Installer does not delete patch file

Trying to install #19.  Receive an install error (see screenshot).  Tried to delete the file manually so I can continue, but it won't let me -- Windows says I need admin permission to delete the file, and this is the only user account on my computer -- I have elevated admin rights.  Not sure what that's about, but I'm guessing it's baked into the security settings of the files in the install setup.

I've attached the zip file too.

TY!

Aslain install error.jpg

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2017 at 5:14 AM, Aslain said:

Cannot reproduce your issue, must be related to your pc and it's settings. Try to manualy delete everything in res_mods and reinstall the modpack.

The error is happening again as I try to reinstall #29.  You can't reproduce the error because it's related to the security permissions on that file.  I can delete everything else in res_mods, but I can't delete patch.exe -- I can't even look at the properties of the file, because of the security permissions you have set on it.

patch file screenshot.jpg

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

• Administrator

The installer is not changing/setting permission, it's using default installation settings.  Not sure how to help you with this further. Especialy that I don't experience such thing, must be specific only to your particular system settings.

16 hours ago, 1SL_Comms_Off said:

The error is happening again as I try to reinstall #29.  You can't reproduce the error because it's related to the security permissions on that file.  I can delete everything else in res_mods, but I can't delete patch.exe -- I can't even look at the properties of the file, because of the security permissions you have set on it.

patch file screenshot.jpg

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

You may want to try and change the security settings yourself if you are running the computer in admin mode. this is not an issue with the modpack but an issue with the security settings on your pc

2 hours ago, Davidinlv82 said:

You may want to try and change the security settings yourself if you are running the computer in admin mode. this is not an issue with the modpack but an issue with the security settings on your pc

No, it's not an issue with the security settings on my PC.

I was signed in under the Administrator account when I took that screenshot.  :-(

The screenshot shows that I can't change the security settings of patch.exe.  I can't even SEE the security settings of patch.exe.  I was able to delete every other file and directory in res_mods, but not that file.

Edited by 1SL_Comms_Off
Additional information
30 minut temu, 1SL_Comms_Off napisał:

I was signed in under the Administrator account when I took that screenshot.  :-(

The screenshot shows that I can't change the security settings of patch.exe.  I can't even SEE the security settings of patch.exe.  I was able to delete every other file and directory in res_mods, but not that file.

Do not change this file, unpack Aslain (all) then go to lucher game and enable "check game consistency" and then reinstall aslain package

2 hours ago, 1SL_Comms_Off said:

If you have full admin permissions then you should have 100% access to and view all things related to security. that has been blocked for some reason by either a corrupt download or installation.

1 hour ago, tomjac29 said:

Do not change this file, unpack Aslain (all) then go to lucher game and enable "check game consistency" and then reinstall aslain package

@1SL_Comms_Off I would suggest you go a little further that this, I would just completely uninstall the game, modpack and all the cache files associated with wot and the modpack and restart your PC and double check to make sure any remaining files and/or folders are removed, restart again and do a 100% fresh download and install of the game and the modpack.... This may be something that may not be fixed by the game integrity check within the launcher, something to check though before you uninstall and reinstall everything. I know this would be a real big hassle for you or anyone but as someone who deals with things like this all the time in my job, it sounds like a likely solution for your problem. Something to consider though going forward is after installing any new modpack check the game with the integrity checker in the launcher. 

Same thing happened to me. Somehow the admin permissions have been altered. I cant modify any file of the game, no even move from one location  to another. It says that require admin permissions and I cannot granted additional permissions either altought I can modify the mod folder. I run the check game consistency and nothing wrong appear. Really odd. I dont want to re-install all again :/

12 hours ago, Davidinlv82 said:

If you have full admin permissions then you should have 100% access to and view all things related to security. that has been blocked for some reason by either a corrupt download or installation.

@1SL_Comms_Off I would suggest you go a little further that this, I would just completely uninstall the game, modpack and all the cache files associated with wot and the modpack and restart your PC and double check to make sure any remaining files and/or folders are removed, restart again and do a 100% fresh download and install of the game and the modpack.... This may be something that may not be fixed by the game integrity check within the launcher, something to check though before you uninstall and reinstall everything. I know this would be a real big hassle for you or anyone but as someone who deals with things like this all the time in my job, it sounds like a likely solution for your problem. Something to consider though going forward is after installing any new modpack check the game with the integrity checker in the launcher. 

Davidinlv82:
Yes, as the only user on this computer, I *should* have 100% access.  My regular login is the only user account on the computer, and that has admin rights too.  So I shouldn't even have to log in under the Administrator account.  As I noted, there's no problem deleting every other file and directory in res_mods.

I really do appreciate your thoughts and advice, but I have to disagree with you about this being the result of a "corrupt download or installation", though.  This has happened to exactly the same file, patch.exe, on two occasions now.  That means it's not consistent (happening every time), but it's not random (different files) either.  That suggests the problem isn't with my computer, but with the file itself.  If the problem was with my computer, it should be happening every time, and if the problem was a corrupt download or install, it shouldn't be affecting just one file or

Yes, a complete uninstall and reinstall is one likely solution.  But that's like having brain surgery for a headache.  The first time this happened was install #19, and it wasn't a problem again until #29.  I'll see what happens when #30 comes out.