A few things are not working properly

Hello,

I've found a few mods/features that are not  working:

- direction hitbox: 2 issues: first it's so transparent it's barely noticable, second it's ignoring the stay-for-10-seconds option, and disappears within 2-3 seconds

- Direction boxes: they are just don't appear since #45

- 6th sense sounds: I've turned on beeping for 10 seconds, however they don't do that.

Could you please take a look at these?

Thank you

_Aslain_logs.zip

python.log

I didn't update, because I haven't seen any relevant changes in the changelog since. I will update the installation, the check the features, and update this topic with the results.

Also, I don't like updating often, because it sometimes takes like 30 minutes, and 25 out of that is the installer to start, lots of UAC control popups, and such things.

1 hour ago, czg said:

I didn't update, because I haven't seen any relevant changes in the changelog since. I will update the installation, the check the features, and update this topic with the results.

Also, I don't like updating often, because it sometimes takes like 30 minutes, and 25 out of that is the installer to start, lots of UAC control popups, and such things.

if u have windows defender on , turn it off whilst  doing the installer etc

Good advice bubs.  I believe that Windows Defender is one of the biggest culprits with many problems associated with installing the ModPack, along with Google Chrome.  I don't use either and I do not have anywhere close to 30 minutes of wait time to install the modpack.  My total time before upgrading to an SSD was maybe 3 or 4 minutes and now with an SSD it is probably less than 1 minute.  Of course that is not counting my time spent making my choices. 

6 minutes ago, Darth_Clicker said:

Good advice bubs.  I believe that Windows Defender is one of the biggest culprits with many problems associated with installing the ModPack, along with Google Chrome.  I don't use either and I do not have anywhere close to 30 minutes of wait time to install the modpack.  My total time before upgrading to an SSD was maybe 3 or 4 minutes and now with an SSD it is probably less than 1 minute.  Of course that is not counting my time spent making my choices. 

I think its mainly windows 10s windows defender , ive heard so many people complain about w10  that it hogs internet when playing games  does auto downloads which u cant stop unless u kill the process . windows defender for some reason  starts auto maintenance scans  for no reason , which ultimately  slows the process for  aslains installer

• Upvote 1

I use Windows 10 and find it better than both 7, 8, and 8.1.  This game has higher fps than I had with Windows 7.  I never had 8 or 8.1 on this pc and never play on my laptop that had 8/8.1.  I never notice any maintenance scans or updates happening when I am playing.  They happen, but are in the background and I never notice them until I go to shutdown and I see that it updated.

So, the hit direction arrows are still barely visible, I have to pay special attention to even notice them, they are so transparent, and gone within 2-3 seconds. They should stay up for like 6-7 seconds, then start to fade away.

Other things I've noticed:

- Unable to ping the minimap on F0,  I use the centered minimaps

- On TS I've got Mouse5 as PTT, and that key pings the minimap if opened, it shouldn't. Also before I've switched to your modpack, it was working properly

On 11/24/2016 at 8:31 AM, Darth_Clicker said:

Whoa whoa whoa back off of chrome lol I use chrome and have absolutely no problems...... the av is the biggest problem with windows, I have used McAfee and never have problems with that and I as a computer repair tech always recommend using anything other than windows defender or Norton

On 11/25/2016 at 1:21 PM, Casstiel said:

@bubs79 all in all it seems that win10 become something like when you pair shit zhu with a buldog...bullshit... lol :):D 

there's no win like win7 ultimate :)

Windows XP was by far the best all around OS but I really like 10 as well with the nice UI and the crisp clean look, now if only there was a way to make a windows 10 XP edition that would be pretty nice lol

34 minutes ago, Davidinlv82 said:

Whoa whoa whoa back off of chrome lol I use chrome and have absolutely no problems...... the av is the biggest problem with windows, I have used McAfee and never have problems with that and I as a computer repair tech always recommend using anything other than windows defender or Norton

Windows XP was by far the best all around OS but I really like 10 as well with the nice UI and the crisp clean look, now if only there was a way to make a windows 10 XP edition that would be pretty nice lol

I have nothing in general against Chrome.  I even use it every time I play WoT to monitor my progress on a second monitor.  But I do prefer polished Stainless steel over chrome for aesthetic reasons.  :devil:

There have been instances in the past where people had issues with downloading the modpack when using Chrome.  I am not sure if it was due to some sort of false positive on malware or a virus from Google, but Google Chrome has been a common denominator among some people in the past.  But, to be fair, using electricity to power the computer is an even more common denominator.

4 hours ago, Darth_Clicker said:

I have nothing in general against Chrome.  I even use it every time I play WoT to monitor my progress on a second monitor.  But I do prefer polished Stainless steel over chrome for aesthetic reasons.  :devil:

There have been instances in the past where people had issues with downloading the modpack when using Chrome.  I am not sure if it was due to some sort of false positive on malware or a virus from Google, but Google Chrome has been a common denominator among some people in the past.  But, to be fair, using electricity to power the computer is an even more common denominator.

I was giving you a hard time..... Hope you got the hint when I said LOL Nice come back with the polished stainless steel lol that was good! Camo makes a better aesthetic for me though lol

On 11/25/2016 at 6:14 PM, czg said:

So, the hit direction arrows are still barely visible, I have to pay special attention to even notice them, they are so transparent, and gone within 2-3 seconds. They should stay up for like 6-7 seconds, then start to fade away.

Other things I've noticed:

- Unable to ping the minimap on F0,  I use the centered minimaps

- On TS I've got Mouse5 as PTT, and that key pings the minimap if opened, it shouldn't. Also before I've switched to your modpack, it was working properly

@Aslain

You must have  missed my reply, could you please comment on it?

• Administrator
On 12/1/2016 at 9:28 PM, czg said:

@Aslain There you go, here are the fresh logs.

_Aslain_logs.zip

python.log

Wrong logs, its from #49. I need latest, which is #55 currently. :( but oh well will check it anyway.

- direction hitbox: 2 issues: first it's so transparent it's barely noticable, second it's ignoring the stay-for-10-seconds option, and disappears within 2-3 seconds

Cannot reproduce this problem, this is how I see it, and it stays for whole 15 secs.

gUGehFo.jpg

- Direction boxes: they are just don't appear since #45

Has become illegal, and was removed from the modpack. 

- 6th sense sounds: I've turned on beeping for 10 seconds, however they don't do that.

Have you enabled custom 6th sense sound in the game settings menu? It's mandatory.

@aslain

Okey, I've also updated to #54, I hope you haven't release a new one to say that's too old again :)

These things are working now

• 6th sense now works, i had no idea it has to be set in the menu, thanks for pointing out
  • Damage direction indicator works
  • Regarding the direction boxes, i already got the message when you pointed out the first time they are illegal now

These still don't work:

• On the minimap, I still can't ping F0
  • Mouse5 still pings the minimap, while it shouldn't do that.

And the logs.

_Aslain_logs.zip

python.log

10 minutes ago, Aslain said:

Latest one is #55 and it is for 5 days now. ;)

Sorry, that was a typo on my part, it was Aslains_WoT_Modpack_Installer_v.9.16_55.exe I've updated with. is that good now? :)

But still, can I do something to provide more info about the F0-ping, and the Mouse5-ping stuff? F0 used to be pingable, while Mouse5 didn't used to ping on the minimap.