randome crashes

if you have added "extra" content, not in Aslain modpack.  this can cause issues.  such as different scopes, different aim assists etc.  try to uninstall mod pack, then search computer drive for Aslain and delete everything that shows up (empty recycle bin), then re download mod pack.  ensure you have no other additional mods installed from else where and start to add your fav mods bit by bit.  (essentials first)  then add more a bit at a time this will get to the bottom of it.

Im saying this but you might not ever do it BUT if you do use other third party mods install them after you have Aslains working but remember, most of them are not in Aslains mod pack for 2 reasons.  they are not approved or tested by Aslain for compatibility in his pack with other mods or they are illegal. 

Happy hunting.  If it still continues just send Aslain the zip file as requested and he can them review it.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Capt_Reginald_Black said:

if you have added "extra" content, not in Aslain modpack.  this can cause issues.  such as different scopes, different aim assists etc.  try to uninstall mod pack, then search computer drive for Aslain and delete everything that shows up (empty recycle bin), then re download mod pack.  ensure you have no other additional mods installed from else where and start to add your fav mods bit by bit.  (essentials first)  then add more a bit at a time this will get to the bottom of it.

Im saying this but you might not ever do it BUT if you do use other third party mods install them after you have Aslains working but remember, most of them are not in Aslains mod pack for 2 reasons.  they are not approved or tested by Aslain for compatibility in his pack with other mods or they are illegal. 

Happy hunting.  If it still continues just send Aslain the zip file as requested and he can them review it.

First off I don't use anything but Aslain's modpack, secondly I tried that and nothing has worked, I have even tried eliminating mods 1 by 1 to see if I could find the problem and no luck. I have tried reinstalling the game and deleting caches and all the stuff I know how to do and have suggested to others to fix any of their problems. And lastly if you haven't noticed I had already included the zip file with all the logs as I know how to report a problem. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Davidinlv82 said:

First off I don't use anything but Aslain's modpack, secondly I tried that and nothing has worked, I have even tried eliminating mods 1 by 1 to see if I could find the problem and no luck. I have tried reinstalling the game and deleting caches and all the stuff I know how to do and have suggested to others to fix any of their problems. And lastly if you haven't noticed I had already included the zip file with all the logs as I know how to report a problem. 

Yet WG still say its mods u have installed causing the issue.....

Uninstalled and safe mode it still happens and still happening after you deleted your game and mod files and reinstalled.

The reason i said other mods is sometimes when new mods come out (such as a scope mod Aslain was debating adding)  I downloaded it and added it on top of my Aslain mod pack (Not part of aslains (well it is now)  but it wasn't.

Many people choose to run other mods that Aslain hasn't added, they may be illegal or legal and just not in the mod pack

as i said "most of them are not in Aslains mod pack for 2 reasons.  they are not approved or tested by Aslain for compatibility in his pack with other mods"

These are the main mods that cause issues, no one accused you of running illegal mods.  Yes i saw the zip and I was referring to making a new one as soon as the problem occurred again during adding mods.

So is the game running as a fresh install without mods or still randomly crashing?

Could it possibly be a graphics driver causing the crash?  Check when windows or your graphics last updated see if anything matches

4 hours ago, Capt_Reginald_Black said:

Yet WG still say its mods u have installed causing the issue.....

Uninstalled and safe mode it still happens and still happening after you deleted your game and mod files and reinstalled.

The reason i said other mods is sometimes when new mods come out (such as a scope mod Aslain was debating adding)  I downloaded it and added it on top of my Aslain mod pack (Not part of aslains (well it is now)  but it wasn't.

Many people choose to run other mods that Aslain hasn't added, they may be illegal or legal and just not in the mod pack

as i said "most of them are not in Aslains mod pack for 2 reasons.  they are not approved or tested by Aslain for compatibility in his pack with other mods"

These are the main mods that cause issues, no one accused you of running illegal mods.  Yes i saw the zip and I was referring to making a new one as soon as the problem occurred again during adding mods.

So is the game running as a fresh install without mods or still randomly crashing?

Could it possibly be a graphics driver causing the crash?  Check when windows or your graphics last updated see if anything matches

Well I hate to break it to you but I don't and never will use anything but Aslain's, if you want to accuse me of doing so here and in the chat box then we will have a problem, paid member or not this bs is gonna stop. Secondly I never said anything about wargaming cause I never contacted wargaming about this problem cause it's not a game issue as it only happens with the mods I have selected from Aslain and ONLY Aslain's modpack. Now that I have gotten that said, unless you know what you are doing or talking about leave this up to the professionals and people who have been here since before February and know what they are talking about!. And it's not a graphics card issue, card is brand new current software and 0 crashes in the event viewer, 0 errors with the card. 

Edited by Davidinlv82
  • Upvote 1

had the same issues with my 9 series card.  was new and wot and a couple of other games kept crashing.  contacted nvidea support and they told me to install updated software from a link they sent me and since then zero crashes.

the mods was not an accusation it was a question.

23 hours ago, Capt_Reginald_Black said:

had the same issues with my 9 series card.  was new and wot and a couple of other games kept crashing.  contacted nvidea support and they told me to install updated software from a link they sent me and since then zero crashes.

the mods was not an accusation it was a question.

Again it's not an issue with the graphics card. AMD has a thing that if the graphics card software (Radeon Settings, more specifically Wattman which is what controls the clock speeds, fan curves and other settings that are mostly used for gaming) has a crash during a game it will let you know that there was a problem with it when the game crashes and that the software has restarted with default settings to which mine is at default settings anyways, but also there would be something in the event viewer about the crash and what crashed and none of those crashes have said anything about the graphics software having a crash. After more than 20 years working on computers and building $1k-$6k gaming computer systems I would know how all that works and the difference between a hardware, hardware/software, or software crash and to see where and when and what exactly crashed. Also from reading over the Python log I can see it's a mod problem not anything else...

33 minutes ago, Davidinlv82 said:

Again it's not an issue with the graphics card. AMD has a thing that if the graphics card software (Radeon Settings, more specifically Wattman which is what controls the clock speeds, fan curves and other settings that are mostly used for gaming) has a crash during a game it will let you know that there was a problem with it when the game crashes and that the software has restarted with default settings to which mine is at default settings anyways, but also there would be something in the event viewer about the crash and what crashed and none of those crashes have said anything about the graphics software having a crash. After more than 20 years working on computers and building $1k-$6k gaming computer systems I would know how all that works and the difference between a hardware, hardware/software, or software crash and to see where and when and what exactly crashed. Also from reading over the Python log I can see it's a mod problem not anything else...

Well hope you manage to sort out which mod combination is doing it.  seems yours is a pretty isolated incident (well the only reported one like this atm)

• Upvote 1
Just now, Capt_Reginald_Black said:

Well hope you manage to sort out which mod combination is doing it.  seems yours is a pretty isolated incident (well the only reported one like this atm)

It's not up to me to figure out, that is up to the mod makers and Aslain or anyone with the knowledge in how to break down what is what in the python log. Hence why I am reporting the issue, not my area of expertise.... I just know how to read enough of it to know if it's a mod issue or game issue or some other issue

On 4/3/2017 at 10:34 AM, Aslain said:

No clue, python is usually like a chinese to me, sometimes I can find something known sometimes not.

19 minutes ago, Davidinlv82 said:

It's not up to me to figure out, that is up to the mod makers and Aslain or anyone with the knowledge in how to break down what is what in the python log. Hence why I am reporting the issue, not my area of expertise.... I just know how to read enough of it to know if it's a mod issue or game issue or some other issue

As Aslain said though.  he cant see what the problem is.  Unless it is possible to see which mod is causing the issues.  (There is a theory that WG are implementing code to mess with mods which essentially makes it a WG thing)  but that is just rumors, no one can prove it although a couple of people have linked code on reddit.

Which mod / mods are conflicting is what the logs are not showing its just showing an error.

As I said hope you manage to get to the bottom of which mod is causing your issue.

• Upvote 2
  • Administrator

Random crashes is the most nasty things to troubleshoot, because of their randomized nature.

The truth is that only mod authors will know what may causing this, when they analyze python.pyc against their own work, but even they will not know it for sure when other mods are also installed. Sometimes one bugged mod is affecting another and can produce unpredicted errors, and no one can tell it from python.log what is doing this. I have some sympthomatic strings remembered and sometimes I can tell what potentialy bugged mod is doing this or that, but in the majority of cases it's bunch non human friendly spam of exceptions, errors and notices.

If someone is reporting random crashes, he/she should include as many details as possible, to help me reproduce that issue, and I mean really a lot of details, like describing a situation of occurence (what was being done, did someone died, or been killed), what tpe of battle, on what map, and which part of map, include replay, a screenshot (if possible) etc. And even this may not be enough to tell.

Ultimately try to reduce mods amount, maybe at some point you will stop crashing. I don't have to mention to have drivers updated, pc checked etc.

• Upvote 2
11 hours ago, Aslain said:

Random crashes is the most nasty things to troubleshoot, because of their randomized nature.

The truth is that only mod authors will know what may causing this, when they analyze python.pyc against their own work, but even they will not know it for sure when other mods are also installed. Sometimes one bugged mod is affecting another and can produce unpredicted errors, and no one can tell it from python.log what is doing this. I have some sympthomatic strings remembered and sometimes I can tell what potentialy bugged mod is doing this or that, but in the majority of cases it's bunch non human friendly spam of exceptions, errors and notices.

If someone is reporting random crashes, he/she should include as many details as possible, to help me reproduce that issue, and I mean really a lot of details, like describing a situation of occurence (what was being done, did someone died, or been killed), what tpe of battle, on what map, and which part of map, include replay, a screenshot (if possible) etc. And even this may not be enough to tell.

Ultimately try to reduce mods amount, maybe at some point you will stop crashing. I don't have to mention to have drivers updated, pc checked etc.

Yeah I'll have to see if I can try and get more details and specific maps (I have noticed that it is only a couple specific maps) and Not sure what the replays will show but I will see what I can do.