ModPack_Installer_v.5.14.0_02 installs 1.7 GB on to res_mods [RESOLVED]

I've had the problem since .5.14.0 (I've tried version #1 and #2), no problems prior to .5.14.0

I'm trying to install the following mods:

Ship Contour Icons by DeceasedDaisy

Crosshairs - crosshairs by Mebius_LW - Dolphin 4 Type 2

Over Target Markers - version by BADoBEST - BADoBEST: HP + nick

Chat - Improved Chat

Sound mods - Torpedo Warning Voice - torpedo warning: It's a Trap (by MajorRenegade)

Various mods - Running Lights & Enable ability to record battle replays

The install takes ages (insanely long at least over 15 min)
After the install my res_mods/0.5.14.0 folder is 1,76 GB

The game starts up really slowly (to login),

port loads really slowly after login,

changing ships takes a long time (for the ship model to load) and loading into matches takes so long that the timer is at about 15:00 (so I'm missing 5 minutes from the start)

I did a fresh re-install of the whole game and it seemed to run ok but the problems returned when I re-installed the mods.

Only the mods I have selected are active as far I can see but looking at the installer "Extracting files..." it is definitely extracting files that are part of mods that I did not select.

I have tried to run the installer as admin but no help.

My Specs:

i7 - 2600K @ 4GHz (OC from 3,6 GHz)

16 GB RAM

GTX 1060 6GB

Edited by LokHar

I added installer to exceptions in both Windows Defender and Antivirus (Avast), same outcome (res_mods is 1,76 GB).

I checked "Clean Install" but the installer froze when I had "Remove the contents of DLC cache" checked so I had it run without it checked, there was no selection for "Reset the game settings and clean up the cache" (is this for WoT only?)

Logs in attachments but the only python.log I found was in "World of Warships/profiles"

_Aslain_logs.zip

python.log

Aslains signature only has the WoT link, mine has the other one as well - but there's not much difference. You did what you needed to do, so Aslain can have a look into things :)

At a glance, it looks like:

--------------------------[ Sound mods [DLC] ]--------------------------------------
         Torpedo Warning Voice
            torpedo warning: It's a Trap (by MajorRenegade)
is making every single sound in WoWs be copied/moved to res_mods as well, which could explain why your res_mods is so big.

res_mods/0.5.14.0 now 11,6 MB but game still loads slowly as described before (slow to login, to port from login, between ships in port and 5 min late to a match) also when I got into a match the UI loaded but the screen was otherwise black for about 10-15 sec after that no problems (had a great game too, even tho I was 5 min late)

_Aslain_logs.zip

EDIT:also running check disk to make sure it's not a problem with my HDD but as the game worked fine without the mods I'm doubtful.

Edited by LokHar

Load times to login, from login to port and between ships in port are ok in safe mode but the load time to get into a match is still unacceptable (~3min so I get in when the match timer is about 17:00-16:30).

Since the problem persists at least somewhat even in safe mode (although activating mods does make it worse)  I have to assume it's a problem with my PC. 

Thank you again for all your hard work.

As far as I'm concerned this thread is now "resolved".

• Upvote 1