Milkym4n tank skin downloads

Is there a way I can avoid having to re-download Milky's tanks skins with each mod pack update?  If I select his skins in the installer I'll get the check box at the end to run the installer that lets me pick which skins to install. But problem is I then have to go through the long process of re-downloading all the skins and having to hit the retry button over and over to get through it even though all the files are already there in the Mods folder. If I don't select the skins in the installer then they don't work even though the files are there in the World of Tanks folder.     

.skinsproblem.png

P.S. I can't find Aslains Logs it seems to disappear with each update?

python.log

_Aslains_Installer.log

_Aslains_Installer_CompList.log

_Aslains_Installer_Extractor.log

3 hours ago, Quaksen said:

"Remove the contents of DLC cache (Aslains_DLC_cache folder)"

You're using that - which is probably why you re-download it? :)

I've done that and even checked both boxes and still it goes through the whole thing.

Oh wait I see what you're saying, LOL!  Yes I did check both boxes to remove and see what you're saying so checking those boxes is WHY I'm having this issue.  I'll leave them unchecked next time. But it'll take 2 updates to see if it worked, one to install the skins and the next to see if it works. I bet it's something simple like that! Thanks and I'll let you know how it worked.

Edited by ryuuto
grammer lol

Hehehe... yeah.

If you have a checkmark next to "Remove the contents of DLC cache" it'll re-download all DLC you selected, to make sure you have the newest. Generally you don't need to do that, unless the DLC mods your selected, have been updated :)

So be sure to REMOVE the checkmark, and see what happens :)

It should be that :D We'll find out when you've updated a couple of times in the future :)

5 minutes ago, bubs79 said:

could u not just open the zipfile and put the folder into custom mods folder meaning it will be there  all the time?

Would cause issues when the mod is updated. And if the folder is placed outside of res_mods, then custom mods folder won't help, I think... not sure. :)

11 hours ago, Quaksen said:

Would cause issues when the mod is updated. And if the folder is placed outside of res_mods, then custom mods folder won't help, I think... not sure. :)

how many times is  it updated though?   I do it with the hitzones . I do it with  any of the big files  .  saves time especially if u have to do the dlc clean to install updates on other mods, then having to redownload the big files again ,

but I don't understand why his   folder "mods" is in the  wot folder , shud that not be in the 0.916 folder

1 hour ago, bubs79 said:

how many times is  it updated though?   I do it with the hitzones . I do it with  any of the big files  .  saves time especially if u have to do the dlc clean to install updates on other mods, then having to redownload the big files again ,

but I don't understand why his   folder "mods" is in the  wot folder , shud that not be in the 0.916 folder

Because the skin pack, after installation, lets you pick which ones you want from the pack, instead of just installing all the skins from it. :)

40 minutes ago, Quaksen said:

Because the skin pack, after installation, lets you pick which ones you want from the pack, instead of just installing all the skins from it. :)

ah ok I see  , I thought u cud select the skins   in-game  , 

Edited by bubs79
  • Administrator
40 minutes ago, bubs79 said:

ah ok I see  , I thought u cud select the skins   in-game  , 

Maybe, I say maybe, when I have time I can create own installer for Milky's skins, not that JGSME, but normal installer with preview for each tank, it will be separate download via main installer.

1 minute ago, Aslain said:

Maybe, I say maybe, when I have time I can create own installer for Milky's skins, not that JGSME, but normal installer with preview for each tank, it will be separate download via main installer.

oh that would be awesome .   I was going to download milkys skins , but then looked at the size of  the file  and tbh  it takes an hour to download  because of my speed, so havingto redownload it everytime an update came out , id end up throwing my laptop out the window. but having a separate installer wud  be great

• Administrator
Just now, bubs79 said:

oh that would be awesome .   I was going to download milkys skins , but then looked at the size of  the file  and tbh  it takes an hour to download  because of my speed, so havingto redownload it everytime an update came out , id end up throwing my laptop out the window. but having a separate installer wud  be great

It will have very small size, but will allow to download separate skins yes.

1 minute ago, Aslain said:

oh thanks  so much only do it if u have time   no rush , but would be a nice addition ,   going to donate next week as u have done a lot for me over last few months . (this is not a bribe)

6 hours ago, Aslain said:

aslain, could u make instal this mods skin automatically (if a player select the option in your mod pack) ?? not must instal with jsGme.exe (remove JSGMe.exe)?? :) 

ive downloaded the  skins through the index page .

I have a folder  containing mods and JSGME.exe  ,

I'm not sure how to put it all together can some one point me in the way to do it?

scrap that ive found a solution , after download I looked through the folders , and I have put  the skins into my res_mods  and works fine I'm just going to tst if it works with the custom folder   . so I don't have to  put them back in everytime there is an ipdate to mod pack

Edited by bubs79

Okay here are the results!!  First try I installed mod #50 and left Milky's skins UN-checked and also did a clean install with both cache boxes UN-checked.... The skins didn't work so.  Second try mod #50 and I CHECKED Milky's skins and did clean install with both cache boxes UN-checked....  The skins worked! I'm pretty sure it didn't go and download the skins again because the installer worked quick this time without me hitting the retry button once. Oh also by the way on the second try the JGME.exe installer worked at the end.