Autoaim snapping

I'm new here

But wanted to hear your opinions about fixing autoaim indicator+

Autoaim snapping behind cover was recently declared illegal on wot forums by wg staff

Aslain has since modified autaim indicator+ to comply

I'm finding hard to play certain tanks wihtout this mod and am looking for way to fix mod to make it legal

Shorcut  "T" still works for requesting fire but you now have to have cursor directly on target, maybe this can't be fixed easily.

More importantly snapping has many functions only one of which is locking on to enemies behind cover,

some of the others-

1.ability to autaim instantly intead of having to place cursor over target.

2.sometimes it can be awkard to get cursor over target long enough to right-click, esp when your in a fast tank at full speed trying to lock onto small moving enemy tanks jumping ridge lines etc..

I find this 2nd point to be very very irritating in fast firing tanks where it can sometimes take several seconds to manage to lock on autaim, even though you have cursor over their silhouette several times because you cant left click in that milisecond, making it hard to focus on driving (The true purpose of autaim according to wiki) and missing opportunity for shots in fast tank (think m7, locust, t21 etc....) autoloaders and lower ROF guns dont suffer as much as you almost always want to be careful your hitting before you shoot anyhow.

I know that it mihgt not be practical to program mod that can snap on but only if enemy silhouette is exposed, it is also possible that even this would give advantages unacceptable to wg (though the wording makes it sound like the problem is only that enemies are behind cover).

But there might still be a simple improvment to snap autoaim within several seconds of having cursor over enemy silhouette(or even simpler autoaim snaps on to last silhouette your cursor highlighted if target is available) this would gretaly ease the really irritating cant snap autaim syndrome and cannot possibly be illegal.

Thank you all for reading I would really like to hear what you think of the last point

Also curious to hear if anybody else has same problem with fast quick firing tanks and vanilla autaim.

Aslain didn't modify the mod. The mod author did.

Autoaim Indication+ has since gotten a feature where if you try to enable autoaim, without having something targeted, it'll wait for some seconds, and if you happen to highlight an enemy, it'll lock onto it. It should be in the latest modpack as of writing this post. You may need to mess with the config though, not sure. http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/441413-0917-autoaim-indicationaddins-no-autoaim-snapping/page__st__1500__pid__13628795#entry13628795

"When you try to trigger AA and fail, this function will automatically enable AA within time_snapping_seconds period once you highlight first enemy (so fair rule or having outline when triggering AA is obeyed)"

Fair Play Policy comment was quite clearly "autoaim locking without highlighting the enemy" - so yeah - no snapping, no matter how it's done. Doesn't matter how you try to twist and bend the rules, it'll boil down to the same. http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/598224-fair-play-policy/page__st__200__pid__13344242#entry13344242

Also locking to the last highlighted enemy you had, would still be locking without actually highlighting the enemy again, thus, illegal. :)

• Upvote 1

id be happy just broadening the area where it locks a little if the tanks are exposed. im fine not locking onto things behind mountains...the vanilla wot version just sucks ass if your using a fast scout....and i seem to still run into guys that speak strange languages that snap shot me.......

"broadening the area where it locks" would be illegal - since then you could lock without highlighting, which is the main issue... the issue isn't locking behind things - it's locking without highlight.

As for snap shots... they happen.. people press their mouse to shoot at you, and they luck out with the RNG.

On 1/4/2017 at 4:37 PM, Quaksen said:

Aslain didn't modify the mod. The mod author did.

Autoaim Indication+ has since gotten a feature where if you try to enable autoaim, without having something targeted, it'll wait for some seconds, and if you happen to highlight an enemy, it'll lock onto it. It should be in the latest modpack as of writing this post. You may need to mess with the config though, not sure. http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/441413-0917-autoaim-indicationaddins-no-autoaim-snapping/page__st__1500__pid__13628795#entry13628795

"When you try to trigger AA and fail, this function will automatically enable AA within time_snapping_seconds period once you highlight first enemy (so fair rule or having outline when triggering AA is obeyed)"

Fair Play Policy comment was quite clearly "autoaim locking without highlighting the enemy" - so yeah - no snapping, no matter how it's done. Doesn't matter how you try to twist and bend the rules, it'll boil down to the same. http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/598224-fair-play-policy/page__st__200__pid__13344242#entry13344242

Also locking to the last highlighted enemy you had, would still be locking without actually highlighting the enemy again, thus, illegal. :)

So its illegal?

8 hours ago, Nephistic said:

So its illegal?

The pre-8th November Autoaim Indication is illegal.

The ones after it, are legal.

And I cannot see the new feature being illegal either - since it requires you to highlight target, before it can lock... just like vanilla WoT. :)

15 hours ago, Quaksen said:

The pre-8th November Autoaim Indication is illegal.

The ones after it, are legal.

And I cannot see the new feature being illegal either - since it requires you to highlight target, before it can lock... just like vanilla WoT. :)

I agree, but it does make it easier to use Auto Aim compared to Vanilla Auto Aim....albeit a very small amount.   With Vanilla AA you must keep the tank highlighted while you press the enable key.  That takes an amount of coordination. AA+ reduces, or eliminates this coordination factor.   I can imagine that it helps older players like myself more than younger players.

As far as whether or not this feature is illegal depends entirely on the direction in which the wind is blowing.  That, I know for sure based on past events.

20 minutes ago, motionvega said:

i dont see any help off of aaplus anymore. if anything the lock area seems smaller then the tank outline now.....id like to see a few meters on either side of a tank be lockable if im in a fast light trying to fight another fast light.

If you are a fast light trying to lock on to the target then set the timer to infinite and turn on the autoaim and just make sure your aim dot hits the target to initiate the lock, not that hard, been able to accomplish it myself