I'm missing the auto aim snap to.

Tinkicker

With Fair Play I understand that in my circling tanks (Cromwell, etc) I've got to get used to operating with the vanilla Auto Aim...that's no big deal really anyway...IF I lock on before I get to top speed, bouncing all over the place. I miss how the vanilla version doesn't snap onto a target you're pointing in the vicinity of. I don't care about locking on behind rocks or targeting modules or any of the other cheater stuff, but when you're flying toward a tank, trying to hold the reticle on target precisely enough to click auto aim can sometimes be crazy. And I'm too impulsive sometimes to remember to do it before I start my sprint and become visible...

I like snap to for another reason. Sometimes you've got two targets really close together, and if you swing wide to the side that your chosen target is on, snap to has enough differentiation between the two targets to pick the correct one. Helps when you misjudged distance and auto aimed on a farther target than you wanted.

Thanks for reading.

Yeah, the snap feature of that mod was said to be forbidden, by a WG Staff member in the EU thread.

They really should have it in the game though... it improves the game quality for a lot of people (low FPS people, for example)

Oh well.

I agree, it should be in the game as a standard/vanilla feature - though I understand how it's an unfair advantage when it's a mod - I've used it a LOT and I know I've gotten damage/kills as a result of using it (eg lock on and fire, rather than taking time to aim) and it's not all powerful - (I've killed plenty of rocks/trees/buildings using it) but when you're in arty and trying to line up a shotgun attempt, it sure is a help, same goes for getting the gun near the target when dueling with another light/fast medium.

You know, if they'd just enlarge the clickable silhouette of the target to allow for less-precise activation of the auto-aim that would be okay too. Sometimes I have to really stop and click-click-click to get it to take because it has to be right on top of a faraway tank (forgot to zoom in those times). Too many fiddly details!

Saw where Aslain had added Autoaim+ back in without the snap-to. Guess my mod pack will be lighter because snap-to was the only actual reason I had it lol.

I havent played WOT since they deemed the snap-shot of auto aim + illegal...Ive used that mod since i started playing WOT and thats over 40,000 battles..i know (get a life). The only part of it that SHOULD be illegal is locking on targets behind rocks, building or hills...The vanilla aiming system for WOT SUCKS..You have to be TOO precise...i have to tried to lock onto target 3, 4, 5 times before it actually locks and by that time i am already dead..Like meantioned above, they should widen the clickable sillhouette of the target...

I guess I could get used to playing without the snap-shot mod but i'm not sure if its even worth it.It'd almost be like starting all over..Might be a good time to quit all together...Thanks Wargaming...You ruined my WOT gameplaying experience...

Thanks Aslain for ALL your work

• Upvote 1