How to create a mod?

Hi,
i would like to know if it is possible and then how to create a mod for this game by yourself. I desperately need to get rid of some stuff on the HUD to avoid eye stress/pain because it's highly invasive for my max resolution.
Already asked on the official forum section but no answers given.
Thanks.

Hi,
thanks for answering. Here is my examples' list in order of priority:

- Completely removing the phrases "Weapons locked on bearing/sector" or having an option to move them away from center of screen.
- Moving the chat in top left corner instead to have it in the middle since it cover my aim. Most of the time i have enemy ships under it and i need to zoom out when i actually need full zoom.
- Same for ribbons you are collecting in that moment, moving them from center to top right but under the list of ribbons already collected.
- Moving phrases like "Capturing..." from center to under ammo/consumables icons
- Ability to reduce compass' size and stuff around it, like a whole block (like min map):
- Moving "located" icon from center to side or between consumables and mini map
- Reducing icons' sizes (ammos/consumables block, armament, icons upon players, flags/caps icons)

7 hours ago, randomplayer said:

I will give try, but,  is it safe to do any change? I mean, do i risk any ban for "cheating" if the game recognize that i did modify that file?

Thank you again.

That file is already being modified by one or more mods in the modpack, and I don't think there's anything remotely close to a cheat option in that file. :)