Tank name in players panel?

So I was away from WOT for a while playing BF1.  When I came back I played vanilla for a while, but now I want to see in game XVM to better evaluate my teammates.  I find it useful as bottom tier to maybe tag along with a purple, give them some support, and maybe gain some insight.  Or at least not expect a deep red to have my back.

I had things setup just the way I wanted once upon a time, but now I'm having a hard time getting the view I want, specifically the tank name on the players panel.   I'm seeing a contour icon with no tank name.

I have selected:

• Panels by Aslain
    • Statistics tab: simple with vehicle names
  • Players panel
    • Medium panels\Medium: full players names
    • Large panel\Large: Simple panel #1 (tank stats only)
    • Start mode: large
  • Display enemy spotted markers
  • Vehicle contour icons - OFF

I'm seeing nearly what I want - The player Wn8 color and tank stats - but I'm not seeing the tank name.  When I make the selections in the aslain installer, the preview shows a box colored by type, with tier and tank name inside.  That's what I want.  However when I play, I only see a tank type contour icon, but no tank name.  I see a tier indicator, but I have that selected from game setting so I assume that's where that comes from.

I'd like to know if there is a squad of batchats, of if the top tier heavy is an E5 or IS7, or if they have speedy mediums that can hassle me in my LT.  

Is there some other setting somewhere that may be overriding this, in game settings or Aslain's?  I tried a couple of different changes, but no joy.

22 minutes ago, swyck said:

I'm seeing a contour icon with no tank name.

I have selected:

• Vehicle contour icons - OFF

I only see a tank type contour icon, but no tank name.  I see a tier indicator, but I have that selected from game setting so I assume that's where that comes from.

You haven't selected a vehicle contour icons option, which is why you aren't seeing what is in the preview picture. The preview uses a contour icon option. :)

20 minutes ago, Quaksen said:

You haven't selected a vehicle contour icons option, which is why you aren't seeing what is in the preview picture. The preview uses a contour icon option. :)

Tried that by going to the contour section and enabling XVM contours.  Now I see a Wn8 colored vehicle icon.  

No, the preview I'm talking doesn't show a contour icon at all.  It's a rectangular box colored by tank type, with some info in it, including the tank name. By contour I mean a silhouette of the tank.

11 minutes ago, swyck said:

Tried that by going to the contour section and enabling XVM contours.  Now I see a Wn8 colored vehicle icon.  

No, the preview I'm talking doesn't show a contour icon at all.  It's a rectangular box colored by tank type, with some info in it, including the tank name. By contour I mean a silhouette of the tank.

Depends on the preview you're actually talking about.. as there are several.

But the one for 

• Medium panels\Medium: full players names

shows a contour icon. (A rectangle box, with the name, type color, and tier number)

OK. I had just the base Aslain contour icon selected.  I changed that to 3d with arab tier numbers, and got the box I was expecting.  Weird thing is that if I had it unselected, it still showed the contour icon.  Don't matter works now.

Excellent! Thanks all for the help.