Drawing on minimap

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Tinhead_Ausf_B said:

You draw as if you point on the minimap.

Hold CTRL down and then hold down left mouse button and draw on the minimap. For other users, using XMQP, the see what you draw, all others just see the map quadrant flash where you started (or ended, not sure).

It flash at the ending point

On 2016. 12. 15. at 7:53 AM, isiween said:

It flash at the ending point

If you mean the normal map ping as flash than it will ping where you release the mouse button. WoT minimap is programmed to ping on mouse release, so if you draw long enough line (so it won't draw anymore) and then move the mouse out from the minimap you can prevent the map pinging.

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but which of the XMQP notifications are being displayed with Aslain's version of XVM? I have not yet seen any notification about spotted allies, overturned vehicles, or which of my allies has XMQP loaded.

ETA: I have it selected in XVM's settings and installed with the modpack.

_Aslain_logs.zip

Edited by downinflames
Logs
  • 2 weeks later...

I finally figured it out.... I was seeing my lightbulb markers, and occasionally another player's indicator, but no fire or flip markers... but the answer is that there are not many players on NA using XMPQ, and those that are using it are not the ones burning or flipping!

I dont think that a lot of people are using it on the EU servers as I don't get any feedback at all in battles.  I have never seen anyone draw on the mini map.  Actually, I can not draw on the mini map myself.  Maybe it is because I use the ctrl key to enlarge the map to the center.

4 hours ago, Darth_Clicker said:

I dont think that a lot of people are using it on the EU servers as I don't get any feedback at all in battles.  I have never seen anyone draw on the mini map.  Actually, I can not draw on the mini map myself.  Maybe it is because I use the ctrl key to enlarge the map to the center.

I didn't even know it existed till I seen quickybaby do it......

12 hours ago, exarish said:

Only people whom use XMQP can see the lines from my understanding.

correct , only people that have xmqp enabled  can see the sotted/ flipping icons and  map draws, ive seen others draw on the map 

@darth_clicker   ,  we shud add as friends ingame and play a platoon together  , then we can test it for u aswell 

6 hours ago, bubs79 said:

correct , only people that have xmqp enabled  can see the sotted/ flipping icons and  map draws, ive seen others draw on the map 

@darth_clicker   ,  we shud add as friends ingame and play a platoon together  , then we can test it for u aswell 

I added you as a friend.

• 2 months later...

Too bad this feature is only for the XVM users among us. :(

It's a nice feature but you need xvm related stuff activated in the Aslain's Modpack to get this feature going. I don't have any knowledge of writing modifications for the game or understanding of how things work for writing them but I will ask the question:

"Is it possible to write a mod that does the same but without using XVM related stuff?"

Why do I ask? Because I play the game without XVM mods. I don't have the need to see what color other players are or how much WN8 they have. That only ruins the game (that's only my opinion). Therefor I don't activate any XVM mods in the modpack and only use some garage modifications without XVM. But ... I do like this option. It can be rather useful during a battle.

2 minutes ago, Angel_Arrow said:

Too bad this feature is only for the XVM users among us. :(

It's a nice feature but you need xvm related stuff activated in the Aslain's Modpack to get this feature going. I don't have any knowledge of writing modifications for the game or understanding of how things work for writing them but I will ask the question:

"Is it possible to write a mod that does the same but without using XVM related stuff?"

Why do I ask? Because I play the game without XVM mods. I don't have the need to see what color other players are or how much WN8 they have. That only ruins the game (that's only my opinion). Therefor I don't activate any XVM mods in the modpack and only use some garage modifications without XVM. But ... I do like this option. It can be rather useful during a battle.

Yes, it would be possible.

But probably difficult.

The XVM feature that allows that minimap stuff, amongst other things, is the XMQP thingie - a feature that shares something extra between those XVM users that have enabled XMQP.

It shares things like sixth sense, showing an icon, or if you flip your tank... and lets you draw on the minimap. But only other people using the XVM "XMQP" feature will see it. It would be the same for a different mod. If someone makes it.

• Upvote 1
On 12-3-2017 at 0:13 PM, Quaksen said:

Yes, it would be possible.

But probably difficult.

The XVM feature that allows that minimap stuff, amongst other things, is the XMQP thingie - a feature that shares something extra between those XVM users that have enabled XMQP.

It shares things like sixth sense, showing an icon, or if you flip your tank... and lets you draw on the minimap. But only other people using the XVM "XMQP" feature will see it. It would be the same for a different mod. If someone makes it.

Thanks for the reply. 

I thought so that it would be possible, because the spotted vehicles mod is also there for non- xvm users. Now finding someone who wants to write such a non-xvm mod. :P

10 minutes ago, Angel_Arrow said:

Thanks for the reply. 

I thought so that it would be possible, because the spotted vehicles mod is also there for non- xvm users. Now finding someone who wants to write such a non-xvm mod. :P

You're welcome :) Hehe.

I don't think you can compare the two.. since one is just displaying what vehicles got spotted, and it's fairly easy to keep track of, since they're fed that information from the client.

The drawing on minimap, requires a way to share the data.. I'm guessing the XVM servers handle that.. otherwise others couldn't see you drawing on the minimap.

2 hours ago, Quaksen said:

You're welcome :) Hehe.

I don't think you can compare the two.. since one is just displaying what vehicles got spotted, and it's fairly easy to keep track of, since they're fed that information from the client.

The drawing on minimap, requires a way to share the data.. I'm guessing the XVM servers handle that.. otherwise others couldn't see you drawing on the minimap.

Hmm ... yeah ... you've got a point. Well ... it isn't such a big deal. I was just wondering if it was possible. ;)

Edited by Angel_Arrow