Custom Mods function no longer working.

I dont know what it will be, Ive turned off every form of antivirus, and program scanning that Im aware of on this PC... Ive completely stopped Avast, turned off SmartScreen, made sure Defender is off, and disabled User Account Control and run the installer as administrator... there should be nothing blocking the execution of the extractor. I may just be out of luck with this feature now... because I dont know what could be blocking it at this point...

I want to thank you for all you have done though, youve done way more then you had to.

1 minute ago, Aslain said:

I'm trying to get some help with this from the other programmers, what is your system btw?

Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit.

WoT resides on a separate 1TB HDD from the main OS. My user files (including the folder where Im running the installer from) are located on the same drive as WoT. 

2 minutes ago, Aslain said:

Bah, so it wasn't double quotas problem, something is still there, but why it works for me, and not for you? No clue :/

That two lines in extractor log are ok now, but why there is no rest?

This is what I dont understand either. By all rights, it should just work, but it doesnt.

I dont know why the rest of the extractor log isnt there... is it because I have WoT on another drive other than where Windows is? (Windows is on C: and WoT is on D:)

• Administrator
Just now, Avalon304 said:

This is what I dont understand either. By all rights, it should just work, but it doesnt.

I dont know why the rest of the extractor log isnt there... is it because I have WoT on another drive other than where Windows is? (Windows is on C: and WoT is on D:)

Can you try to install to different folder on different hdd? You don't have to install to WoT folder, just create new one and install it there and see what happens in there.

7 hours ago, Aslain said:

I attached intaller in previous post, have you tried that?

i just went back to installer 32 , but will try this one just now

tried the one u posted still didn't load custom mods  everything still at default

Edited by bubs79
20 hours ago, Aslain said:

I tried it just now and got the same results.  Neither of the two files in my the Aslains_Custom_mods folder were installed into the res_mods folder.  Just for info here is a screenshot of the Aslain Custom Mods folder and the files location in my system.  Logs are below this screenshot.

LMjoyGT.jpg

_Aslain_logs.zip

Edited by Darth_Clicker
49 minutes ago, TheBlueScreenOfDeath said:

While reading this topic I understood, that there is something related to the custom mods, that makes life easier when there is a new WOT version (some 'version' macro).

Could please someone explain me what it is and where it is and how it is... ;) 

Thanks.

If you look in your World of Tanks folder on your hard drive, you will see an Aslains_Custom_mods folder.  Inside this folder is a README.txt file.  You can open this in Notepad or Notepad++ (recommended).  It explains about the macro.

Now in case you do not know how to use the Aslains_Custom_mods folder here goes:

In the Aslains_Custom_mods folder, create a folder and name it res_mods.  The folder structure inside this folder must be exactly like the structure inside your res_mods folder in your World of Tanks folder where your mods/xvm resides.  Inside this res_mods folder create a folder and name it either the name of the current version, which in the current case is 0.9.16 or you can name it version.  Naming it version instead of the actual version number (0.9.16 etc) is what is meant by the macro and simply means that it does not matter what the current version of the game is at the moment, it will use it.

Now inside this version folder you can put any custom changes that you normally make to your settings or mods.  For example, I use the Battle Assistant mod and the default key to activate it is the G key.  I like to use the F key instead of G.  So I edited the mod_battle:assistant.txt file that resides in World_of_Tanks>0.9.16>scripts>client>gui>mods and changed the key to activate from G to F.  I have created the following folder structure inside the Aslains_Custom_mods folder:   res_mods>version>scripts>client>gui>mods.  I placed my edited mod_battle:assistant.txt file inside this mods folder.  In order for the installer to use this folder structure, you have to save a zip file of the res_mods folder that is in the Aslains_Custom_mods folder.

Here is a screenshot of what is inside my Aslains_Custom_mods folder.  The res_mods.7z is the zipped version of the same res_mods folder you can see there.  You can also save it as a .zip file in case you do not have 7zip.  7zip files are little smaller and more efficient.  But you have to save it as either a zip file or a 7z file in order for the installer to use it.

I hope this has answered your question.  If not, that is ok, I had fun writing it anyway.  :P

JIHpAMV.jpg

Edited by Darth_Clicker
  • Upvote 2