Low FPS with 9.17 modpacks

5 hours ago, Outlaw2431 said:

it's not hardware issue at all when I can run Metro 2033 redux/Witcher 3/Overwatch on max settings completely fine. I had the xvm unchecked and my fps was just fine at 90-120 FPS, then I turned it back on with #20 modpack, and fps went down to 40-50 fps.

What do you run for a processor? Reason I ask is because the game relies on the processor a lot for mods usage rather than the video card and other things as well. Also what memory (amount and by chance speed) cause that is also a factor too. Metro 2033 redux/Witcher 3/Overwatch utilizes the GPU more than WoT does for most of it's framerate, not saying that WoT doesn't utilize the graphics card.....

11 hours ago, Davidinlv82 said:

What do you run for a processor? Reason I ask is because the game relies on the processor a lot for mods usage rather than the video card and other things as well. Also what memory (amount and by chance speed) 

I already post the processor in my first post - i5-6400 processor and 8GB for memory.

Edited by Outlaw2431
2 hours ago, Outlaw2431 said:

I already post the processor in my first post - i5-6400 processor and 8GB for memory.

A 2.7 GHz stock 3.3 GHz boost clock quad core will definitely slow you down especially with only 8GB of memory and no hyper threading. Try adding memory, another 8 GB will give you a little boost. Who runs 8GB of memory anymore especially on today's systems..... (IMHO)

47 minutes ago, Davidinlv82 said:

A 2.7 GHz stock 3.3 GHz boost clock quad core will definitely slow you down especially with only 8GB of memory and no hyper threading. Try adding memory, another 8 GB will give you a little boost. Who runs 8GB of memory anymore especially on today's systems..... (IMHO)

i have really low fps  (20) , but that Is due tome running a laptop , with i3 core 8gb memery and hd 5500 built in graphics card ,  I run hd client , and even when I use the sd client there is no difference  in fps , I use medium settings , but I play pretty well with low fps ,  I can get up to 60 fps if I drop my settings down lower than medium , but the graphics r crap , so I  sacrifice fps to have a better looking game

Edited by bubs79
42 minutes ago, bubs79 said:

i have really low fps  (20) , but that Is due tome running a laptop , with i3 core 8gb memery and hd 5500 built in graphics card ,  I run hd client , and even when I use the sd client there is no difference  in fps , I use medium settings , but I play pretty well with low fps ,  I can get up to 60 fps if I drop my settings down lower than medium , but the graphics r crap , so I  sacrifice fps to have a better looking game

Gaming on a non gaming laptop will do that. I would rather take performance than quality....... But with my rig I get both so it's not an issue for me even with all of XVM being used....

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, RiiidzhA said:

Anyone still have FPS drop?

In 9.16 i have no problems( FPS 60-90), but in 9.17 i installed excatly the same mods and i have FPS 45-65 (dependig on what map is playing)

Without mods FPS 70-100

As I stated above with the mods added it's gonna be normal as the mods consume system resources. Perhaps the change of the code wargaming used to make the game makes it more noticeable. if you are having 45-65 FPS then you really don't have a lot to worry about as the game is still really playable at that framerate 

• 2 weeks later...

actually...i still have this problem...but i didn't use xvm anymore since its no idea what causes it (last tested last week)
i will have problems after installing xvm mods...fps dropping below 60-40 after an hour or so gameplay....restart the client and it will go back up 100-120, disabled xmqp - still the same
reinstall mods without xvm - problem still persist , had to reinstall the whole game and use non xvm mods - fps 110-120 constantly

• 2 months later...

The problem persists.

Fps starts with 12X and drops to 6X after 10 games.

However, I found if I deselect all xvm options in installation.

and dump Quickybaby's xvm mod into mod folder.

I will still have xvm working but without fps drop.

Edited by Aerci
7 hours ago, Aerci said:

The problem persists.

Fps starts with 12X and drops to 6X after 10 games.

I found something that if I deselect all xvm options in installation.

and dump Quickybaby's xvm mod into mod folder.

I will still have xvm working but without fps drop.

Same here, have to restart the game after 10 battles, then its ok.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I found something. I turned minimap label off (minimap.xc->labelsEnable->false)
I got clear instant fps buff (more stable)
After 15 games, I got no fps drop ! 

This might not be a universal solution and still need more test. 
but anyone who is facing fps issue should give it a try.

-

this is weird because, last year, I excluded minimap from being the cause. 
at that time I turned minimap off in aslain's installer. this time I install xvm manually and turn map label off in config.

Edited by Aerci
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2017 at 7:53 PM, Defiant113 said:

never had any FPS issues with modpacks.

I am running game in SD mod with mod graphic enhance,all what could be on my is on max and I have constant 48-57 FPS on Jurassic Q9550+geforce 750 gtx and 8 gb ddr Ripjaws on 1066 mhz  

Me too, i've never seen it before!