Better Smoke/Smaller Ribbons

I have two requests! Figured combining the threads into one would be better than posting 2 separate ones.

Would it be possible to get a mod that changes the smoke border circles color? as of now on most maps if I am facing the sun, even with the anti-glare mod, i can NOT see smoke or the circle borders making it impossible to use that smoke. So I was hoping there was a way to change the color to something more easily seen? Black maybe? or some Neon color?

Secondly Aslain can you add the option to use smaller ribbons?

As of now you can change the size of the ribbons in the battle elements file. Using Notepad++ to edit the file (with misc other mods installed that use that file) ribbons config are on lines 102 -107 though that will change depending on the other mods you use such as minimap mods.

Now for ribbons the default lines are as follow

<element name="ribbonContainer" class="RibbonContainerClip" url="achievements.swf" autoPerfTestGroup="ribbons">
    <properties spacingHor='5' spacingVert='5' multiline='true' maxCount='5' direction = 'horizontal' hitTest = 'true'/>
  </element>
  <element name="ribbonAppear" class="RibbonAppearClip" url="achievements.swf">
    <properties hitTest = 'true'/>
  </element><!--mark-->

What I am asking for is for the option to use smaller icons. This can be achieved by changing the battle elements ribbon lines from what is posted just above this to what is posted just below this line <-

<element name="ribbonContainer" class="RibbonContainerClip" url="achievements.swf" autoPerfTestGroup="ribbons">
    <properties spacingHor='-4' spacingVert='-5' multiline='true' maxCount='6' direction = 'horizontal' hitTest = 'true' scaleX='0.8' scaleY='0.7' x='60'/>
  </element>
  <element name="ribbonAppear" class="RibbonAppearClip" url="achievements.swf">
    <properties hitTest = 'true' spacingVert='-50' x='54' scaleX='0.75' scaleY='0.75'/>
  </element>

Now this will work with Ribbons Badges V2 in your installer. I have not tested it with the other versions because I prefer v2. So if possible could you add this option to the ribbons to use the smaller version? As of now I must manually change the lines in the battle elements file which is not hard. Copy and Paste. But it would be more convenient just to select it in the mod pack. And more people would have access to it. It is especially nice for people like me that have to play on laptops with small screens (my laptop is 15.6inch screen so having smaller UI elements is a huge bonus, In fact aslain if you can find or if someone can make a mod that changes the sizes of other UI elements let me know!)

• Upvote 1
  • Administrator

I have been asking around for that colored smoke borders but no luck so far, I don't know how to achieve this.

As for your second request, I will try to implement it, if it passes my internal tests. Installed needs to be reworked for this.