Client Freezes on Opening Battle Screen (Intermittent/Random)

Is anyone else having this problem?

Occasionally the client will freeze on the opening screen of the battle, where the full team list and stats are displayed.  The music will continue playing, but I'll never get to the spawn screen to start the battle.  By the time I end the client in task manager, reload the client, and log back in, I've missed the first 30 seconds to one minute of the battle.  It will put me at my start point, but I'm way behind everyone.

Then at the end of the battle, there's a 15 second or so black screen (I guess it's updating the garage?) before I get to the battle results screen.

So far I have not been able to detect a pattern... it happens on different maps and in different tanks, sometimes but not every time.  it's been happening for the last few days, so I don't know if it's a WoT micropatch issue or something with one of the mods.  It would seem weird if it was a mod though, because it's fairly infrequent.  I have noticed that it does seem to happen on the first battle after startup, but even that hasn't been consistent.

16 hours ago, Aslain said:

You forgot to provide logs.

Hey, it happened again, so I decided to experiment.  Maybe some extra intel will help you diagnose.  No changes from the logs I provided earlier today.

It was Winter Himmelsdorf, Tier 3 battle.  Instead of restarting the client, I decided to wait and see what might happen.  (I was just fighting my LT vz. 35, nothing really to care about.)

During the battle, I didn't hear any voice notifications.  But the spotted target indicators kept going off, you can see them in the Freeze 1 screenshot.  And the team roster would change order, I assume as it would when tanks get killed.  You can see that by comparing the Freeze 1 screenshot to Freeze 2.

After the battle, the screen unfroze and I was back in the garage.  Garage functioned normally, except for one thing -- the mouse was very sluggish, as if the sensitivity were set really low.

Continued the experiment by trying to go directly into another battle with the LT vz. 35.  That one was Mines, no problem with freezing.  Then when I came back to the garage, the mouse was working normally again.  It appears something reset when the new battle loaded, either going into or leaving the battle interface.

Hope this helps.

58e19032801aa_Freeze1.thumb.jpg.f6ac905ba529e015c1c68d87fabae9f9.jpg

Freeze 2.jpg

23 hours ago, Aslain said:

Noticed few strings in the logs that are telling about problems with antivirus or firewall blocking the internet access to some mods. You may want to look at it.

I'm just using McAfee, so there's nothing particularly odd about my security setup.  I already have WoT and the launcher set up for full permissions in my firewall.  Can you be more specific?

22 hours ago, 1SL_Comms_Off said:

I'm just using McAfee, so there's nothing particularly odd about my security setup.  I already have WoT and the launcher set up for full permissions in my firewall.  Can you be more specific?

What you can do is set your firewall to ask for permission to have anything connect to the internet which would include mods that need connection, and when the pop up comes up asking for permission then hit the always allow and it will white list those mods in the firewall and prevent that problem in the future. It may ask again when you update those mods in the future but as long as you have always allow clicked then when they need connection during game play you won't have to worry about any of them buggin out

On 4/4/2017 at 3:25 AM, Aslain said:

I cannot be more specific, whatever it is lays in your PC or network, cannot guess out what it is since every one has different hardware and apps installed.

You said that you noticed some strings in logs that mention blocking access to some mods.  So what are the strings?  Which mods?  That would be more specific.

16 hours ago, Davidinlv82 said:

What you can do is set your firewall to ask for permission to have anything connect to the internet which would include mods that need connection, and when the pop up comes up asking for permission then hit the always allow and it will white list those mods in the firewall and prevent that problem in the future. It may ask again when you update those mods in the future but as long as you have always allow clicked then when they need connection during game play you won't have to worry about any of them buggin out

I know how AV permissions work.  Aslain said he saw in the logs that access to some mods was being blocked.  But he didn't say which ones.  That's not particularly helpful.

2017-04-02 02:54:34.453: WARNING: [WARNING] (scripts/client/account_helpers/CustomFilesCache.py, 214): Url error. Reason: timed out, url: http://ce.worldoftanks.com/dcont/clans/emblems/1000043827/emblem_64x64_tank.png
2017-04-02 02:54:34.453: WARNING: [WARNING] (scripts/client/account_helpers/CustomFilesCache.py, 36): Method "__run_download" takes too much time 20.006000042
That's a WG thing though.. that has some connection issue.

And then there's this:

2017-04-02 01:17:03.352: ERROR: [EXCEPTION] (scripts/client/predefined_hosts.py, 173):
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "scripts/client/predefined_hosts.py", line 164, in run
  File "scripts/common/Lib/urllib2.py", line 127, in urlopen
  File "scripts/common/Lib/urllib2.py", line 404, in open
  File "scripts/common/Lib/urllib2.py", line 422, in _open
  File "scripts/common/Lib/urllib2.py", line 382, in _call_chain
  File "scripts/common/Lib/urllib2.py", line 1214, in http_open
  File "scripts/common/BWAutoImport.py", line 78, in do_open
URLError: <urlopen error timed out>

And of course the massive amounts of:

2017-04-02 01:20:57.774: ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
2017-04-02 01:20:57.774: ERROR:   File "./res_mods/mods/xfw/python\xfw\wwise.py", line 163, in _bank_load
2017-04-02 01:20:57.774: ERROR:     bank_id = self.native.bank_load_path(unicode(bank_path),unicode(PATH.WOT_RESMODS_DIR + '/audioww/'))
2017-04-02 01:20:57.774: ERROR: RuntimeError: [LoadBank] Cannot load sound bank. Audiokinetic error code: 69 

For whatever reason. Never seen that one before.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, 1SL_Comms_Off said:

I know how AV permissions work.  Aslain said he saw in the logs that access to some mods was being blocked.  But he didn't say which ones.  That's not particularly helpful.

It is cause anything that would need a connection will make Mcafee ask if you set it up as I said, I would know cause I had done the same thing before, every mod requesting a connection can then be whitelisted for future connections.

On 4/5/2017 at 7:28 PM, Quaksen said:

2017-04-02 02:54:34.453: WARNING: [WARNING] (scripts/client/account_helpers/CustomFilesCache.py, 214): Url error. Reason: timed out, url: http://ce.worldoftanks.com/dcont/clans/emblems/1000043827/emblem_64x64_tank.png
2017-04-02 02:54:34.453: WARNING: [WARNING] (scripts/client/account_helpers/CustomFilesCache.py, 36): Method "__run_download" takes too much time 20.006000042
That's a WG thing though.. that has some connection issue.

And then there's this:

2017-04-02 01:17:03.352: ERROR: [EXCEPTION] (scripts/client/predefined_hosts.py, 173):
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "scripts/client/predefined_hosts.py", line 164, in run
  File "scripts/common/Lib/urllib2.py", line 127, in urlopen
  File "scripts/common/Lib/urllib2.py", line 404, in open
  File "scripts/common/Lib/urllib2.py", line 422, in _open
  File "scripts/common/Lib/urllib2.py", line 382, in _call_chain
  File "scripts/common/Lib/urllib2.py", line 1214, in http_open
  File "scripts/common/BWAutoImport.py", line 78, in do_open
URLError: <urlopen error timed out>

And of course the massive amounts of:

2017-04-02 01:20:57.774: ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
2017-04-02 01:20:57.774: ERROR:   File "./res_mods/mods/xfw/python\xfw\wwise.py", line 163, in _bank_load
2017-04-02 01:20:57.774: ERROR:     bank_id = self.native.bank_load_path(unicode(bank_path),unicode(PATH.WOT_RESMODS_DIR + '/audioww/'))
2017-04-02 01:20:57.774: ERROR: RuntimeError: [LoadBank] Cannot load sound bank. Audiokinetic error code: 69 

For whatever reason. Never seen that one before.

Thanks, Quak.

The sound bank one is curious.  Every time I download the modpack upgrade, the first time I start up WoT I get a warning that I've changed the sound stuff so I should restart in order to make sure that the sounds work properly.  Is that normal?

8 hours ago, 1SL_Comms_Off said:

Thanks, Quak.

The sound bank one is curious.  Every time I download the modpack upgrade, the first time I start up WoT I get a warning that I've changed the sound stuff so I should restart in order to make sure that the sounds work properly.  Is that normal?

A message about restarting the game, so that the banks work or something like that?

Not sure which mod it is... it is required by one or more though.

• Upvote 2