Arty farty

28 minutes ago, damage_inc said:

Arty is a good class it should not be removed or clan wars would be a stalemate of super heavies and would be impossible to break the landowner, complaining about arty is stupid, stop crying about it and try playing it. and also be smart about your positioning on the map dont be a retard in a IS7 going to the middle of the map with no cover. in randoms arty is still useful because it helps break the defenses of hull down vehicles like E4s, T30s and T34s, also who doesn't enjoy hitting a stat padding T67 with a HMC?

there is no debate over removing it.  I love arty in a game.  I just want them to stop listening to the whinny unicrumbs and stop messing with arty all together.  Do believe in randoms it should be limited to 2 per team though and if they are going to make is to they cant one shot tanks they need to do it to all tanks.  

ive heard many players bitch about arty on team-speak in the past, most of them pretty good players.

added 1 minute later

and the people bitching on the warganing site if you look em up. some of the voices are green blue purple.  WG pays no attention to crap players, that is a known fact.  where do you think all the arty change come from......

added 2 minutes later

it is not from listening to lower class players

ther is one way they cud stop arty 1 shotting tanks , I love doing it , I had an su 100 come str8 at me with 1200 hp I had gold  shell loaded as he came over hill  I turned and shot his ammo rack funny as hell,  but  to try stop 1 shot kills u cud make mm lower the tier of arty allowed in a match example say its tier 8 battle artys r only allowed to be tier 6 .

one thing though is tier 9 and tier x wud have to have no artys , as tier x wud be tier 8 arty , theres nothing worse than being a tier 8   ie is3  1500 ish hp and a tier x hits u and 1 shots u  , that's one thing I hate

That's what we used to have, pretty much... the old tier 8 arties, are the current tier 10 arties, if I'm not mistaken? :)

Anyways, if the current changes go through, then arties will have a much harder time.

Since for one, they're completely changing them.

And another thing: They can no longer go into platoons. At all?.. At least that's how I understood it. RIP playing with friends.

• Upvote 2
12 hours ago, damage_inc said:

its not the unicums who complain it's the tomatoes and oranges. unicums get focused but ive never heard a unicum complain about it on either team.

11 hours ago, Capt_Reginald_Black said:

ive heard many players bitch about arty on team-speak in the past, most of them pretty good players.

added 1 minute later

and the people bitching on the warganing site if you look em up. some of the voices are green blue purple.  WG pays no attention to crap players, that is a known fact.  where do you think all the arty change come from......

added 2 minutes later

it is not from listening to lower class players

In fact, I can link you to a post where some guy claims that arty actually gets more and more annoying the better you get at the game because apparantly, it prevents yo from using your skill...

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/621015-update-918-public-test-spg-changes/page__st__460__pid__14110923#entry14110923

• Upvote 2
30 minutes ago, HerbertNimble said:

In fact, I can link you to a post where some guy claims that arty actually gets more and more annoying the better you get at the game because apparantly, it prevents yo from using your skill...

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/621015-update-918-public-test-spg-changes/page__st__460__pid__14110923#entry14110923

Yup ive been reading loads on the official forums and it seems its always the so called unicrumbs who sit at the back farming and not working as a team as it might hurt their stats.  Met quite a few people like that in game all with good stats.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

So for those of you like me that play on all servers.

The new arty is awesome.  (yes still at 3 would prefer at 2)

Gone is that time you cant hit that scout tank.  You missed but the insane splash didn't.

Its lovely to see for me that war gaming actually got something right (in part)  with the new arty.

Hope to see you all on the battle field.

On ‎22‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 8:21 AM, Capt_Reginald_Black said:

So for those of you like me that play on all servers.

The new arty is awesome.  (yes still at 3 would prefer at 2)

Gone is that time you cant hit that scout tank.  You missed but the insane splash didn't.

Its lovely to see for me that war gaming actually got something right (in part)  with the new arty.

Hope to see you all on the battle field.

still waiting on  eu  for update,  I play arty mostly , so cant wait

On ‎31‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 5:37 PM, Capt_Reginald_Black said:

So given the new fixes "Nerfs" to Arty in the game.  What do people want to see them do to fix this issue.  Me personally id like them to stop messing with Arty and just limit it to 2 per random and unless its t10 make say tr 8 arty always be in tr 7 to 9 games and so on.

Personally i'm not an arty player.  I cant stand playing arty.

But I also love to see them in games but do get pissed when you have 3 or 4 in 1 game and you get focused.  Its a bitch but then again so is life and its just a game.  I actually go out of my way to pm arty players if they have a good game.  I miss enemy chat as I loved saying nice kill streak to them or bloody nice shot well played (I don't ever rage at my own team or enemy I don't see the point)

So views and onions under here 

V  maxresdefault.jpg

Glad I wasnt in that tank :)

V V V V V V V V V 

Ive just played 3 arty battles and I wont be playing any more.

I hit seven tanks for a total of 1400 hp and wn8 rate of ........ 746 awesome, but now heavies like the e100 are safer bets - personally I did like arty but under the update they are now just slow firing crap tanks

the stun maybe good for other players but is doesn't count towards the wn8 rating

Possible the worst update to a tank class ever

So now concentrating on meds

Edited by Pyromaniacs
addition to my comments

I played Arty prolifically before the patch and had a lot of fun doing it.  Here are my recommendations:

1.  Revert Arty back to its former iteration, but reduce its pen or damage to reduce one-shots.

2.  Get rid of AP rounds for Arty (See #1)

3.  Limit Arty to 1 per game.

4.  Allow Arty to Platoon in the game with other tanks.

I think these are compromises that everyone could live with.

6 hours ago, Pyromaniacs said:

I hit seven tanks for a total of 1400 hp and wn8 rate of ........ 746 awesome, but now heavies like the e100 are safer bets - personally I did like arty but under the update they are now just slow firing crap tanks

the stun maybe good for other players but is doesn't count towards the wn8 rating

who cares about wn8?    I certainly dont I play for fun, always have always will.  Only matches I take serious are strongholds and clan wars and other team events.  Randoms are just stat for fun.  I play to win but i dont give a rats arse about wn8 or any other stats.   Sit bad relax turn off those starts and just have fun.  Feel free to start on me about how only shit players say stuff like that, quite frankly doesn't bother me.  

added 0 minutes later
6 hours ago, Pyromaniacs said:

plus the wn8 stats wil lbe all fucked up as they wil lbe seen as new tanks and it wil ltake weeks for the stats to balance.

added 2 minutes later
5 hours ago, 31B442SV5 said:

I played Arty prolifically before the patch and had a lot of fun doing it.  Here are my recommendations:

1.  Revert Arty back to its former iteration, but reduce its pen or damage to reduce one-shots.

2.  Get rid of AP rounds for Arty (See #1)

3.  Limit Arty to 1 per game.

4.  Allow Arty to Platoon in the game with other tanks.

I think these are compromises that everyone could live with.

I am loving the new arty functions.  your seeing lots less focus bombing, I have been playing it more since the patch on NA but not played on eu yet

1 hour ago, Capt_Reginald_Black said:

who cares about wn8?    I certainly dont I play for fun, always have always will.  Only matches I take serious are strongholds and clan wars and other team events.  Randoms are just stat for fun.  I play to win but i dont give a rats arse about wn8 or any other stats.   Sit bad relax turn off those starts and just have fun.  Feel free to start on me about how only shit players say stuff like that, quite frankly doesn't bother me.  

added 0 minutes later

plus the wn8 stats wil lbe all fucked up as they wil lbe seen as new tanks and it wil ltake weeks for the stats to balance.

added 2 minutes later

I am loving the new arty functions.  your seeing lots less focus bombing, I have been playing it more since the patch on NA but not played on eu yet

my first battle since update , was with gw panther , I am so impressed with the stun mechanics ,     I managed 2500 dmg   and my wn8  was over 2k  ,  I have noticed some thing though , only the big artys seem to have  reduced load time ,    I took out the lef and the fv304   theres is not much reload time change , the aim time is better  but the splash range is really smaller than a big arty ,.  

I found that the team play better together , I noticed that on  enemy team , I had stunned a guy , and his teammates 2 or 3 came out of no where and basically defended the stunned tank .

and  killed the guy in my team , but then I managed to stund the 4 of them, but we eneded up losing . 

49 minutes ago, bubs79 said:

my first battle since update , was with gw panther , I am so impressed with the stun mechanics ,     I managed 2500 dmg   and my wn8  was over 2k  ,  I have noticed some thing though , only the big artys seem to have  reduced load time ,    I took out the lef and the fv304   theres is not much reload time change , the aim time is better  but the splash range is really smaller than a big arty ,.  

I found that the team play better together , I noticed that on  enemy team , I had stunned a guy , and his teammates 2 or 3 came out of no where and basically defended the stunned tank .

and  killed the guy in my team , but then I managed to stund the 4 of them, but we eneded up losing . 

heh yeah they havnt messed too much with reload timers on lower tier tanks, just been back on NA server as im mainly playing there atm and find the new way is getting allot of positive comments.