Minimap Tank IDs

There seems to be a bug in the minimap.

After I get killed during a battle (I'm not that great, so this is unfortunately still the norm), I generally stay in the battle to watch and learn.  When I click the mouse to cycle between the tanks still in the battle, the name of the tank that I'm in switches to whichever one is at the top of the team list.  And if that tank later dies, even though it drops down on the team list the name still keeps moving to the current tank on the minimap.  I've attached some screenshots.  Notice how on the minimap, the tank name changes to Excelsior, even though I'm in three different tanks, and the Excelsior is also clearly visible on the minimap.

shot_154.jpg

shot_155.jpg

shot_157.jpg

On 3/14/2017 at 8:43 AM, 1SL_Comms_Off said:

There seems to be a bug in the minimap.

After I get killed during a battle (I'm not that great, so this is unfortunately still the norm), I generally stay in the battle to watch and learn.  When I click the mouse to cycle between the tanks still in the battle, the name of the tank that I'm in switches to whichever one is at the top of the team list.  And if that tank later dies, even though it drops down on the team list the name still keeps moving to the current tank on the minimap.  I've attached some screenshots.  Notice how on the minimap, the tank name changes to Excelsior, even though I'm in three different tanks, and the Excelsior is also clearly visible on the minimap.

shot_154.jpg

shot_155.jpg

shot_157.jpg

Don't forget the required logs and yes that has been happening for quite some time, sometimes with 1 version of the mod pack it's like that and another it's gone... not sure why and I don't think this has been brought up before

1 hour ago, Davidinlv82 said:

Don't forget the required logs and yes that has been happening for quite some time, sometimes with 1 version of the mod pack it's like that and another it's gone... not sure why and I don't think this has been brought up before

I didn't think the logs would matter, because it's not an install bug or anything like that.  Attached here, though.

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

I had a slightly different minimap thing going on last night---ALL the tanks disappeared, yet the map was still there. although I could see the 'mini-map tankview directions' of my team mates. Never witnessed that before. I'm DL'ing the newest right now...if it happens again, I'll post log stuff

obOZsHS.jpg

I have had this problem for the past few revs of the mods/installer. Here's the latest.

Next I'll try a few dozen matches to see if it ever doesn't  happen. For Science and the quest for Truth. ;-)

I'll let you know.

The way I produce it:
1) I die too soon. My problem to fix, not yours.
2) I left click to go to another tank to watch and learn. That consistently goes to the top tank. It displays correctly.
3) I left click again to go to the next tank. Now the problem appears. On the minimap the current tank is now labeled as the top tank.

In this case that's the Pz. T 25 labeled as the KV-1S.

Best wishes,

WileECoyote_PhD

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

shot_001.jpg