Does Aslain uses illegal mods

1 hour ago, Aslain said:

I can only tell no illegal mods in modpack, ask WG for what mod they banned you.

Asking won't do any good, they said they will not discuss what mods have been found being used, BS if you ask me since as far as any of us know all the mods in you and Quickybaby's packs are legal. Not only that but they are saying the bans are irreversible and will not be discussed.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Chris34576 said:

i get the message by wargaming that the autoaim Indikator is an illegal mod ---- 

Show this message, on picture.

And you need to precise it with them. AA+ is not illegal, what is illegal is snapping autoaim function, and I don't have it in modpack so 

2 ban waves have been in wot since FP. Not seen anyone banned for using Aslains pack. I use AA+ and not had any warnings/bans myself.

Are you sure you're not using something besides aslains pack? or using an outdated mod pack? (post logs/python so we can check)

Edited by exarish

Question: Could "Spotted vehicle direction on aim circle" be considered illegal? Indicators for spotted vehicles outside the field of view supposedly are only legal if only the closest target gets marked, spotted vehicles essentially pings whenever an enemy gets spotted or respotted, so it probably is at least grey area...

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Alar Tangor said:

Question: Could "Spotted vehicle direction on aim circle" be considered illegal? Indicators for spotted vehicles outside the field of view supposedly are only legal if only the closest target gets marked, spotted vehicles essentially pings whenever an enemy gets spotted or respotted, so it probably is at least grey area...

It is one of the mods I clarified with WG, yeah it sounds like it is grey area, but then how would you call White Dead Skins or Tank View on minimap? ;) I can however re-approach them about this mod again if you like to, but cannot guarantee fast answer or any answer. They are not always replying to me fast. 

To be fair, zoom out and white dead tanks have been explicitly greenlit by this topic    http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/519659-fair-play-policy-qa/

But that might be outdated, who knows anymore.

Edit:

What makes me weary of "spotted vehicles direction on aim circle" is the fact that it can show multiple vehicles simultaneously, which they have stated is not ok for "direction indicator for closest enemy"

Edited by Alar Tangor
  • Administrator
9 minutes ago, Alar Tangor said:

To be fair, zoom out and white dead tanks have been explicitly greenlit by this topic    http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/519659-fair-play-policy-qa/

But that might be outdated, who knows anymore.

It's from November 15th, was posted after they released Fair Play Policy, so they're up-to-date.

When I was clarifying this mod I showed a picture of the mod to WG Staff, but also linked them source topic so they could read about it and watch video from the OP, I also described what the mod does in few simple words, and answer was: "Currently allowed" (in Polish language, since it was WG-PL Staff). 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Aslain said:

It's from November 15th, was posted after they released Fair Play Policy, so they're up-to-date.

When I was clarifying this mod I showed a picture of the mod to WG Staff, but also linked them source topic so they could read about it and watch video from the OP, I also described it what the mod does in few simple words, and answer was: "Allowed for now" (in Polish language, since it was WG-PL Staff). 

Right, awesome. Consider my question moot then. Keep up the awesome work :)

Personally i love the mod since it helps so much with map awareness, but i was a bit weary because of the "oh i've been banned" topics that popped up on reddit.

Edited by Alar Tangor

What really upsets me and I'm sure it does a lot of other people too is the fact that they say they will not discuss what mod a player got banned for, if the player got banned for a mod that is deemed legal that is in the most current modpack then the player should have a right to know what mod it was and contest it. They say though the decisions are final and will not be reviewed after the punishment is handed out. How is that fair to the player? I'm gonna be pissed if I became one of those players and I'm using all legal mods.......

IF you were to get flagged for using 'illegal mods' you'll get a 7 day ban/warning before being permanently banned.

Most would take that as a warning and not use any mods until there's more clarification on the subject mod they were using.

It is fair, as you get a warning and are not instantly banned perm for first offence. (some games do that)

OP also hasn't shared logs so there's no way to tell he's using 100% aslains pack and/or outdated mod pack.

Edited by exarish
On 09/01/2017 at 0:10 PM, exarish said:

IF you were to get flagged for using 'illegal mods' you'll get a 7 day ban/warning before being permanently banned.

Most would take that as a warning and not use any mods until there's more clarification on the subject mod they were using.

It is fair, as you get a warning and are not instantly banned perm for first offence. (some games do that)

OP also hasn't shared logs so there's no way to tell he's using 100% aslains pack and/or outdated mod pack.

But a 7 day ban on a premium account means a loss of premium playing time which was paid for.  I got a 24 hour ban for Unsportsmanlike Conduct a year or so ago and lost the premium time.  It did make me be a good boy in chat.

I think that it is completely wrong that they do not tell the player specifically why they were banned and offer evidence.  I imagine that this decision to not allow discussion was based on resources.  By allowing a discussion on each ban, they would have to argue every ban probably and that takes time and people and therefore money. 

In the end, I think we can all trust that Aslain is doing an excellent and thorough job vetting the mods for the modpack.  But if you think a mod might possibly be illegal in the eyes of WG, then it is your own responsibility to decide whether to use it or not.  Do what you think is the right thing to do and be assured that Aslain is doing his best to make the decision as easy as possible.  WG is the one that is not always consistent and predictable.

Just now, tankzman said:

What is "  time snapping"?

2017-01-07 NEW IDEA FOR EASIER AUTOAIM LOCKING
To ease autoaim locking I have introduced another option called time_snapping. Normally you need to highlight a tank and at the same time click to trigger AA. Idea is to separate those two in time: you can click BEFORE and AA will trigger itself automatically once you HIGHLIGHT enemy. It also looks ok from fair play policy perspective.
Two usage scenarios:
- players used to dense AA clicking should use small time in seconds (f.e. 1) and toggle=False to basically extend duration of their AA lock retry in time for that second or so,
- fresh players or others willing to change habits should use longer time (it could be ever set to 0 to make this function permanent) and use toggle=True to switch it on/off when needed.
In all cases functions turns itself off once AA lock is being done.
It is fresh idea so it can change in time as I play more with it.
When one uses separate key for AA (I use scroll whell/middle mouse button) then one can press and hold it to trigger AA once target is highlighted. Actually for single key (camera/AA) it works as well but the downside is that while you try to trigger AA this way your barrel is not moving closer to the enemy.

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/441413-0917-autoaim-indicationaddins-no-proximity-snapping-for-autoaim-but/#topmost

what about the rumours i'm getting on russian and polish forum's ??? Aslain indeed doesn't contain illegal mods but if you use for example aslain pack + shaytan aimbot : aslain is sending that information to WOT and get's paid for it ??? it's information aslain collect's with his modpack, he can easily see if you are using other mods then those in his modpack and wargaming is paying Aslain for getting that extra information about the illegal use of other mods not in his pack ???

43 minutes ago, Questionaire said:

what about the rumours i'm getting on russian and polish forum's ??? Aslain indeed doesn't contain illegal mods but if you use for example aslain pack + shaytan aimbot : aslain is sending that information to WOT and get's paid for it ??? it's information aslain collect's with his modpack, he can easily see if you are using other mods then those in his modpack and wargaming is paying Aslain for getting that extra information about the illegal use of other mods not in his pack ???

What are you talking about? Aslain doesn't get paid for that........ Right @Aslain?

Wargaming wouldn't really need anyone else to tell them what mods people use.

Every single mod that get loaded into the game, is, for example, printed into python.log - so unless the cheat makers found a way to hide their mod from python.log, that's one sure way to find it. And I'm sure Wargaming has other means to tell as well.

Rumours are great, aren't they? LOL.

People also blamed the "Top Tankers Event" mod, for example.

• Administrator

I am not being paid by WG, I also don't spy users, you probably think of russian modpacks, like protanki/jove there were rumours they spy and send info to WG. Yet it's also rumours, just like the one about my modpack which is very supricing, never heard about it yet, you have a link to source?

My contacts with WG are only limited to confirming which mod is allowed/disallowed.

2 minutes ago, Aslain said:

I am not being paid by WG, I also don't spy users, you probably think of russian modpacks, like protanki/jove there were rumours they spy and send info to WG. Yet it's also rumours, just like the one about my modpack.

My contacts with WG are only limited to confirming which mod is allowed/disallowed.

I thought so....