Mini fonts for everything in game.

Should I upload my logs? I'm assuming this would be a common problem for anyone running on high dpi screen.

And again I must say that had I realized this before I got this computer I would've made sure to get a 768p screen. I would much rather have usable lower rsolution than high resolution where every webpage looks a bit off and some things are just totally fuzzy trade off is not nearly worth it. 

Yes, adding logs might help.

Especially if it's possible to reproduce the fact that scaling gets changed - just seems so weird that scaling would get changed due to a mod :O That's a Windows setting after all.

It's a bit odd that the seller didn't mention something about it - because 1080p is a crazy resolution on a 15.6 inch monitor

I don't really know how to upload logs I will have to look around here to find where it was explained. I guess I could disable one mod at a time until I locate the problem myself.

Even when wot does scale(i.e. in safe mode) Its far from a perfect experience.

I didn't even think about it when going through the specs I was happy to be getting a 6th gen i5 with a 940m with all around good specs and what seemed like a decent screen albeit a slow 5400rpm HDD  (I paid less than 400$ including shipping) I didn't realize FHD and 15.6 is a bad marriage. but it does seem many mid to high end laptops use 1080p. Mine is an acer e5 574G there must be at least 10 similar models from acer all with 1080p. None of the reviews or articles I read mentioned 1080p as a con because of small screen size. I was clueless about the way resolutions worked I thought you never need to scale when using native resolution so everything would be normal size but much sharper with 1080p. I only really noticed it when wot stopped scaling and went tiny but then I thought the problem was my machine and reinstalled windows. Eventually I read up more and realized 125% must be default at this size. I cant return the computer so I will have to get used to it somehow.

You cant imagine how blurry many apps appear and even the ones that aren't blurry just don't feel right and are harder on the eyes. Really wish I would've stuck to 768p or gone for 17.3 inch where 1080p is more usable.

BTW scaling seems to have a huge effect on fps(why?) I need to use it more but so far 100% getting 40-45 fps less than scaled at 125%.

I'm googling around a bit, It appears 1080p is normal for 15.6 inch gaming laptops.

Just goes to show how little I know about laptops, hehe :)

Didn't know it was normal.

I just know that it's commonly used on 24-27 inch monitors too.

When you write a replay, you should see "drag files here to attach or choose files" - and the files in question are shown in my signature links, for example :) The link to World of Tanks is the "how to report" thread.

1 minute ago, central said:

How can I help with that?

"_Aslains_Installer_Options.inf" should be in your World of Tanks folder (main folder, where you found the zip file)

It's odd if it's missing. Should be created whenever you run the installer, and you have the other files :)

I never fiddled with anything new computer downloaded wot then installer.

I'm having another issue I never had with my old machine. sometimes it appears I'm lagging though my in game says its fine (steady at lets say 40 ms) sometims I actually lag out and cant transmit anything to the server though I still see whats happening around me withput any lag often when this happens I will lag out of client completely 15-20 sec later.(or at least start seeing lag issues show up clearly in the in game indictaor). Anyone have such a thing before perhaps this comuter is more sensitive to smaller connection drops somehow but why would that affect uploads more than downloads?(i.e. I cant fire but can see I'm being fired at)

Thanks for any info. Again I have no idea if modpack has anything to do with this.

Edited by central

I got it. It's not a bug. In the XVM section there's an option to change icon size I had it set to default 1.0 . Simple as pie only thing I would add is the "default" label is misleading in a case like mine where default scales with the rest of windows.

Edited by central

on the next run issue is back but I have solution now set it to 1.2 or 1.3 and voila!

Nope no noticeable difference :(

weird it scaled the first time then stopped again...

its acting very weird it starts normal then snaps back to no scaling  but if I then manually set scale even higher say to 150% then it acts like it has been set to roughly 125% very weird

Edited by central