Fair Play Policy on EU server

7 minutes ago, picur10 said:

Great news, WG EU will start fight against the bad mods:

http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/pc-browser/46/fair_play_policy

Should check the mod pack and remove the forbidden mods. Eg. as I remember there is mod what shows the reload time.

i dont see how the reload timer  is being put on the list , all its doing is showing u the info that u already know.  theres a grey area on the reload timer ,as it isn't  accurate    , reload timer only starts when the shel hits u so if the tank that shot u is 3 seconds flight time then the timer is 3 seconds off. 

4 minutes ago, bubs79 said:

i dont see how the reload timer  is being put on the list , all its doing is showing u the info that u already know.  theres a grey area on the reload timer ,as it isn't  accurate    , reload timer only starts when the shel hits u so if the tank that shot u is 3 seconds flight time then the timer is 3 seconds off. 

Modifications that alert you when spotted vehicles are reloading or show enemy vehicles’ reloading timers <<<<

It is on the list.

Just now, Quaksen said:

Modifications that alert you when spotted vehicles are reloading or show enemy vehicles’ reloading timers <<<<

It is on the list.

it shudnt be on the list though , the info of tanks reloads r in game all the time  i.

2 minutes ago, picur10 said:

Hmm, and maybe the autoaim indication will be banned also because that's more than the built in function. :(

if u read the part properly it says  if it locks onto weak spots , or  aims in front of tank  whilst it is moving . it isn't clear that the snap on auto aim is legit or not

3 minutes ago, bubs79 said:

if u read the part properly it says  if it locks onto weak spots , or  aims in front of tank  whilst it is moving . it isn't clear that the snap on auto aim is legit or not

"Auto-aim or so-called “aimbots” that provide more functionality than the “aim lock” in the vanilla client, specifically including those that aim at the enemy's weak spots and/or lead the aim automatically so that a cheater can focus on maneuvering their tank"

"Specially" so not only that aim at weak spots but everything what is more than base right click.

I hope indication won't be banned. Try to lock the enemy while you are going full speed e.g. with my Cromwell B, lol.

17 minutes ago, picur10 said:

"Auto-aim or so-called “aimbots” that provide more functionality than the “aim lock” in the vanilla client, specifically including those that aim at the enemy's weak spots and/or lead the aim automatically so that a cheater can focus on maneuvering their tank"

"Specially" so not only that aim at weak spots but everything what is more than base right click.

I hope indication won't be banned. Try to lock the enemy while you are going full speed e.g. with my Cromwell B, lol.

I really don't know how they can prove who is using what , are they going to go on the evidence of hear say ?  someone moans and complains , they r just going to punish them without reason/warning.  

I can see it now guys who play vanilla  getting banned cos someone   complains about them .  yeh that's going to go down well

BUT there is still no list of indvidual banned mods, so trying stuff with a test account is probably a good idea, to avoid the risk to your main account.

It will be GREAT if Aslain can indicate what looks like it might get you banned in the mod pack client

on WG forum, posted at 3PM, now 8 pages of comments and climbing, LMAO

looks like a bit more clearer on the auto aim mod, crosshair must highlight tank  to lock ,

I know that you have many questions, but it is unlikely we will be able to answer every single one. One of the main reasons we're doing this, besides letting everyone enjoy a fair and clean game, is the fact that we want to avoid people using that information to abuse or bypass the system. For now, the most important thing to take from this is: if a mod changes the functionality of certain in-game features to provide a player with an unfair advantage, it is forbidden. If you have any doubts about a specific mod falling into the forbidden category, our advice is to not take the risk and decide to not install the mod. Installing a mod is up to the player. If the mod looks like it could create problems, it probably will.

We are also in the process of reviewing mods currently being advertised on the forum. Please note that mods aren't allowed just because they have a topic on the forum. We will examine and remove topics containing illegal mods, however that is an ongoing task and it will most likely take some time.

Be assured that no one will be banned just because another player says so.

As for autoaim, our "forbidden" list includes mods that allow players to enable built-in auto-aim/target lock without having the enemy tank highlighted by the crosshair.

5 minutes ago, bubs79 said:

Be assured that no one will be banned just because another player says so.

No one is saying how the cheaters/forbidden mods are going to be caught, and since the WG has no right to scan your computer, the will probably need to use some other means similar to PunkBuster.

This is something that community has been waiting for so long, and it is only just thing to do before everyone start to use cheats or ppl leave the game for good.

Edited by Jonikka
7 minutes ago, mfl350z said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't alot of the mods displayed in the Python file when they load.  As I recall someone was banned when they sent in the file for support and a questionable mod was listed.

yes you r right , tbh  if u don't post replays  / streams python logs anywhere then u cant be caught.

Edited by bubs79

(note: I posted this in the forum for Fair Play in the NA area, but the issue is exactly the same)

I feel bad for players that have computers that can only run on minimum settings. I have a close friend that uses Autoaim Indication because he literally cannot lock onto moving (and sometimes stationary) vehicles due to FPS issues. I even tried out his computer and personally struggled to lock onto tanks with vanilla client settings. This problem got worse if I was in a fast vehicle, i.e a Cromwell or a light tank.

Luckily, I have a computer that runs max settings at 110+ fps, so I personally will not feel the impact of this. However, the struggle will once again be real for those who do not have a powerful PC that can render graphics in almost-real-time :(

• Upvote 1

Is there any word on an update from gambit?

If I recall correctly, that had a reload timer in it on the logs.

It would suck to lose that mod: I like the big numbers that flash right in the middle when you get hit :/

(Programmed mind due to too much MMO's :P )

My personal solution: stop playing while the dust settles. This way you do not get banned and do not have to play without your favorite mod. Then check if playing is still fun.

There is only one Mod I am really gonna miss: AutoAim+ coz is was pretty comfortable to use but overall had little impact on outcome.

Reload Timers were fun but honestly useless for most enemies.

What does the following mean: "Software that enables the automatic use of non-Premium consumables"?

Everything else: Who cares....

10 minutes ago, sorry_my_fault said:

What does the following mean: "Software that enables the automatic use of non-Premium consumables"?

A mod that makes you use a normal Fire Extinguisher automatically, so it operates just like the premium fire extinguisher, for example.

I hope they add the autoaim ++ into the game ,  yeh it auto locks but  as the in game auto lock does not guarantee penetration, do they know how hard it is to try and lock on to a fast target when in a fast tank bouncing over dunes etc  lol

I can play without it as  it was fun in the convoy mode  not  the auto aim+ didn't work in that mode ,  I got a sneaky feeling they r adding a secret cheat detect software in 9.17  .

ive just read that the xvm damage log  reload timer is legal , until 9.17

Hello, XVM here.

I want to say that Ph3lan in post #469 is slightly inaccurate.

First of all, XVM is not a modpack. XVM is a large complex modification which is composed of the components. Saying "XVM is a modpack" is not quite true.

Secondly, we have contacted Wargaming Minsk office, and learned that the ban of "indication of reloading in damage panel" takes effect only with patch 9.17. So, use of XVM is completely legal before patch 9.17.

Edited by bubs79