Aim reticle stuck at 3 o'clock position of turret

I play on 3 monitors at 5860x1080. Since the 9.17 update the reticle that indicates my barrel's point of aim is located at the 3 o'clock high position to my turret. I tried adjusting all of the reticle options in the graphics settings but to no avail. If I change my graphics setting from 5860x1080 to 1920x1080 and then BACK to 5860x1080 my aim reticle will return, but my hud will no longer be limited to the middle monitor and span across all 3 monitors. So my map, chat, and the listing of the teams' players will be at the far ends of my side monitors. This will carry over into the garage interface.

As far as I can tell I can play 1920x1080 fine.

I did have the latest update of Aslain's modpack installed and tried various crosshairs from that. I also uninstalled/reinstalled WoT 2 times without installing the modpack and problem persists.

I submitted a ticket to WoT but maybe you guys can help faster.

_Aslain_logs.zip

python.log

shot_002.jpg

shot_006.jpg

shot_007.jpg

shot_008.jpg

Edited by AwwSkiSkiSki

Hi!  i have been having the same problem for a few weeks now.  I didnt even realize the aiming reticule was at the 3 o'clock position until i read this thread.  all i knew was that i couldnt see it directly ahead.  but now i can see it the same as the poster above...  luckily i still have the server crosshair to aim by.  Any idea what would be causing this issue?

• Administrator
On 12/24/2016 at 0:26 AM, AwwSkiSkiSki said:

I play on 3 monitors at 5860x1080. Since the 9.17 update the reticle that indicates my barrel's point of aim is located at the 3 o'clock high position to my turret. I tried adjusting all of the reticle options in the graphics settings but to no avail. If I change my graphics setting from 5860x1080 to 1920x1080 and then BACK to 5860x1080 my aim reticle will return, but my hud will no longer be limited to the middle monitor and span across all 3 monitors. So my map, chat, and the listing of the teams' players will be at the far ends of my side monitors. This will carry over into the garage interface.

Not sure if I can help you, I don't have such resultion, or even possibility to check it out. I only noticed some errors from chat filter mod (antitoxicity) so maybe try without it? You have installed modp0ack #09, which is pretty outdated now, get latest too. (I know that it was some time since you spoted your logs too)

2 minutes ago, Aslain said:

Not sure if I can help you, I don't have such resultion, or even possibility to check it out. I only noticed some errors from chat filter mod (antitoxicity) so maybe try without it? You have installed modp0ack #09, which is pretty outdated now, get latest too. (I know that it was some time since you spoted your logs too)

Yeah I had stopped using that chat blocker mod because it wouldn't let me write a lot of stuff. Sure some "Toxic" F You!!! stuff, but also stuff like, "Wow 3k damage, good job KV-2" And I'd get the "follow your own rules!" Blocked message. Too annoying to use for me.

WG had me run the diagnostic and told me, hey you're using mods! While we don't recommend it, it's allowed. The told me to uninstall mods and run it again. Haven't gotten around to it yet.

I've been playing at 1920x1080 fine though. It has something to do with the 5860x1080 resolution for 3 monitors, which affects A LOT of games unfortunately. Especially when they're new games or new updates :( 

Im not sure the exact sentence. But it was VERY similar to what i wrote up there and there were no swears or negativity. I would try to give somebody praise like 5 times in 5 different sentences and kept getting blocked, where All I could write was GG, hah. Please don't adjust it on my account though, I don't use that app much. All I care about is those guys that click the map 30 times. I HAAAAAATE that. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey AwwSkiSkiSki, i may have found a solution to our aiming reticule issue.  I usually run 3 monitors in full screen mode, but when i changed it to windowed mode (without borders), the voila!  the reticule is back where it belongs!  i've played several times over several days, and it's working fine.  Hope that helps you!

11 hours ago, Snobrezin said:

Yep... Same here.  It's not bothering me as much as the reticule thing was though.

Anyone know if there's a way to move the mini map and damage panels to a different position?

As far as I or anyone is aware there is no way of moving either of them since they are locked in place regardless of your screen resolution, you might could talk to wargaming about making it an option to change locations for those items when using some ungodly resolution. Chanced are they will tell you no and try and persuade you to use a different resolution.

13 hours ago, Davidinlv82 said:

As far as I or anyone is aware there is no way of moving either of them since they are locked in place regardless of your screen resolution, you might could talk to wargaming about making it an option to change locations for those items when using some ungodly resolution. Chanced are they will tell you no and try and persuade you to use a different resolution.

If you look at the first post you'll see my screenshots where the interface is ideally limited to the middle monitor. It works by default at 5760x1080 with no issues. ... that is until the current version of WoT hit, what is this 9.17? They support it, they're just too lazy to fix it. Speaking of lazy, my ticket expired because I didn't run their scanning tool without mods and send it back to them in time.. I just stopped playing. Maybe I'll check back after a few updates.