installer will not launch after download

Just now, bubs79 said:

be careful , if u disable 3rd party antivirus services , wndows  10 background antivirus  starts up automatically

The most common is actually that it's Windows' own stuff that screws up, and doesn't show anything, but prevents the file from running anyways :)

Just now, Quaksen said:

The most common is actually that it's Windows' own stuff that screws up, and doesn't show anything, but prevents the file from running anyways :)

yeh  typical screw up from windows ,  bring back xp lol

Am having same issue the installer will not launch. Have tried 9.17.1.0 ,.1.and .4 adn all i get is file explorer locking up. Made sure and turned off all anti malware adn anti virus and smart screen and it is still doing it. Am running an AMD [email protected] ,16gb ram ,gtx 1070 ,win 10 prox64 insider build 161202-1928. Have had no issues till now. 

Any other ideas aside from the antivirus and smart screen thing?

Right click your mod pack and go to 'properties', down at bottom hit the 'unblock' button and hit apply.

Go to compatibility tab and check - 'run as administrator'

I do this religiously with every mod pack update. My AV does a 15 second scan on launch and it works every time. (windows 10 also)

Hate smart screen! I turned mine off :P

Edited by exarish