Custom Mods Feature

So I love the custom mods feature, but I have a question about how it functions.

Im trying to use Gnomefather's sounds by Zorgane, but because I use some custom model swaps of my own, there is a conflict. In an attempt to be creative, I created a copy of the script I use to change the tank in question and modified it to use the sound effect from the sound mod, and then package it separately to have it installed at the end of installation after the sound mod, and my own remodel were installed, however when I launched the game, I found that the model swap had not worked. So my question is, does the custom mod function not overwrite files previously installed by the installer?

42 minutes ago, Aslain said:

mods from the custom mod function are being installed as the last ones, so if you have something that is using same files as the modpack, it will be overwritten in the end of installation.

That is not how it is functioning then.

EDIT:

Heres what my custom mods folder looks like:

xjhu8Bj.png

The 2 files highlighted are the files that dont appear to be being overwritten.

The first does this:

1BFzp41.jpg

It changes the Skorpion G to looked like the regular Skorpion thats also in the files. If you want to see whats included, you can find the zip file here. (It contains 2 images and a script file, in the appropriate folders).

The 2nd contains a copy of the script from the first file, but edited to use the sound effect from Zorgane's version of Gnomefather's sound mod. Other wise it is identical to the script from the first zip. If you need this file for comparison, you can find it here.

However, upon opening the installer, selecting my mods (including Zorgane's version of Gnomefathers), and running a clean install, with my custom mods folder as shown above, I am greeted with this:

FcDPwJu.jpg

However, I can see that at least part of my mod was installed, because the Skorpion icon (shown in the carousel and vehicle details window) is that of the normal Skorpion. But as you can see the tank has not been changed. Manually installing the script from the 2nd zip file changes the tank back to the normal Skorpion.

So somewhere along the line a file is not being overwritten, or the sound mod is being installed last, or something.

Edited by Avalon304
2 minutes ago, Aslain said:

Sorry for missleading you, I was wrong how it works for entire time then, I will try to fix it.

I mean, until tonight, how you described it was how it appeared to work, so I cant blame you.

Looking at the installer log, it appears that the last two things to extract and install on my install were milkym4n's contour icons and Gnomefather's by Zorgane. Just for due diligence here are the logs.