Low FPS with 9.17 modpacks

Normally I get 90-120 fps with my new gaming PC (it got the i5-6400 and Geforce 970 GTX) in WoT matches, but the recent modpacks for 9.17 patch is causing my fps to go down from 90-120 fps to 35-50 fps (that's a huge fps drop). I had to uninstall the modpack and my fps went back to the way it was, and I didn't have any issue with the modpacks for 9.16 patch. Only having this issue for 9.17 :\

I'm not sure which mods in modpack is causing low fps in my matches.

And this is with... v9.17 #02, v9.17 #03, v9.17.0.1 #00, v9.17.0.1 #01, v9.17.0.1 #02, and v9.17.0.1 #03.

_Aslain_logs.zip

python.log

Edited by Outlaw2431
26 minutes ago, Outlaw2431 said:

Normally I get 90-120 fps with my new gaming PC (it got the i5-6400 and Geforce 970 GTX) in WoT matches, but the recent modpacks for 9.17 patch is causing my fps to go down from 90-120 fps to 35-50 fps (that's a huge fps drop). I had to uninstall the modpack and my fps went back to the way it was, and I didn't have any issue with the modpacks for 9.16 patch. Only having this issue for 9.17 :\

I'm not sure which mods in modpack is causing low fps in my matches.

And this is with... v9.17 #02, v9.17 #03, v9.17.0.1 #00, v9.17.0.1 #01, v9.17.0.1 #02, and v9.17.0.1 #03.

_Aslain_logs.zip

python.log

Have you tried with the latest modpack that was released today?

Same issue here, usually running firm 120 fps, now it toggles down to 90-100 fps (running i7 processor, 16gb DDR5 ram and GTX 1080 with 8gb DDr5 ram)

Edit: tried to clearing game cache, witch fixed the issue for a few hours, now same problem.

Edited by Aimpot
10 hours ago, Ragnarocek said:

try to not use sight mods (crosshairs), new format of crosshairs are kiling fps like a hell

Tried removing the crosshair I had installed, problem still persist, tried removing XVM completely, and problem gone, even with crosshair installed

Edit: Now playing full vanilla and running 120 fps with HD models and all graphics turned max - so problem must be somewhere in XVM

Edited by Aimpot
50 minutes ago, Aimpot said:

Will test it later today and return with feedback when testing done

There is opened thread on KoreanRandom with similar problem, so we will see if XVM team can do something with FPS loss. I've tested XVM yesterday and got same behavior (FPS drops after some time of gameplay) with different XVM configuration (from Aslains).

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Ragnarocek said:

There is opened thread on KoreanRandom with similar problem, so we will see if XVM team can do something with FPS loss. I've tested XVM yesterday and got same behavior (FPS drops after some time of gameplay) with different XVM configuration (from Aslains).

Yup, problem seems to come after some time of gameplay and gradually get worse the longer you play, I guess it's back to vanilla until XVM fixes the problem.

20 minutes ago, jd_on_ice said:

I just installed 08 and I'm not seeing the fps issue anymore

but #08 didn't have an XVM update.

Try playing for some time, problem is not there at start, but comes after playing for some time

That being said, the #07 with XVM update seems a bit better than previous XVM builds, but problem still occur, just not as bad as before

Edited by Aimpot
5 hours ago, Outlaw2431 said:

It's not stable enough, aslain. I had to unchecked the xvm in modpack because it was causing low fps issue.

Unfortunately there is not much Aslain can do about this issue, as it's a XVM problem that exist in other configurations than Aslains as well. We can only hope the XVM team is working hard on a solution on this matter, so we can get back to a stable and non FPS draining build.

16 hours ago, Outlaw2431 said:

It's not stable enough, aslain. I had to unchecked the xvm in modpack because it was causing low fps issue.

can you tell me which section of xvm exactly?

there are many functions like player stats, minimap , hitlog... 

which part was causing that problem?

Edited by Aerci
50 minutes ago, Aerci said:

can you tell me which section of xvm exactly?

there are many functions like player stats, minimap , hitlog... 

which part was causing that problem?

Have not been able to narrow it down to what part of XVM, I just turned of XVM for now and running full vanilla client :)

But it's for sure not hitlog, as I never used hitlog, only use a few minimap mods, stats and overtarget markers, so problem has to be in one of those sections

Edited by Aimpot
8 hours ago, Aimpot said:

Have not been able to narrow it down to what part of XVM, I just turned of XVM for now and running full vanilla client :)

But it's for sure not hitlog, as I never used hitlog, only use a few minimap mods, stats and overtarget markers, so problem has to be in one of those sections

not OTM, I never use that.

so it must be stats, minimap.

57 minutes ago, Aerci said:

not OTM, I never use that.

so it must be stats, minimap.

I have a feeling it's in the stats then as there is a minor bug on battle loading screen with reversed contour icons and no stats and win % loading, I will try to test it later today and see if I can come with an answer

11 hours ago, Aimpot said:

Perhaps if you supplied the required logs someone might be able to see what mods you are using and maybe try to recreate the problem. Just a thought....... Also I use a few of the XVM mods you say you have used and I never have a problem with framerates dropping but then again I am using probably a complete different mod setup you are other than the XVM set up. Just something to consider.

19 minutes ago, Davidinlv82 said:

Perhaps if you supplied the required logs someone might be able to see what mods you are using and maybe try to recreate the problem. Just a thought....... Also I use a few of the XVM mods you say you have used and I never have a problem with framerates dropping but then again I am using probably a complete different mod setup you are other than the XVM set up. Just something to consider.

How long are your usual game sessions? For me the problem occur after a period of time, usually after about 2 hours play time, I will test later and supply logs, unless I figure out the problem in testing.

Edit: Now its time for me to go buy the last Xmas gifts (so stupid to do on the last day before xmas, i know)

Edited by Aimpot
8 minutes ago, Aslain said:

I would start with turning off the XMQP, it's the lair of all demons ;) At least I remember very weird problems with that thing in the past so it's worth a try. 

Go to your profile page, and turn it off.

I have XMQP turned off from the beginning of implementation and still have fps losses

• Administrator
Just now, Ragnarocek said:

I have XMQP turned off from the beginning of implementation and still have fps losses

Some parts of XMQP code are in configs, I would also remove every bit of it from there too, to make sure in case XMQP switch on their profile page is bugged or works oddly.

That's some work with editing .xc files.

For example       ${ "minimapLabelsTemplates.xc":"def.xmqpEvent" }, at minimapLabels.xc but there is more references in other files.

It's a blind shot yes, but always something.

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, Aslain said:

Some parts of XMQP code are in configs, I would also remove every bit of it from there too, to make sure in case XMQP switch on their profile page is bugged or works oddly.

That's some work with editing .xc files.

For example       ${ "minimapLabelsTemplates.xc":"def.xmqpEvent" }, at minimapLabels.xc but there is more references in other files.

It's a blind shot yes, but always something.

so I double checked my XVM configs and have XMQP disabled from time of its implementation, so IMHO XMQP is not responsible for FPS loss