WarGamings Fair Play Policy

Ban illegal/cheating game-modifications (MODs)  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hello Aslain XVM Mod Pack Users,

today I read the Wargamings Fair Play Policy they posted on their website today. See here for their post.

Using certain mods might result in a permanent ban (if you are still using them after a 7 day ban).

Mods that do provide a gameplay advantage, one that we think is bad overall for the game. These are classified as a cheat and are illegal going forward.

Listed below are modifications that fall into this third category. Players that are found using them will receive a penalty.

- Mods that reveal the position of enemies in a way not included in the vanilla client, by marking objects destroyed on the map and minimap in real-time, by altering the display of shell flight tracers or calculating the position of enemy SPGs with tracers and marking them, as well as those that keep spotted vehicles displayed, even when you aren’t aiming at them

- Software that makes it easier to block an enemy’s shell by indicating their exact aiming point, for example, with a laser beam

- Modifications that alert you when spotted vehicles are reloading or show enemy vehicles’ reloading timers

- Auto-aim or so-called “aimbots” that provide more functionality than the “aim lock” in the vanilla client, specifically including those that aim at the enemy's weak spots and/or lead the aim automatically so that a cheater can focus on maneuvering their tank

- Software that enables the automatic use of non-Premium consumables

- Mods that aid in finding enemies by letting you adjust the transparency of objects on the map

- Software that leaves “ghosts” of enemy vehicles on the battlefield, placed where they were last detected

- Mods that actually alter the physical properties, performance characteristics, or effects of any vehicle or object in the game, or subvert the game rules

•  

Most of these I would also consider as providing a gameplay advantage, but there are a few I doubt whether some mods fall within the description as listed above.

1. How about the autoaim bot in the current Aslains Mod Pack 9.16 #35 :  AutoAim Indication+  0.9.16 ? It provides an aim-lock like in the vanilla client, although it is easier to activate (you do not need to exactly light-up the target). Is this considered as more functionality ? It does not target weak spots, it does not lead the aim automatically.
  2. XVM makes it possible to mark destroyed tanks on the minimap. A tank is not to be considered an object ? Are they referring to, in my belief  illegal mods that show on the minimap where fences and trees are destroyed and thus reveiling anemy positions ?
  3. How about mods showing enemy vehicles’ reloading timers ? This is something you normally (can) do yourself already. And the timers are only indicative and surely not exact since they do not take crewskills and equipment into consideration (or do they ?).

I am curious how all of you think about this or what your interpretations of the above mentioned list are.

Thank you in advance for your insights and thoughts on this matter.

Meanwhile GL&HF on the battlefield.

Edited by BattleHook

Autoaim Indication+ was clarified on page 11, and it's not allowed.

Specifically, the snapping part. And the mod author already removed that function from the mod.

(The WG guy said that you aren't allowed to activate the vanilla auto-aim without highlighting the enemy tank)

The quote from the WG guy: "As for autoaim, our "forbidden" list includes mods that allow players to enable built-in auto-aim/target lock without having the enemy tank highlighted by the crosshair."

Reload timers are mentioned in the list you posted, and not allowed.

Seeing where a tank died on the minimap, is a function in the vanilla game too.

Edited by Quaksen
  • Upvote 1

I don't care about any other MODs but wish they would implement AA+ in their game.

I like to play light tanks and it is very difficult to play them without AA+.  I'm actually quitting WOT until AA+ in implemented, which probably means I'm done with WOT.

Sucks because I invested lots of time and money in this game but oh well C'est la vie.

Yup the sanppy version off autoaim made life easier.

I voted Other, WG ain't ready to ban the people who use mods, i reported a account that used a aimbot and they just said they can't tell.

Another question, those colored arrows like purple red,. for vehicles that can see you is that illegal? I can't tell if it's in the installer because I don't know the name

I am going to get shot down in flames but I am 53 old responses are not too quick and old slow pc - so auto aim + was really useful to get my reticle round quicker on target

Is there any way round to have have this mod in addition to having aslains latest mods

It is really the only must have mod I need all the other ones are nice

Game has been moving along just fine without all these supposed "fair play changes"..its just something else that wont really improve the game, but makes it look like they care enough to do something.

The snap autoaim change was the last straw for me. Been a fun ride, they made plenty from me.

Shame that money couldn't have been spent on balancing RNG

23 hours ago, castamir said:

I am going to get shot down in flames but I am 53 old responses are not too quick and old slow pc - so auto aim + was really useful to get my reticle round quicker on target

Is there any way round to have have this mod in addition to having aslains latest mods

It is really the only must have mod I need all the other ones are nice

Castamir, I feel your pain. I'm "only" 47, but the snap-to-target is my saving grace in my lights, or really in any tank where you're facing more than one enemy at a time. Let's you quickly alternate your fire if need be! I'll never be a unicum...don't care to be because I have real-world responsibilities that are slightly more important than pushing pixels...but feeling effective on the field is good for anybody at any skill. I guess WG doesn't need the hundreds of $$$ I've sent their way. Let the rich teens and college students fund them.

Have they ever considered that just like with snap-to, your real life vision works peripherally? If I glance a real life enemy out of the corner of my eye, I can physically lock on in real life. I don't have to point my eyes straight at a real target in order to do that. Shouldn't have to in a game either.

It would help if they'd just enlarge the target registration area...like a few meters beyond the silhouette in all directions.

Edited by Tinkicker

The worst part overall - is that they forbid something like the snap-to-target, which doesn't provide a huge advantage (you're aiming at the center of the enemy tank using it.. some tanks you'll hit tracks or spaced armor, and if you are peeking from a building, he'll hit you before you can shoot too..)

And then they go ahead and allow the "enemy view direction on minimap" - letting you see where every single enemy, inside the draw distance, is looking towards... which tells you where he's aiming.... eh, it's Wargaming we're talking about.. something aint right on the top floor. :P

1 minute ago, Quaksen said:

The worst part overall - is that they forbid something like the snap-to-target, which doesn't provide a huge advantage (you're aiming at the center of the enemy tank using it.. some tanks you'll hit tracks or spaced armor, and if you are peeking from a building, he'll hit you before you can shoot too..)

And then they go ahead and allow the "enemy view direction on minimap" - letting you see where every single enemy, inside the draw distance, is looking towards... which tells you where he's aiming.... eh, it's Wargaming we're talking about.. something aint right on the top floor. :P

Agreed, but you know how it is when doing the circle of death at top speed...center mass is awesome when flanking. :) And it can be good head-on with KV's too...