Pls help me by explaining

going to watch it now

1 minute ago, Quaksen said:

You attached the archiver, instead of running it and attaching the logs zip file :) Hehe..

I'll look at replay when I'm not in clan wars, if someone else doesn't get to it first.

watching now but looks like rng prayers were not said

8 minutes ago, sam1946 said:

Pls help me by explaining what I did wrong in the attached game replay where Tiger II shot T26E4 three times then one gold shot and the red badges showed on  after each shot but nothing happened to it  (Note: this was not the first time!!)

20170402_1943_germany-G16_PzVIB_Tiger_II_31_airfield.wotreplay

Aslains_WoT_Logs_Archiver.exe

so every shot was a bounce apart from a crit on the tracks.  (shots were green not red)  also your version is out of date which may explain the color being wrong.

looks like your angle and the tanks Armour got the better of you.

T26SuperPershing_Frontal1.jpg

1 hour ago, Capt_Reginald_Black said:

so every shot was a bounce apart from a crit on the tracks.  (shots were green not red)  also your version is out of date which may explain the color being wrong.

looks like your angle and the tanks Armour got the better of you.

The shots were red, showing a penetration, which is partially true - he penned the spaced armor at the front, but not into the tank itself.

The Super Pershing has a tough front, as shown in the picture too. Even the lower plate area can be tricky, since it also has spaced armor.

Best place to shoot it would be the cupola/commanders hatch, which was showing just fine on the turret each time he went out to shoot at the Tiger II.

Just now, Quaksen said:

The shots were red, showing a penetration, which is partially true - he penned the spaced armor at the front, but not into the tank itself.

The Super Pershing has a tough front, as shown in the picture too. Even the lower plate area can be tricky, since it also has spaced armor.

Best place to shoot it would be the cupola/commanders hatch, which was showing just fine on the turret each time he went out to shoot at the Tiger II.

the one i use only goes red in the shot if you physically pen and do something if you bounce (as the message said in julie voice)  then it stays green)  (all depends on the hit marker you use)

the shots all bounced it said so.  only shot that didn't was the tracks where it stated critical hit.

1 minute ago, Capt_Reginald_Black said:

the one i use only goes red in the shot if you physically pen and do something if you bounce (as the message said in julie voice)  then it stays green)  (all depends on the hit marker you use)

the shots all bounced it said so.  only shot that didn't was the tracks where it stated critical hit.

They didn't bounce - they penned the space armor, and showed the penetrating "paint ball" hit :)

They didn't pen the tank behind the spaced armor though. Which is what makes the Super Pershing tricky.

It all depends on the mod, mine at least shows it, since it's a partial penetration :)

3 minutes ago, Quaksen said:

They didn't bounce - they penned the space armor, and showed the penetrating "paint ball" hit :)

They didn't pen the tank behind the spaced armor though. Which is what makes the Super Pershing tricky.

It all depends on the mod, mine at least shows it, since it's a partial penetration :)

shot_002.thumb.jpg.8553f8bb44310daf8a15fdeb3b7d8fcf.jpg

Every shot julie said "Bounce"

3 minutes ago, Quaksen said:

Yeah yeah - but that doesn't change the fact that the shots penetrated the SPACED ARMOR, but not the ARMOR/TANK behind it. :)

i don't disagree that point but in the log it says bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce, critical hit (dead)  Anyhow im off home, finished my hard day at work.  lol.  then off to bed so will catch you all when i return to work in the morning.

@sam1946 does that answer your question though.   

Yes, thank you all for your contribution and advice. You have corrected a misconception I had that the specs of the tank given by wot in the tecktree should be used in choosing the appropriate shell. By the way .. T26E4 is not the tricky one here !!!

Edited by sam1946