xvm damage log position changes.

On 12/25/2016 at 9:55 AM, Darth_Clicker said:

I can drag the xvm damage log into the desired position and it will remain until I close the client.  But the next time I restart the client and play a battle, I have to re-position the damage log.  Does anyone else have this problem?

python.log

_Aslain_logs.zip

The arty log mod does the same thing. Wondered how I could move the panels to where I want them and then they stay there until I have to update the mods. Sorry @Aslain I know it's a seperate topic.

• Upvote 1
16 hours ago, Aslain said:

I was able to reproduce this, however this is one of these problems I have no influence on. All I can do is to set the log at fixed position, otherwise ask on koreanrandom.

I was hoping that I was the only one having the problem and it was simply me doing something wrong.  I searched through the xvm files and could not find anything to change.  But,  I do not possess the Aslain's Magic Pixie Dust.  I just switched to GambitER in the modpack.  It stays put.

5 hours ago, Darth_Clicker said:

I was hoping that I was the only one having the problem and it was simply me doing something wrong.  I searched through the xvm files and could not find anything to change.  But,  I do not possess the Aslain's Magic Pixie Dust.  I just switched to GambitER in the modpack.  It stays put.

Gambiter hasn't done me wrong yet and I love the XFT version for the placement they hold on my screen.

3 hours ago, Aslain said:

It's re-added but it's the same mod. I don't know why it don't save its position, I never used it before so I don't know if this is normal or not. :)

ive used arty log for a long time and noticed I had to move it into position every battle , the way I got round this was go into the config file and change the position  and wolla  it stays in position where I want it all the time now

Edited by bubs79
  • Administrator
48 minutes ago, bubs79 said:

ive used arty log for a long time and noticed I had to move it into position every battle , the way I got round this was go into the config file and change the position  and wolla  it stays in position where I want it all the time now

I wasnt aware before, that it's resetting its position, I have asked the author myself today, since nobody did it for me.

1 minute ago, Aslain said:

I wasnt aware before, that it's resetting its position, I have asked the author myself today, since nobody did it for me.

I think wat the problem was , it was set for a specific resolution ,  as it was off my screen and I cud just see the edge of it lol

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator
6 hours ago, Schwert_2015 said:

I accidentally drug mine to a position where the damage taken is now off the screen, how do I make it visible again, what do I edit?

It saves to AppData\Roaming\Wargaming.net\WorldOfTanks\xvm\DamageLog so delete everything in that location

6 hours ago, Aslain said:

It saves to AppData\Roaming\Wargaming.net\WorldOfTanks\xvm\DamageLog so delete everything in that location

It took awhile, but I decided that since this path you gave me includes "Roaming" you must be talking about a registry setting. My game install directory has no path anything like that. My registry (win 7), doesn't have anything like that.  I have a file damaglog.xc under J:\Games\World_of_Tanks\res_mods\configs\xvm\Aslain, and I tried renaming that to make it re-create, that had no effect. I also tried editing some x/y values I found in the file itself for damage log, and that had no effect as well.

I went back to thinking about editing the file and was looking at this:

"lastHit": {
      "$ref": { "path":"damageLog.log" },
      "x": -120,
      "y": 200,

I thought "hmm, x index is negative, what if I flip that flag to postive? BINGO, back where it should be, well, visible anyway.

Edited by Schwert_2015