Hi, 

I just got the email from WG that I'm banned for 7 days: 

This is an automated e-mail to inform you that a temporary 7 days account suspension has been applied to your account. Your account has been identified for the usage of forbidden and unfair game modifications. The above action is applied immediately.

Now I've only been using your modpack since the day I was introduced to mods. Don't get me wrong I'm not blaming you or your awesome modpack for it. Just letting you know that this happened. I was still using version 0.9.17.1 #04 as the changes since then didn't really affected my choice of mods. If you need the list of my selected mods to do your own investigation let me know and I'll give you the list. 

Keep up the fantastic work. I just updated to the latest version and using one of the many accounts my teammates passed on me. Shame that i will lose the marathon prize. 

P.S. Those unhelpful support asswipes will not give any information as to which "hack" I was supposedly using. 

The whole problem with Wargaming and their bans, is that they don't really provide much information at all.

They don't tell you when you were detected for something.

They don't tell you what was detected, just that "something" was.

It could easily have been something from months ago. Could even be before the other ban waves, knowing WG.

All that can be said is that any mod that was even a slight bit doubt about, Aslain asked a WG Employee, to get the green light, before re-adding those. So all mods in the modpack follows the Fair Play Policy.

I highly doubt the third ban wave (the most recent one, that is), is players detected for something during 0.9.17.1. It's before, most likely.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Quaksen said:

The whole problem with Wargaming and their bans, is that they don't really provide much information at all.

They don't tell you when you were detected for something.

They don't tell you what was detected, just that "something" was.

It could easily have been something from months ago. Could even be before the other ban waves, knowing WG.

All that can be said is that any mod that was even a slight bit doubt about, Aslain asked a WG Employee, to get the green light, before re-adding those. So all mods in the modpack follows the Fair Play Policy.

I highly doubt the third ban wave (the most recent one, that is), is players detected for something during 0.9.17.1. It's before, most likely.

Don't really know what to say Quaksen. Like I said I've only used Aslain's modpack because this is the one the person that introduced me to the game suggested and I'm a creature of habit :) I need to stress once again that I do NOT blame Aslain or the modpack. I just posted it here so Aslain would be aware. It could be a false positive or it could be that their detection tools are as sh*t as their match making :devil:

Hehe. I wouldn't be surprised if they banned some people as a mistake, for a false positive, or something else. And knowing WG, they wouldn't retract a ban like that.. they need to save face, and they can always repeat to you "We found something, so.."

You could share your mod list, if it is... it might give a clue as to what might have triggered it. The "CompList" log file contains the list of what you selected in the installer - or you could add the entire Aslains Logs zip file, if you want :)

• Upvote 1
  • Administrator
19 minutes ago, dinko4gr said:

Hi, 

I just got the email from WG that I'm banned for 7 days: 

This is an automated e-mail to inform you that a temporary 7 days account suspension has been applied to your account. Your account has been identified for the usage of forbidden and unfair game modifications. The above action is applied immediately.

Now I've only been using your modpack since the day I was introduced to mods. Don't get me wrong I'm not blaming you or your awesome modpack for it. Just letting you know that this happened. I was still using version 0.9.17.1 #04 as the changes since then didn't really affected my choice of mods. If you need the list of my selected mods to do your own investigation let me know and I'll give you the list. 

Keep up the fantastic work. I just updated to the latest version and using one of the many accounts my teammates passed on me. Shame that i will lose the marathon prize. 

P.S. Those unhelpful support asswipes will not give any information as to which "hack" I was supposedly using. 

Important note: WG is not banning only for a recent time, you could get this ban for using illegal mods even back in November 2016, right after they released Fair Play Policy. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, Aslain said:

Important note: WG is not banning only for a recent time, you could get this ban for using illegal mods even back in November 2016, right after they released Fair Play Policy. 

I was religiously keeping up-to-date with your mod pack versions specially after the fair usage policy rolled out. Only slacked catching up since 0.9.17.1 #04 due to work.  Wouldn't risk my account with hacks. Playing because I enjoy the game. Anyway the purpose of this post was just to let you know. Won't take more of your time. Keep popping them versions like there is no tomorrow :)

• Administrator

Ok thanks for your info. 

I only add that nonthing in my modpack is illegal, I removed all mods that are not allowed long time ago, almost 5 months ago so if they banned you for things from my modpack then fight for your rights with them, because I made sure and contacted with WG personaly, and checked all my mods with them (plus I used officaly available WG posts on various forums), to prevent such situations like this one.

5 minutes ago, Defiant113 said:

Wg said that they keep eye on players rating.

If your rating going fast up,it is normal that something fishy is in your game. 

Hehe... that WG rating is broken as hell.

I remember back when I played team battles - winning one would really boost your rating, compared to winning a random battle. For whatever reason.

Just as a info.

Marts 13. 15:31 CET I also got a 7 day ban from WG.

I'm only using the Aslain modpack and is always almost up to date, using 9.17.1_18 now.

They will not give me any info on what mod it is there have triggered the ban, all they are saying is:
“We can't provide with specific details as to why we have banned your account, as they have already been investigated. I am afraid we can't get into details with the name of a specific mod, as we base our judgement on guidelines”

But i'm still trying to get some info out of them.

I'm not blaming anyone, this is only for information.

I really love the Aslain modpack and will still use it and hope that it's just a mistake from WG’s side.

Keep up the good work. ;)

SubbyDK

"base our judgement on guidelines" - what a load of horsemanure. They should still saying what guideline it was.. so players and others have a chance at finding out WHY and WHAT caused it... sigh.

Aslain checked every single mod when the Fair Play Policy was released. And any mod that was even just a little bit in the grey, was checked directly with WG staff. :(

Yep, I know all mods with any doubt was approved by WG, that's why I had no worries with using this mod pack.
But what i'm thinking is:
Is it possible that an author of a mod have made some changes to his mod, and then by mistake made some “illegal code” in it ?

But what I really don't understand is why they just don't remove all commands there can be used to make illegal mods, I know they did that in WOW many years ago, it was a nightmare to get many mods to work again, but they got rid of many of the illegal mods.

Many of the things WG does, are puzzling at best. They really should tell people what they did wrong, and not just "You used a bad mod!", they need to say what kinda feature it provided. Surely they detected SOMETHING, so they should be able to say it. But they won't... :(

I'm pretty sure Aslain checks the changelogs of mods - but it could still be snuck in without a note in the changelog, I suppose. I hope that isn't the case.

Keep in mind that these ban waves can be from things detected all the way back to the FPP's beginning.

You wouldn't be the first innocent that WG banned, if it is... others have mentioned that they were playing completely without mods, but still got a ban.