Custom Mods function no longer working.

It worked for me, but I wouldn't call it "fully functional". "Version" macro did not work for me, so in a .zip file in custom mods folder I renamed the folder from 'version' to 0.9.16 and then it worked.

Edited by zzarac
typo
  • Administrator
9 hours ago, zzarac said:

It worked for me, but I wouldn't call it "fully functional". "Version" macro did not work for me, so in a .zip file in custom mods folder I renamed the folder from 'version' to 0.9.16 and then it worked.

I will take care of this version thing, will be working again in next modpack.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Aslain said:

Unable to reproduce, your file was unpacked successfuly, and is present in my res_mods.

This is most perplexing then... it will not install anything even with a fresh download of the installer, and with my antivirus disabled. Its like it doesnt even try.

EDIT: Ran a test using build 27 of the installer. Custom mods were installed properly... I really dont understand what is happening with build 32 then...

Edited by Avalon304
1 hour ago, Aslain said:

the only difference to now is that the unpacking is being executed at different moment. Maybe check antivir, who knows, maybe it is blocking extractor.bat for some reason.

Ive tried every combination of turning my antivirus off. Ive even gone so far as to uninstall the AV completely and try the install. It just will not execute the custom mods install. Trying with build 27 of the installer (back before you changed when the custom mods are installed), works, and I can even see the extractor.bat in the log myself, but now its just not there. Its like its been yanked from the exe, even if I download a new copy.

8 minutes ago, Avalon304 said:

Ive tried every combination of turning my antivirus off. Ive even gone so far as to uninstall the AV completely and try the install. It just will not execute the custom mods install. Trying with build 27 of the installer (back before you changed when the custom mods are installed), works, and I can even see the extractor.bat in the log myself, but now its just not there. Its like its been yanked from the exe, even if I download a new copy.

Did you try downloading the installer with anti virus turned off?  Sometimes AV will block stuff on download.  but if it did, it should tell you it blocked something.  I do not have any problems with my AV and the modpack.

Good luck.

2 minutes ago, Darth_Clicker said:

Did you try downloading the installer with anti virus turned off?  Sometimes AV will block stuff on download.  but if it did, it should tell you it blocked something.  I do not have any problems with my AV and the modpack.

Good luck.

I mean, Avast is usually pretty good about not doing stupid stuff like that, but I gave it another try with a fresh copy downloaded while Avast was completely turned off. And it was the same thing...  not seeing any entries in the log for extractor.bat. None. Its like it does not exist on my system. And yet, if I go back to build 27, it works.

2 minutes ago, Avalon304 said:

I mean, Avast is usually pretty good about not doing stupid stuff like that, but I gave it another try with a fresh copy downloaded while Avast was completely turned off. And it was the same thing...  not seeing any entries in the log for extractor.bat. None. Its like it does not exist on my system. And yet, if I go back to build 27, it works.

Is Avast the only thing you have running?  Any other malware or Windows Defender?  Just a crazy suggestion...try a different browser to download to make sure it is not browser based.

13 minutes ago, Darth_Clicker said:

Is Avast the only thing you have running?  Any other malware or Windows Defender?  Just a crazy suggestion...try a different browser to download to make sure it is not browser based.

Avast is the only AV running. Tried a download through Edge, same thing, extractor.bat is nowhere to be seen.

I even had turned User Account Control off. The only variable I cant eliminate is Windows 10 itself. And yet, I have a problem believing that would be the issue.

Edited by Avalon304
57 minutes ago, Avalon304 said:

extractor.bat is in line 4192 of the Installer.log that you attached.

I downloaded your res mods folder and placed the contents in my Aslains_Custom_mods folder and the installer extracted everything and installed it correctly into the res_mods folder.

Are you sure you have everything in your Aslains_Custom_mods folder correct?  You do have the res_mods folder saved as a 7z or zip file?   Just checking....

Edited by Darth_Clicker
7 minutes ago, Darth_Clicker said:

I downloaded your res mods folder and placed the contents in my Aslains_Custom_mods folder and the installer extracted everything and installed it correctly into the res_mods folder.

Are you sure you have everything in your Aslains_Custom_mods folder correct?  7z or zip file? etc.  Just checking....

That file you downloaded (Im assuming you mean the mod in this very topic?) Its one of several files I have in my custom mods folder. That exact zip is in there along with 17 other zip archives, all set up exactly the same (XXX.zip>res_mods>0.9.16>...) Unless the function completely changed how it looks at the folder when Aslain changed the function in build 28 that folder has not changed (and again, if I use the old build 27 installer I still have, everything is installed as expected (though before the DLC mods), and I can see the extractor fire up and copy things from the custom mods folder to res_mods). Literally the only thing that changed in this situation is that I went from build 27 to build 31. And its not worked since build 31 came out.

Could you post the logs from the install you did with my mod, I want to compare it with my most recent build 33 log.

Edited by Avalon304
14 minutes ago, Avalon304 said:

That file you downloaded (Im assuming you mean the mod in this very topic?) Its one of several files I have in my custom mods folder. That exact zip is in there along with 17 other zip archives, all set up exactly the same (XXX.zip>res_mods>0.9.16>...) Unless the function completely changed how it looks at the folder when Aslain changed the function in build 28 that folder has not changed (and again, if I use the old build 27 installer I still have, everything is installed as expected (though before the DLC mods), and I can see the extractor fire up and copy things from the custom mods folder to res_mods). Literally the only thing that changed in this situation is that I went from build 27 to build 31. And its not worked since build 31 came out.

Could you post the logs from the install you did with my mod, I want to compare it with my most recent build 33 log.

Sure, no problem.  Here you go.  I simply renamed my own res_mods folder in the Aslains Custom folder and placed the res_mods folder from the Google Drive link you provided above.  Then I created a new res_mods.7zip folder and ran the installer.  The usa-A63_M46_Patton_KR files were installed into the correct places in the normal res_mods folder.

I have no idea of how to help you.  If you are sure that you have a res_mods.zip or 7zip file in your Aslains_Custom_mods folder then it should work as it did for me and for Aslain.

Good luck. 

1 minute ago, Darth_Clicker said:

Sure, no problem.  Here you go.  I simply renamed my own res_mods folder in the Aslains Custom folder and placed the res_mods folder from the Google Drive link you provided above.  Then I created a new res_mods.7zip folder and ran the installer.  The usa-A63_M46_Patton_KR files were installed into the correct places in the normal res_mods folder.

I have no idea of how to help you.  If you are sure that you have a res_mods.zip or 7zip file in your Aslains_Custom_mods folder then it should work as it did for me and for Aslain.

Good luck. 

I see no logs....

And you are letting me try to help you?  And I can not even manage to upload one measly file....:P    Just so you know, I do not see in the installer itself, while it is running, where it is extracting the Aslains_Custom_mods folder or the contents either.  But the info is definitely being installed.

_Aslain_logs.zip

7 minutes ago, Darth_Clicker said:

And you are letting me try to help you?  And I can not even manage to upload one measly file....:P    Just so you know, I do not see in the installer itself, while it is running, where it is extracting the Aslains_Custom_mods folder or the contents either.  But the info is definitely being installed.

_Aslain_logs.zip

Nope, I even let the installer recreate the custom folder itself and then tried installing again. It is not copying anything over.

• Administrator

When I moved extractor.bat in different part of installer, it's not being logged (i.e. that successfully finished it's task), you can only find a trace that it was copied to a location.

I have to add logging of it, or you have to use some external logger, to check what is happening on your pc and why.

Same thing as before. New logs:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_4G5PlHhLsxM3dMNE5UWHJiejg

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_4G5PlHhLsxNE1mdzkwWFBtMTQ

EDIT: Its almost like the extractor, however its been changed at one point, doesnt like spaces in folder names (despite having had no issues with it before).

EDIT2: Added underscores to my WoT folder, extractor log now looks like this:

ARGUMENT 1 (PATH TO CUSTOM MODS): D:\Games\World_of_Tanks\Aslains_Custom_mods
ARGUMENT 2 (PATH TO EXTRACT TO): D:\Games\World_of_Tanks\

Still didnt actually copy anything.

Edited by Avalon304
  • Administrator

So your PC is blocking something related to extractor.bat.

See how typical (when you install something from custom folder) extractor log should look like:

ARGUMENT 1 (PATH TO CUSTOM MODS): C:\Games\World_of_Tanks_EU\Aslains_Custom_mods
ARGUMENT 2 (PATH TO EXTRACT TO): C:\Games\World_of_Tanks_EU\

7-Zip (a) [32] 15.12 : Copyright (c) 1999-2015 Igor Pavlov : 2015-11-19

Scanning the drive for archives:
1 file, 6277839 bytes (6131 KiB)

Extracting archive: C:\Games\World_of_Tanks_EU\Aslains_Custom_mods\crew_voices_Krol_Julian_915.7z
WARNING:
C:\Games\World_of_Tanks_EU\Aslains_Custom_mods\crew_voices_Krol_Julian_915.7z
Can not open the file as [7z] archive
The file is open as [zip] archive

--
Path = C:\Games\World_of_Tanks_EU\Aslains_Custom_mods\crew_voices_Krol_Julian_915.7z
Open WARNING: Can not open the file as [7z] archive
Type = zip
Physical Size = 6277839

Everything is Ok

Archives with Warnings: 1
Folders: 4
Files: 3
Size:       6498082
Compressed: 6277839

Yours are:

ARGUMENT 1 (PATH TO CUSTOM MODS): D:\Games\World
ARGUMENT 2 (PATH TO EXTRACT TO): of

See difference, it is cutted out right in the middle of second line, something killed extractor in this moment.