9.17.1_19 - Bug with Battle Observer UI scaling (1440p)

Hello Aslain,

There is a bug with the last iteration of your modpack due to BO (it seems), now my UI scaling is failing like hell (1440p). This wasn't the case earlier and it is VERY anoying because almost impossible to fix (I know the auto then x1 trick but UI elements are at the wrong posiotn and I need to fix it everytime I play).

You should revert to working version I think...

Added note - yeah - it's screwy in battle. Bleh.

Whatever dumb change the mod author did, is really messing with the scaling. It's because his mod is adding a "x2" scaling option recently.. even though his changelog says he DISABLED interface stuff.

One "solution" could be playing in borderless windowed.. as far as I could tell, that one was fine.

There's other fixes in the latest BO that others need.. and this bug/annoyance only seems to affect 1440p people in fullscreen mode.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Quaksen said:

Added note - yeah - it's screwy in battle. Bleh.

Whatever dumb change the mod author did, is really messing with the scaling. It's because his mod is adding a "x2" scaling option recently.. even though his changelog says he DISABLED interface stuff.

One "solution" could be playing in borderless windowed.. as far as I could tell, that one was fine.

There's other fixes in the latest BO that others need.. and this bug/annoyance only seems to affect 1440p people in fullscreen mode.

I am playing in bordeless mode and this is exactly the same issue.

I'm trying to find the config file that handles this behavior in BO but no luck so far...

Huh... that'd odd.. I'm in borderless windowed, and I did not have the interface scaling issue there. It only happens to me in fullscreen.

I don't think there is a config option that handles it - that's the problem really. The latest one introduced weird bug with scaling.

When you're playing borderless windowed, is your taskbar showing at the bottom of the screen? Wondering if that affects it in some way... mine is showing.

(I'm thinking if yours is not showing, then your game window is actually 1440p while borderless windowed, and for whatever reason, that causes issues)

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Quaksen said:

When you're playing borderless windowed, is your taskbar showing at the bottom of the screen? Wondering if that affects it in some way... mine is showing.

(I'm thinking if yours is not showing, then your game window is actually 1440p while borderless windowed, and for whatever reason, that causes issues)

Not showing anymore, not sure why...weird. When it was showing (was using Borderless Gaming to fix it), I didn't have UI scaling issue...

6 hours ago, Aslain said:

I've found this only:

AitOHbt.jpg

Yeah, found it as well but I fail to see anything directly related to UI scaling...

Someone asked on russian forum if the problem with 1440p will be fixed, so I guess I'm not alone and it seems to be only with 1440p...