tessumod config file

I installed TessuMod form the mod pack when I updated recently.  I haven't used this mod in a while.  Last time i used it, there was a config file to edit with options such as directional sound for voices.  However, I haven't found the same config file this time.  Does the mod still have a config file and if it does, where is it located?  Thanks!

Edited by Bavor
Fixed typos

After using the windows search feature and manually searching the 9.16 file, I started up teamspeak and the option I wanted to change in TessuMod is now available from the Plugins menu.  In older versions I had to change the config file manually.  Now its a click of a checkbox.

I did find that more settings can be configured manually in the alsoft.ini file in:

C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Client\plugins\tessumod_plugin

The thread I found for TessuMod had this to say:

"The mod can be configured by editing file res_mods\configs\tessu_mod\tessu_mod.ini. The file is not included with the release package, but is created when you start WOT. This ensures that you don't accidentally overwrite your modifications when updating mod to newer version. The mod automatically reloads the file when ever you change it, so you don't need to restart WOT after changing it."

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Bavor,

In case you still need the info, here's the config files that TessuMod uses (the part which is installed into the game):

• <WoT game folder>\res_mods\configs\tessu_mod\tessu_mod.ini
  • <WoT game folder>\res_mods\configs\tessu_mod\tessu_mod_cache.ini

Here's the config files that TessuMod TeamSpeak plugin uses: 

• %APPDATA%\jhakonen.com\WOTTessuMod.ini
  • %APPDATA%\alsoft.ini

WOTTessuMod.ini contains settings which you can modify from TeamSpeak > Plugins >  TessuMod Plugin > Settings.

alsoft.ini is a global configuration file for OpenAL Soft, which the plugin uses to position and playback audio. I'm assuming that this was the one you were looking for? You can open this also from TeamSpeak > Plugins >  TessuMod Plugin > Settings > Audio > Advanced Settings.

The alsoft.ini file under "C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Client\plugins\tessumod_plugin" is not actually used at all, it is there so that the plugin can copy it to %APPDATA% in case it is not there yet.