watched a friend after i was killed, he kept locking on a tank and someting kept unlocking him

Have seen it happen a few times before.   I PC Tech in our clan said prob a mod that "vibrates" the tank in game.   We have started calling it shimmer lol.   But, yeah,  seeing it more and more, and mostly on South American Flagged players.   Who knows.   Anymore its not learn skills, its find a way to create something others don't have to win.     Sportsmanship is lost....

2 hours ago, Fredbear said:

Have seen it happen a few times before.   I PC Tech in our clan said prob a mod that "vibrates" the tank in game.   We have started calling it shimmer lol.   But, yeah,  seeing it more and more, and mostly on South American Flagged players.   Who knows.   Anymore its not learn skills, its find a way to create something others don't have to win.     Sportsmanship is lost....

There are no hacks.  "Vibrating" a tank in game is impossible.  You and your alleged 'PC Tech' clanmate need to educate yourselves about server side games.  An important part of sportsmanship is not being a poor loser by blaming cheaters or imaginary hacks when things don't go your way.

I suspect OPs buddy has "Easier autoaim locking (time snapping)" enabled.  He right clicks to autoaim on a tank but it doesn't lock so he tries again by right clicking a second later.  However, the time snapping meant autoaim locked .5 seconds after his first right click when he moused over the sweet spot, and his second right click actually unlocked his autoaim.  He did it himself.  It can be hard to get used to, I've done it myself.  One solution is to disable or drastically shorten the time snapping part.

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/441413-0917-autoaim-indicationaddins-no-proximity-snapping-for-autoaim-but/

Edited by Wargods
clarity
  • Upvote 1
8 hours ago, edward beijdorff said:

Well i got another problem with auto aim !!! It dont work anymore!!!!! I cant LOCK ON a target anymore????? A few modpacks ago (older version) it did work perfect but now cant lock anymore , and it also DONT help with AUTO aming anymore !!!????

Are you highlighting the enemy tank, when you click to enable autoaim?

The old "right click near a target, and it'll snap onto it" doesn't work anymore. It's forbidden by the Fair Play Policy. :)

i was in teamspeak with him....he was losing his mind over it...hes kinda of a tinfoil hatter about the mm as it is.....kept screaming "it keeps unlocking on its own!!!". its happened to me a few times but who knows if i might have unlocked manually.....he seems to think theres something in warpack that makes the red tank un lite so autoaim unlocks

• 2 months later...
On 3/7/2017 at 0:16 AM, motionvega said:

i was in teamspeak with him....he was losing his mind over it...hes kinda of a tinfoil hatter about the mm as it is.....kept screaming "it keeps unlocking on its own!!!". its happened to me a few times but who knows if i might have unlocked manually.....he seems to think theres something in warpack that makes the red tank un lite so autoaim unlocks

as it was said if your using the time snapper and right clicking after time snapper locks his click is unlocking.  tell him to turn off time snapper in the mod pack.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1