ADF.LY viruses when using mirror links

The last two times I have attempted to download the file from either US mirror 1 or 2 it sends me to adf.ly like always, I wait the 10 seconds and click the button in the top right. But now it wont even open a file, it only throws up 15 popups that talk and say either pay or we lock your PC.  I know how to get around that malware by Ending the IE process tree  but I can not even DL your file like I have been for the last year.  Any thoughts?

• Administrator

I doubt there are any viruses on adly, it's most likely false-positive, and probably only one particular advertisement.

Remember by using sponsored links, you are helping to me, otherwise you are not, unless you are doing this via other methods. This modpack would not exist wihout support like this.

Just now, exarish said:

I noticed this myself, it's a script that pops up and claims your pc is locked and when you close it, another opens. (really annoying lol)

But just click the 'prevent this page from creating further scripts' box and hit close. :) 

I've seen similar, but on another site using another adfly-type ad link.. :)

Chrome, at least, don't know about the other browsers, can easily stop those popups, like you mention, letting you close the page.

It was talking about windows being out of date, blahblah, click this link to fix, and what not, lol.

31 minutes ago, Quaksen said:

I've seen similar, but on another site using another adfly-type ad link.. :)

Chrome, at least, don't know about the other browsers, can easily stop those popups, like you mention, letting you close the page.

It was talking about windows being out of date, blahblah, click this link to fix, and what not, lol.

ahaha yes, that old chestnut! lol.

'click here to speed up your pc!' ;)