9.17 Ingame Battle screen is blank

I installed v.9.17.0_02 without making any changes.  The game actually loaded correctly and I had HUD, minimap, Player panels, etc.  I noticed that the game decided not to load the Crosshair Damocles Sword mod even though I still had it selected in the mod pack.  It just displayed the stock WOT crosshair in game.  I then selected the Harpoon 3.0: regular crosshair in the modpack and played another game.  Harpoon loaded and displayed correctly ingame.  Thanks for the suggestion.  Looks like Damocles Sword might have some issues.  Thanks Aslain and Co. for a great modpack and all your hard work.

The files are from the game where Damocles Sword didn't load properly but the battle screen loaded correctly, HUD, minimap, etc.

_Aslain_logs.zip

python.log

I hope this going to help with the issue. I'll try to be understandable with my masterblaster English. :blush:

So, I wanted to try the new version (17.0_2). Made my usual installation with it, then I tested it with my replay from yesterday (hardcore gamemode without any UI). And it was fine except the icons (3D (colorblind) icons with arab tier from Aslain). The icons were simple the normal ingame ones, but then I realized that I didn't finish the installation completely. I didn't click on finish on the last window (python/xvm/launch). I thought that "ah OK, that's the problem with the icons". So I finished it and tried again with the replay. Back to square one, no UI at all.

Lastly, I tried without any icon stuff from the installer. Once again, the replay looks OK before I click finish on the last window, and kill everything after that.

So, looks like the installer do something bad in the last stage, but it's probably not icon-mode related.

(I didn't clear python this 2 times.)

(I'm not using any mods mentioned above. Uncheked the white tanks too.)

---

I'll try more things and update this post if I have any good results :).

update:

Well, good news, bad news.

Firstly, I tried without crosshair mode - voala, replay works fine. So it was the Standard crosshair with better timing and more for me. I reinstalled the Aslain icon and white tanks too, no crosshair mode, start a real game. On the loading screen the icons were mirrored (i checked the xvm thingy) and I couldnt ask for fire assist (not even with click on the enemy contour, guess this is a Autoaim Indication+ bug), other than that, all good.

But.

We won, and I only see my frozen tank in the garage. Nothing else, total crash. Alt+f4 not enough either, I have to kill the process in Windows. Actually this happened the first time too, when I played a match without UI yesterday.

Guess now I try without white tanks and victory screen mods (icons, session statistics, crew xp extended and the sexy battle results)... or idk.

Edited by coffee

update2

I made some progress.

- Standard crosshair with better timer and more killed my UI (hardcore mode). Didn't try any other crosshair.

- Session Statistics by ShuraBB crash my game at the end of the matches. Didnt try any other session statistics, but I will tomorrow. 

- On the loading screen at start of matches: 

enemy icons are mirrored, xvm isnt showing anything, but I have the WN8 counter for some reason. :)

(I'm using the simple statistic tab with vehicle names, if that matters.)

- About the fire assist what I mentioned above. Looks like the settings changed in the game. Looks like the "attack" and the "assist/follow" is on separated keys now. I set it again, but unfortunately it's not working with Autoaim indication+. I have to click on the highlighted silhouette with it. I love the feature, when I can just click on the direction (just like in the old version with the autoaim), I play a lot of scouts :).

I think, that's all. Nothing too bad :).

Edited by coffee