I can't install the new update for WoT

Hi all, I had the v.9.16.55 in WoT, I saw the message for update to 9.16.58, I downloaded it and when click to start installing nothing happens. I downloaded today the last 9.16.59 and I am facing the same problem. I uninstalled the aslain mod from my pc completely , downloaded again the installer from here and the same again. Plz what can I do?

ccleaner  is a program that cleans up  your pc ,  when u delete programs /files sometimes stuff is leftover and files left  n the registry that sometimes can affect  a new installation.

its one of the best cleaners around and I know a lot of gamers who use it .

its worth trying it out

• Administrator
42 minutes ago, Lucky_Louk said:

I don't know what ccleaner is. If there is the antivirus why I didn't have problem with earlier versions?

The binary content is changing every installer version. It does not mean anything if previous version of installer worked fine, and new one is not. Totaly nothing.

The problem lays in your computer that I am 100% sure, what it is exactly and why, I don't know, everyone has something else installed.

You know something, you don't help a lot... And I am sure your behaviour do not reflect the behaviour of all admins. The point is to find a solution not to criticise my compiuter. I told you I downloaded and tried to install it many times, with antivirus on and off, I restart my compiuter many times, I cleanned my registry and finally I totally uninstalled aslain from my pc. You could really help if you tell me what to try to do. Thanks a lot.

Edited by Lucky_Louk
8 minutes ago, Lucky_Louk said:

You know something, you don't help a lot...

Aslain helps as much as he can.... he cannot magically fix your computer, if something on it is blocking his installer.

Edit: He is not criticizing your computer. He is stating that something on your computer is causing the problem. He also said that he doesn't know what. What do you want, magic?.. 

You should know what is on your computer, that might block it.

When you double click on the modpack installer - what happens? Nothing? Or does it show you a warning screen or something?

Edited by Quaksen
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Lucky_Louk said:

No nothing blocks it and nothing happens. When i clicking to start it happens nothing. not even a warning or something like this.

Something has to be blocking it - or it would run just fine. It works for everyone but you, right now.. :P

Do you use Windows Defender, and have you tried turning that off - or adding your download folder to exclusion temporarily?

It has been known to go crazy before, and will probably do it again.

Then I've got no clue what to tell you.

Personally, I am running Kaspersky Internet Security (so Windows Defender and what not is off, since they're replaced by that)

When I double click the installer, it takes some time to load (since it's being scanned by Kaspersky), and then it shows up.

So if your computer is slow-ish, or your harddrive is slow-ish, that might make it take longer to load the installer for you.

You should be seeing the installer shown in the Windows Task Manager, while it's being scanned too. To give you an idea that it's starting.

• Administrator
29 minutes ago, Lucky_Louk said:

You know something, you don't help a lot... And I am sure your behaviour do not reflect the behaviour of all admins. The point is to find a solution not to criticise my compiuter. I told you I downloaded and tried to install it many times, with antivirus on and off, I restart my compiuter many times, I cleanned my registry and finally I totally uninstalled aslain from my pc. You could really help if you tell me what to try to do. Thanks a lot.

My time is precious, now image I would have to fix random computers remotely via teamviewer or similar daily, only because someone has installed/configured his windows in a weird and unique way. That takes time, and efforts, but I need it to create the modpack, which takes me enough of resources. I would need extra life to provide extra support. That's why I only support my own mistakes/bugs, not someone elses.

5 hours ago, Lucky_Louk said:

Hi all, I had the v.9.16.55 in WoT, I saw the message for update to 9.16.58, I downloaded it and when click to start installing nothing happens. I downloaded today the last 9.16.59 and I am facing the same problem. I uninstalled the aslain mod from my pc completely , downloaded again the installer from here and the same again. Plz what can I do?

Try using the torrent link and see if that download works better for you.  You will of course need a free torrent client if you don't already have one.  http://www.utorrent.com/ is the one that I use in case you need a recommendation.

• Administrator

I informed the admin, he is resseting the server, and removing all files, someone locked the file on all mirrors and it wasn't copied properly there. Why is this happening, I don't know, maybe someone is doing it on purpose, to break the network.

edit: Another update. This is confirmed attack. Someone doing it on purpose.

• Administrator

Yeah sorry but it looked totaly like a problem on your side. Would be probably easier to indentify if you get any error like file is corrupted or something, but windows decided to went into a silent mode, so I blame it :)

Anyway the admin confirmed it, someone is doing it on purpose. Someone is leeching all possible file names from my mirrors, to lock them up and create corrupted files....

@Lucky_Louk I really wish you had more information to give, maybe with more information we might be able to help..... I see from reading this thread completely that you have yet to answer a couple questions that may help narrow down your issue and get us closer to helping you find a solution.

• What antivirus are you running?
  • What Windows version are you running?
  • When you click on the modpack are you seeing it in the task manager?
  • Are you running the modpack with administrator privileges?
  • Did you make sure you re-downloaded the current modpack since the mirror was attacked and fixed?

If you can thoroughly answer these questions I might be able to help you more....