Attention: from 24th July to 10th August I will be in a very weak internet zone. It's unlikely that I'll release any updates in that time, I probably cannot provide any support either. Unless I find a strong signal on some mountain top. / Uwaga: od 24 Sierpnia do 10 lipca będę w strefie gdzie jest zbyt słaby internet żeby wypuszczać aktualizacje paczek. W tym czasie wsparcie z mojej strony będzie ograniczone. Przy odrobinie szczęścia może uda mi się znaleźć mocny sygnał, wtedy jest szansa na coś, ale nie obiecuję.

KAsual

[0.6.8] Historical: Admiral Hipper, Prinz Eugen, Bismarck and Tirpitz

28 posts in this topic

I've created a mod that replicates the historical appearance of 3 German ships without censorship, namely Admiral Hipper, Prinz Eugen and Bismarck. The 1941 Admiral Hipper has a swastika on the bow and yellow turrets; Prinz Eugen red turrets and anti-air identification livery on both the bow and the stern of the ship; the same goes for Bismarck. 

If you like this mod, feel free to drop by at  9mm1n on the SEA(Asia) server

Preview pictures of the modLUOwxvD.jpg

Download link for the mod(0.6.6)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BynOJQFWGUWCVW9QTXV2VjdlWWs/view?usp=sharing

(Legacy versions)

0.6.6 https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BynOJQFWGUWCUnVpeWNETGJkXzg

0.6.5 https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BynOJQFWGUWCUHRqa0ExaEtUdFk

0.6.4https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BynOJQFWGUWCUnNDSHJabVpfUEU/view?usp=sharing

0.6.2https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BynOJQFWGUWCWUp0LWphWEkwM3M

0.6.0https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BynOJQFWGUWCYnpSeG9oclNmdzQ

0.5.16 https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BynOJQFWGUWCUGpYd3NEMDRiZFU

0.5.15 https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BynOJQFWGUWCblJlWXdNTXhQMVk

0.5.14.1 https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BynOJQFWGUWCaTEzbTVkV0FROHM 

Edited by KAsual

I have it on the list, will be added with next opportunity I guess.

Please let me understand this mod better. What it exactly does? I watched pics and all but I don't own this ships, don't know what camo it had or should had. 

Enlight me. I don't know how to name this mod.

Opps. Sorry for the late reply, I wasn't sticking around on the board and only checked the forum posts today.

As for your questions

What it exactly does? I watched pics and all but I don't own this ships, don't know what camo it had or should had. 

It changes the appearances of German Cruisers Admiral Hipper, Prinz Eugen and German Battleship Bismarck to their Historical appearances according to informations found on www.admiral-hipper-class.dk. This mod aims to restore various elements and details that are not made possible by Wargaming out of legal, cultural or any other such possible reasons. Technically, the mod modifies the appearance of Ship Admiral Hipper, Prinz Eugen and Bismarck to a more accurate presentation by modifying the camouflage.xml file and various texture files including main turret files and hull.dds files. 

Specifically,

Admiral Hipper: an Swastika has been added to the bow of Admiral Hipper, yellow-top turrets replace the grey turrets and its year 1942 camouflages 

Prinz Eugen: Anti-air identification marks added to her deck, red-top turrets replaces the grey turrets, changes on the camouflage files were need to make the red turrets possible  

Bismarck: Anti-air identification marks added to her deck

The above should summarize what's inside the Mod 

As for the name, I actually haven't decided yet. Maybe Wehraboo's Collection or Historical Accuracy Mod on German Ships or isOfHistoricalAccuracyMod should work. Just pick the one you like. ;^)

--------------------------

By the way, Aslain, 

Suppose the Mod is included in the Aslain Modpack, how do I provide updates for the Modpack when I have additional materials to be updated or has to be maintained (for example, due to updates on the main client)? Do I start a new thread in the request section, or do I continue posting updates in this particular thread? Please let me know.

KASUAL 

Edited by KAsual

For future updates I can make this topic sticky on my forums, in the Fan Zone section and you can update it here. By sending new version to the topic.

I suppose a preview picture is also needed for the installer? I've just made one with vertical propotions. 

1YwHSjX.jpg

That preview in the installer is supporting 1280x720 max, but I prefer 500x500 since it's not shrined/scaled down and looks better. Up on you :)

If you want a text for description you may include it as well. Something short and to the point I guess.

Also sometimes it's good to show a ship from before mod and after modding on a pic, for better understanding.

I think 1280*720 will do

Also here's the relevant picture

D0Ati6L.jpg

This one is 720x1280 and it may cause problems, I need to test how it fits.

As 0515 just dropped, I've updated the ModPack with an updated camouflage.xml file for 0.5.15.0 and with Scharnhorst's Baltic Camouflage. The updated pack is available with this link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BynOJQFWGUWCblJlWXdNTXhQMVk

Summary

Updated camouflage.xml to version 0.5.15 for compatibility

Added Mod for Scharnhorst with Baltic Camouflage, Red Turrets and deck livery

Preview images

nwQlNsI.jpg

Also, as for the preview picture for the ModPack installer, I've made a 1280*720 image for this particular update

vCBVQtx.jpg

Edited by KAsual

Right, I've made an update for the mod since 0.5.16 has came

the update can be downloaded here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BynOJQFWGUWCUGpYd3NEMDRiZFU/view

summary:

Scharnhorst removed because it'll break Graf Spee

Tirpitz Added with a flag at her stern and Red Guns

@Aslain Please also update the preview image as well

ajqX6fQ.jpg

Edited by KAsual

3 hours ago, KAsual said:

Right, I've made an update for the mod since 0.5.17 has came

I think you mean 0.5.16 :P

Please if possible please add current supported version to topic title in brackets.

ps. I edited it for you at this time.

3 hours ago, Quaksen said:

I think you mean 0.5.16 :P

Silly me

3 hours ago, Aslain said:

Please if possible please add current supported version to topic title in brackets.

ps. I edited it for you at this time.

Sorry Iwasn't aware of this, I will do so when the next patch comes

guys, let me say something about the usage of that nazi symbol (Hakenkreuz) on the decks of the ships.

it is surely forbidden to use this symbols in any context in Germany by law (even if you only want to provide the ships in a game with their respective historical look). Dont know about other countries, but i guess in some it would be pretty similar. i know that only the user of the mod would see it on screen and not wargame or any other ingame user.

But nevertheless you might want to rethink, if you can drop this symbol out of the mod.

just my 5 cents on that matter.

6 hours ago, Supermadmax2 said:

guys, let me say something about the usage of that nazi symbol (Hakenkreuz) on the decks of the ships.

it is surely forbidden to use this symbols in any context in Germany by law (even if you only want to provide the ships in a game with their respective historical look). Dont know about other countries, but i guess in some it would be pretty similar. i know that only the user of the mod would see it on screen and not wargame or any other ingame user.

But nevertheless you might want to rethink, if you can drop this symbol out of the mod.

just my 5 cents on that matter.

Germany has very strict laws, for example that green blood in a games etc... I would not use mods that contains forbidden symbols if I play from Germany, the decision is yours.

For example it's allowed in Poland, if you use it only for historical/educational reasons, and I checked it with a lawyer here.

From English readme of the modpack:

The usage of certain symbols in some modifications that were used by totalitarian political systems - according to the author's intention - are used for educational purposes only in relation to the reconstruction of historical realism.  If you object to the usage of such symbols then do not install the mod.

21 minutes ago, Aslain said:

Germany has very strict laws, for example that green blood in a games etc... I would not use mods that contains forbidden symbols if I play from Germany, the decision is yours.

For example it's allowed in Poland, if you use it only for historical/educational reasons, and I checked it with a lawyer here.

From English readme of the modpack:

The usage of certain symbols in some modifications that were used by totalitarian political systems - according to the author's intention - are used for educational purposes only in relation to the reconstruction of historical realism.  If you object to the usage of such symbols then do not install the mod.

all ok what you say. but not everyone will maybe use it only in the way that you intended. just saying...

Update 0.6.1.

Change log

Updated camouflages.xml file corresponding to 0.6.1

Optimized camouflage implementation on the turrets of Prinz Eugen and Admiral Hipper: camouflage patterns now works on the side armour of the turrets

Enforcing the Type 1 camouflage of Bismarck with the appearance of the Atlantic camouflage (Premium Camo) so everyone can sail around with that majestic stripes  

the update can be downloaded here: 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BynOJQFWGUWCWUp0LWphWEkwM3M

///////////////////////

Sorry for the late update, it has been a busy time recently.

On a sidenote, WG seems to have disabled camouflage preview on Premium ships. Previously in 0.6.0 and before, if you click on any Premium ship that you don't own, you can see their appearance with their default(premium) camouflages on. However, they seems to have change that in 0.6.1 that you can't preview that anymore. Does anyone know if it's a bug or something? It could potentially hinder implementation of new camouflage style in the future.

Edited by KAsual

Update 0.6.4.0

Change log

Updated camouflages.xml file corresponding to 0.6.4.0 to render French Cruisers' camouflages

Improvement on various details such as Bismarck turrets

the update can be downloaded here: 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BynOJQFWGUWCUnNDSHJabVpfUEU/view?usp=sharing

Also: I would like to know if the following can be included in future version(s) of the modpack.

Hi, can you look at this " the Bismarck/Tirpitz skins are affecting the Victory Salute camo & the Team Fire camo, they will not load on ships they are mounted to. Doesn't matter the ship either as in not just the Bis/Tirp."

Quick question: Is the Hipper's turrets supposed to be green-ish instead of yellow?

On 5/8/2017 at 5:16 PM, Aslain said:

Hi, can you look at this " the Bismarck/Tirpitz skins are affecting the Victory Salute camo & the Team Fire camo, they will not load on ships they are mounted to. Doesn't matter the ship either as in not just the Bis/Tirp."

Sorry for tnot responding succinctly, I had some IRL things going on for the past few days. 

I looked into the issue and it seems to have something to do with the 0.6.4.1 update and a regional version de-sync. New contents, namely the VE day camou, were updated in that patch and I couldn't update the in time. The xml files has now been accessed by me and the problem should be resolved by the next update of this mod.

On 5/9/2017 at 5:47 PM, Lymark said:

Quick question: Is the Hipper's turrets supposed to be green-ish instead of yellow?

Historically, Admiral Hipper's turrets tops was painted yellow in her 1942 configuration, which this mod bases off. Hipper's model was one of the first ships that's modded in this modpack. Back when I first modded the turrets, the effects of camera lighting on in-game rendering wasn't fully understood, which in turn caused some mistakes in fine-tuning the colour in the mod files. I've since been enhancing the related files. Changes should be seen by the next patch update.    

I'll resolve said issues by version 0.6.5 with new contents.

Posted (edited)

Sorry for the wait, new addition and mofification of existing materials proved too complex for fast release.

Anyway, here is the update:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BynOJQFWGUWCUHRqa0ExaEtUdFk

Update 0.6.5.0

Change log

Updated camouflages.xml file corresponding to 0.6.5.0 to render the latest camouflages

Improvement on Admiral Hipper's Turret. The Yellow top is readjusted to a more accurate colour

Improvement on Prinz Eugen's Turret. Turret details such as better paint coverage and name on each turret

Addition of Bismarck's Hood campaign skin

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

BTW, with the numerous changes over the time since the initial release, the preview of the mod in the installer need to be updated to provide a .

I've included the pic here. Please update the preview pic as well, thanks.

LUOwxvD.jpg

Edited by KAsual

Posted (edited)

Update 0.6.6.0

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BynOJQFWGUWCUnVpeWNETGJkXzg

Change log

Updated camouflages.xml file corresponding to 0.6.6.0 to render the latest camouflages

Improved fine details on various files

Added hull files for the  "destroyed Bismarck" from the Bismarck Mission, the iron cross on the deck has been replaced with the swastika. Also: the fix for "weathered Bismarck" was added in 0.6.5 but I forgot to mention that in the previous release notes

Edited by KAsual