :)

It would dynamically change the field size if the min width is smaller than the max width, and the names will decide the cell size.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Aslain said:

I wanted to show full names there but the PP background has limited size and everything look ugly when I set it like this. Hence the sollution with truncated names.

Aslain, I have absolutely no problems with players panel as it is, just needed the option to show full nicknames (and clan tags). Since there is a way of doing that (as Quacksen pointed out) there is no reason to change your default settings. Editing one text file really isn't a big hassle, and in your place I would ignore the whiners.