Contour Icons NOT working - 0.9.17.0.3

Hi, 

I no longer use the modpack due to massive fps drops after a while (unfortunate but present with 9.17).  However, I am using Aslains contour icons with xvm config (basic 8.1mb file).  Since today's update, everything is working fine EXCEPT for the contour icons.  The Aslain contour icons show as an overTargetMarker on the vehicle itself, perfect, but no longer show on battle loading, players panels and statistic form.  On these, it just shows the default wot icons.  I'm assuming Aslain has released this without testing it prior, as again, the icons are in the zip, they are extracted to my /res_mods/0.9.17.0.3/gui/maps/icons/vehicle/contour as intended, and DO show up on the tanks themselves.  I have opened up script files, battleloading, playerspanel, statisticform etc and see nowhere where it references those icons or the default wot ones and I'm just not certain how to fix this, unless Aslain is aware and it will be adressed tomorrow in a new patch or otherwise.  Anyone else having this issue?  I have installed it 3 times and I'm certain this is not on my end.  

On a side note, I think he removed the Metal Gear Sixth Sense sound from his basic pack :(  Learned that the hard way but had a friend send me the 19 kb .mp3 file which was extracted from the modpack and restored it to the /res_mods/0.9.17.0.3/audioww (after re-creating one) and the user sound works fine.  I also changed his sixthsense.png file to the metal gear one whitch I back-up anyways. If anyone needs help with this stuff let me know, if you would like Metal Gear sixth sense back without installing the modpack.

As for the contour icons, I'm drawing blanks here but can't believe how used to the icons I have become over the years in terms of easily being able to identify tanks on both teams through the battle loading, players panel and statistics forms.  I'll never change!  

I don't believe logs are necessary given the issue, however available upon request.  Thanks!

Edited by 4EVRDI4U

Depending on the options you selected, you should have files in gui/flash/atlases.

Look in iconset.xc in the XVM config folder, to see what they're set to.

I'm using the Metal Gear sixth sense sound just fine from the modpack.

Edit: And logs are always nice. Especially since then there's no need for many questions, but can instantly see what you actually selected, instead of guessing. :)

Sorry, I believe you missed where I mentioned, this is NOT the "MODPACK" that I am using.  I have selected nothing, hence using the 8.1mb contour icons + aslains xvm config.  This is why I didn't feel logs were necessary as its the most basic install.  I have just simply extracted it to my world of tanks folder straight from the zip file (3 times).  The only things I have changed manually are sixth sense sound, icon and duration time, save last server, auto login, clock format, auto equipment return, all done manually in the script files (3 times).  Reading your reply leads me to believe you have read my post partially and have responded as such.  Thanks though :)

Edited by 4EVRDI4U

*Shrugs* Missed it or not, doesn't change the fact that the files I mentioned, aren't there.. so there's the problem. :) I guess.

The atlas files.

I'm not sure exactly which icons are in the "basic pack", or I'd upload the zip file from that set from the modpack, since that has the atlases.

But again, 

The contour icon files ARE present, and are referenced to the use as overtargetmarkers in the game (above the physical vehicles) flawlessly - working as intended.  It would more have to do with xvm probably changing the way the files read to that path on those 3 scripts, battle loading, statisticform and playerspanel.  If the icons were not working as overtargetmarkers and were NOT present in the mod at all, that would be something to say.  The relative path has changed or how it points to it within those forms is more the issue.  It's okay I don't mind waiting a bit, it will get resolved.  My friend is using the modpack still and has updated it and his works.  I believe its just something within the 8.1mb file not correct, as previous versions of it have had no issue as well.  The contour icons in the "basic pack" are, of course naturally, Aslains, as they are his contour icons and his xvm setup...

Edited by 4EVRDI4U

Eh, just trying to help. I'll go away. :P

After looking a bit more at it, it makes no sense why OTM would work, and the others not... iconset.xc only has battleLoading as the /contour/ folder. The rest are atlas files, which are missing. Heh. :huh:

Ah well. It'll be fixed when Aslain isn't sleeping. :P

No I know you are trying to help, I actually really appreciate that it's just frustrating when you know you know what you are talking about but cannot properly explain it in a message without being able to show exactly (insert screenshots here) which is what I should have just done to show it - this is really my fault for being lazy and assuming people know EXACTLY what I'm talking about.  Yes the Aslain contour icons are perfect as OTM, but not present on those 3 panels leaving just the default wot ones (boring).  

Don't get frustrated, at least not when it's me :D I'm sure I misread something, and assumed a couple of things myself, woops. :blush:

Just know that Aslain will look at this as soon as he can. (I sent him a message, should guarantee that he looks at it a.s.a.p) :)

Thanks for your encouragement, as a donater (only one time lol but I should do it again) and repeat Aslain's customer over the years, believe it or not, I had just created a forums account tonight for this very first post of mine ever.  Reason being because I kinda know my way around wot/xvm files, but was definately convinced that he made an error or neglected to realise that this was an issue when releasing today's updates.  Certain mods will not work or co-exist with the new patch until updated, I get that, but his contour icons themselves which are the backbone or original hit reason that started what came to be a huge modpack, are not even working properly in the basic 8.1mb setup.  These icons are a staple of his name and I felt it was worth it to get the word out quick about this one being that its the icons themselves not working and not some other third party mod in which case I'd never waste time posting about.   

Edited by 4EVRDI4U

Things might have gone a bit too fast on his end, he is just human afterall, though I do wonder sometimes, with the amount of work he does by himself, in creating the modpack. :D

It looks mostly to me that the atlas files are missing, which are causing the issues. That, or it's something entirely else.

Do you still have the old file, from when it was working? Does that one include the atlas files?

(Sorry if I'm a bit too focused on those atlas files, but they are the only thing I noticed.. no expert by any means :) )

And in the end, Aslain will know right away, if something is up :D

I DO believe you are on to something with the atlas files though.  But without being able to download a previous version of the mod (.06 I think?) then I'm just not certain.  It would be too easy to archive at least a few previous versions of something before releasing an update for troubleshooting purposes I suppose.  If I'm not mistaken, he used to do that.  Goodluck trying to google search and download the same 8.1mb - 10mb file available yesterday or within the last few days from anywhere to check the atlases, I've tried and cannot find any.  If the icons work with the modpack itself, which they seem to as I see no complaints about it (except from a guy who posted on Sunday before these updates), could always install the modpack to a dummy folder, and look at how the atlases are setup that way and just copy over, meh, tomorrow if anything too tired.

Actually,

the guy that posted a similar thread on Sunday I believe 

You have replied into so what he is saying is similar if not exactly what I'm saying, however, mine were working fine sunday, monday, and today only not after the LATEST update on NA and aslains which I don't believe that guy would have had access to on Sunday anyways so I didn't tie my issue into the same as his.  Unless hes EU or ASIA and got these updates sooner?

Edited by 4EVRDI4U

https://worldoftanks.curseforge.com/projects/aslains-icon-contour-mod/files

Found the old ones!

#04 has the atlas files, and the sixth sense file included.

#05 and forward, the atlas files and sixth sense is gone.

In any case though, Aslain will look into it, as I doubt it's "working as intended", to have missing proper contour icons on the loading screen etc.

If you're off to bed, he'll probably have it fixed by the time you wake up ;)

I saw a file on curseforge too, should have downloaded it to look but somehow though it was even way older.  Funny because in 05 and 06 I did not have these issues, only after today's.  You're right, I only ment "working as intended" towards the contour icons as OTM's, and not in the other areas they should be by default.  Ya bedtime here in NA, I'm on this site daily, it would not surprise me if by tomorrow (my day off) I wake up poor my coffee and find that hes already adressed this or at least by some point tomorrow.  Good conversation either way, and thanks for the help and support.  May even download 04/05 and screw around with the atlases, but if xvm has changed this in their update, I'll just leave this up to Aslain to fix as hes much better qualified :)  Goodnight Quakesen.

Edited by 4EVRDI4U

Hehe, I see too often that my name ends up as Quakesen :P Hehe :D

Crazy that it was working fine in 05 and 06.. that points at something else, other than the atlases then. Hopefully our conversation can always help Aslain locate the issue faster :) (unless you just unzipped 05 and 06 into a folder that already had the atlas files, of course.. :P )

Sleep well!

Wow too much Quake in my younger years!  I think I just saw your name and typed what I wanted to type haha.  Yes I update even the basic aslains xvm mod (not pack) regularly, like the same day it comes out.  Only reason for him updating that would be due to xvm updates or new vehicle which have entered the game, or a modification to an existing icon.  Otherwise everything stays the same unlike the "modpack" which is heavily updated everyday due to third party mod authors updating.  So yes, it is odd how even in 05/06 there was no issue until today which leads me away from the atlases because as I have just downloaded those, I agree with you the atlases are not present in 05/06 but are in 04?  Weird.  I will, thanks!  

*** UPDATE - SOLVED - SOMEWHAT ***

Quaksen you gave birth to the idea of just copying the atlases folder from those previous versions (05 I think I used) into the gui/flash folder just to see what would happen and sure enough it worked.  I now have the contour icons showing not only as the OTM, but on battle loading, statistics form and players panel.  Only now, I have no xvm stats info, everything is as seen in the screenshots below.  I will try to update xvm stats to see if there is a difference (even though that was already updated yesterday and is nowhere near 14 days) JUST to see what happens...

shot_001.jpgshot_002.jpg

*** UPDATE - ISSUE SOLVED OFFICIALLY ***

Ok, so I thought well it's too much of a coincidence, why would right after I copy the atlases folder in from 05 (older mod version) into my flash folder would my xvm stats all of the sudden cease to work (where they were working fine prior to me doing that, even right before I did it in a battle) knowing full well that my xvm stats were updated on the 24th.  Needless to say, went to xvmmod page, logged in, activated and updated stats, restated client to load a battle and viola!  I now have contour icons, everywhere they are supposed to be with xvm stats working and my metal gear sixth sense as well.  It seems as though somehow, Aslain just simply neglected to included the atlases folder in this new version of the mod and this has nothing to do with paths or scripts at all.  As for the Metal Gear SixthSense sound, I just assumed perhaps he got rid of it from the mod just because he didn't use it anymore or whatever since it's his config but now think perhaps he just forgot to include the audioww folder as well.  All is good now, Thank you Quaksen.  I could not have troubleshooted this issue without you, seriously.  Or could have but it would have taken me 10x as long (at least).  The atlases (or lack there of) were obviously the solution here as seen in the ss's below.  Now since you have already messaged Aslain, I will leave it up to you to at least make sure he knows he will have to release a new version with this included as I'm guessing hes a very busy guy and may not even come close to this thread when he wakes up.  Cheers!

shot_004.jpg

shot_003.jpg

Edited by 4EVRDI4U

I also believe I understand why I still had the contour icons all working as intended prior to today's update, even though the atlases folder was not included in 05/06. It probably was only today after updating the game, that the game got rid of the atlases folder and audioww folders (well not really but it made the new folder 0.9.17.0.3) which had nothing in it until I extracted the current Aslain's mod without the atlases.  I had deleted the old folder in res_mods not needing it instead of renaming it and deleting the new one which is why the atlases and audioww folders were actually present in my wot folder until today.  Not sure if you follow me, but I know you are clever and probably do :)

Edited by 4EVRDI4U

I totally follow you, I mentioned that that might be the case, with previous updates (like why 05 and 06 worked for you, even though their zip has the atlas missing, but you had it already in res_mods from previous zip files) :)

1 hour ago, Quaksen said:

Crazy that it was working fine in 05 and 06.. that points at something else, other than the atlases then. Hopefully our conversation can always help Aslain locate the issue faster :) (unless you just unzipped 05 and 06 into a folder that already had the atlas files, of course.. :P )

That bit! :D

But yeah, I did message Aslain, so he can fix things :)