Fair Play on NA

Great news for most of us, but a question, The "Auto aim indicator +" is questionable if illegal.  Quote from WoT home page  "Auto-aim, or “aimbots” that provide more functionality than the “aim lock” in the vanilla client, specifically those that aim at the enemy's weak spots or automatically lead the aim so the offending player can focus on maneuvering their tank" says to help aim at weak spots and lead, the one on Aslain's mod does neither, so is it illegal?

It's not questionable. It's posted as:

The quote from the WG guy: "As for autoaim, our "forbidden" list includes mods that allow players to enable built-in auto-aim/target lock without having the enemy tank highlighted by the crosshair."

The mod author of Autoaim Indication+ already changed his mod, and removed the forbidden part.

And you can be damn sure that quote goes for NA too, since the Fair Play news was posted on all servers (NA, EU, RU, ASIA)

• Upvote 1

he

17 minutes ago, Quaksen said:

The quote from the WG guy: "As for autoaim, our "forbidden" list includes mods that allow players to enable built-in auto-aim/target lock without having the enemy tank highlighted by the crosshair."

The mod author of Autoaim Indication+ already changed his mod, and removed the forbidden part.

And you can be damn sure that quote goes for NA too, since the Fair Play news was posted on all servers (NA, EU, RU, ASIA)

he will probably have to change the name of the mod now too ,  changing the  core of the mod  wont make a difference to wg , 

if u have the mod installed and the core part of it is disabled (autoaim snapping)  u will still get banned  as they will say we cant determine if the  core is enabled or not

Edited by bubs79

He did change the name of the mod. Sorta. It'll still be known as Autoaim Indication ;)

It used to be:

Autoaim Indication+Snapping+Addins

Now it's:

Autoaim Indication+Addins

The Indication part is showing on screen, what target you locked your autoaim on. :)

24 minutes ago, Quaksen said:

He did change the name of the mod. Sorta. It'll still be known as Autoaim Indication ;)

It used to be:

Autoaim Indication+Snapping+Addins

Now it's:

Autoaim Indication+Addins

The Indication part is showing on screen, what target you locked your autoaim on. :)

So is it illegal?

I feel bad for players that have computers that can only run on minimum settings. I have a close friend that uses Autoaim Indication because he literally cannot lock onto moving (and sometimes stationary) vehicles due to FPS issues. I even tried out his computer and personally struggled to lock onto tanks with vanilla client settings. This problem got worse if I was in a fast vehicle, i.e a Cromwell or a light tank.

Luckily, I have a computer that runs max settings at 110+ fps, so I personally will not feel the impact of this. However, the struggle will once again be real for those who do not have a powerful PC that can render graphics in almost-real-time :(

7 hours ago, Quaksen said:

Where is this quote from?

Link?

Edited by TheSteelGeneral
11 hours ago, tennmack said:

So is it illegal?

Autoaim Indication+Addins is not illegal.

Autoaim Indication+Snapping+Addins is illegal (Due to the snapping, which lets you enable built-in auto-aim without having the enemy tank highlighted)

The mod author already removed the snapping part of the mod. As soon as WG clarified that it was an illegal feature.

I honestly don't see how snapping give you such an advantage that it warrants banning...

Auto-aim centres on central mass, so its no good in pokes nor does it help that much when targets are on the move as you generally miss anyway.

It helps when the highlighting isn't working well [For whatever reason].

Btw the NA and EU thread should be merged into one and renamed Global Fair Play Policy.

Edited by DreadAngel
  • Upvote 1

"I honestly don't see how snapping give you such an advantage that it warrants banning... "

I think they miss-worded it. I believe they will clarify later, as snapping a target does not give you an advantage. All it does is enable vanilla auto-aim alot better.

5 minutes ago, type said:

"I honestly don't see how snapping give you such an advantage that it warrants banning... "

I think they miss-worded it. I believe they will clarify later, as snapping a target does not give you an advantage. All it does is enable vanilla auto-aim alot better.

they worded it differently  at the start saying aimbots that lock onto weakspots and modules and leading aims were forbidden,   people pushed and pushed about the autoaim ++ sanpping feature , and wg  responded with the wording  changed, meaning that any aiming mod that targets a tank without it being highlighted is forbididden

Edited by bubs79
  • Upvote 1
On 11/11/2016 at 2:16 AM, type said:

On 11/11/2016 at 2:21 AM, bubs79 said:

they worded it differently  at the start saying aimbots that lock onto weakspots and modules and leading aims were forbidden,   people pushed and pushed about the autoaim ++ sanpping feature , and wg  responded with the wording  changed, meaning that any aiming mod that targets a tank without it being highlighted is forbididden

Yeah the vanilla AA is ****...

The game is just getting worse in my opinion. The gameplay was bad before the change, now i fear with mods dropping such helpful things it will be far worse. In the past couple days there have been massive camping and lemmy trains going on. I am sad to see the zoom out , reload timer , and auto-lock without pointing at target. My main reason for using the mod was for those features. The reload timer i can do without, but was really nice when say outnumbered and every shot and bounce counts. Get teamed up on by multiple targets it was nice to be able (not saying it worked everytime) to zoom out and try and time angling your tank to bounce the shot once they reloaded.  Im my cromwellB I was attacked by 2 and was able to bounce 2 shots from each tank by knowing when they reloaded just wiggling and angling. 2nd the zoom out is unfair at the 500 and 300 range if you had a 200-250 that would be perfect. I feel you need just maybe 2-3 clicks more past what the max default zoom out is. the auto lock was the best out of them all though. super helpful when surprised from behind or for people like me who have the hardest time seeing that stupid faint red outline of a vechicle when pointed at by the time i realize i am on the target they have moved ( for moving tanks not so bad when in cover but even poking, the auto lock is almost completely useless now. 

Just now, coosmac said:

Is there a new mod that highlights the tank nearest to your reticle? :blush:  There were few mention on WOT forum 

Define highlights the tank nearest to your reticle.

Because if you mean the red outline around the tank, when you aim on it - it's forbidden to have that outline shown without aiming at a target. :)

12 minutes ago, Quaksen said:

Define highlights the tank nearest to your reticle.

Because if you mean the red outline around the tank, when you aim on it - it's forbidden to have that outline shown without aiming at a target. :)

well...actually that is not what they say :D...it is illegal to lock onto a target that isn't highlighted. :wub:

Question: The ability to lock onto a target that isn’t highlighted, is that illegal?

Answer: This is now considered a cheat.

Edited by coosmac

Mods that reveal the position of enemies in a way not included in the vanilla client, by marking objects destroyed on the map and minimap in real-time, by altering the display of shell flight tracers or calculating the position of enemy SPGs with tracers and marking them, as well as those that keep spotted vehicles displayed, even when you aren’t aiming at them

I'd say it's part of that... :)

Edited by Quaksen