Will Battle Assistant be coming back to the mod pack? Please.

• Administrator

This is what Battle Assistant author things about WG mod version: http://forum.worldoftanks.ru/index.php?/topic/1389614-0917-battle-assistant-новые-возможности-в-игре/page__st__4680__pid__46682184#entry46682184

Clumsy Google translate:

Describe your relation to the new regime of art made by the developers.
Pros . Smooth movement of the camera, an automatic transition from top-down to the new regime, but would be better if it was optional.

Cons . Hey, developers! more information for you. A feeling that the reason why do you need to turn on the trajectory of the projectile chamber, no one thought about it. It made as if it was an indication of "let's turn the camera both in VA and add a little beauty." This does not work. The main objective of Battle Assistant - do whittling down arte more like a reduction of other types of tanks, and a simple rotation of the camera for this is not enough. We need to change the projection, what I said is still 2.5 years ago WGDC here . In fact you get the same ellipse, stretched on the terrane, side view, but not the circle. Aim in this mode is a little easier than the top-down, but it could be done much better. And to say that this is the first version, which will continue to improve a little bit strange, because all the information about what, why and for what has been done in the VA, you have been, but it seems no one is engaged in the design of this feature (pre-production) you seriously. The second point, which I also said in the video - a display obstacles in a VA mode. It is not enough simply to draw a red line, the player needs to see that it blocks the shot - you have not done. All this seems a trifle, but it is these small details is drastically changing UX when playing on arte.

For my part, when implementing VA stumbled upon engine limits and was forced to balance in order to draw information on more accurate and correct, or to have some bugs in uravlenii and display. But you have such problems simply should not be.

Now that had to be done properly. First, enter the last orthographic projection in the game client. Only when such a projection information for the arts will not be prone to conversion and prospects will look more natural. Of course, the reduction is still not round, but the distortion will now only depend on the gravity of the projectile and the terrain geometry. Secondly, the presence of obstacles camera should jump on it, it can be done smoothly and optional - see what blocks the shot is very important for the game on arte.

In any case, I think the VA update to 0.9.18, but the code has to be heavily processed, and as I have now is not so much free time, it may take 10-20 days.

Dear aslain iam totaly agree whit the first writer over the Batle assistent. The i say G use frome Wargaming be very blury and it lead his own live.. Yes it works But be not so smooth ash the original Batle assistent. Please maybe you can intergrate a working Batle assistent.. where i can use the midmouse button and the G key..  But the greatest issue be the very blury and not smooth working batle assistent of WoT.. it sucks

2 minutes ago, MaXXuS57 said:

Dear aslain iam totaly agree whit the first writer over the Batle assistent. The i say G use frome Wargaming be very blury and it lead his own live.. Yes it works But be not so smooth ash the original Batle assistent. Please maybe you can intergrate a working Batle assistent.. where i can use the midmouse button and the G key..  But the greatest issue be the very blury and not smooth working batle assistent of WoT.. it sucks

As you should be able to read in the post just above yours - it'll take time before Battle Assistant is fixed by it's mod author. :)

I'm so glad that reven86 is still working on this mod.  

For my part the actual camera view isnt an issue, or the way it bounces around up and down.

What p***es me off more about WG's new camera for arty, is that it does not revert to the standard top down camera after you have been in shotgun mode.

So I am very glad the BattleAssistant mod will be back, eventually..    +1 internets to reven86 :)

4 hours ago, sticklebrick said:

I'm so glad that reven86 is still working on this mod.  

For my part the actual camera view isnt an issue, or the way it bounces around up and down.

What p***es me off more about WG's new camera for arty, is that it does not revert to the standard top down camera after you have been in shotgun mode.

So I am very glad the BattleAssistant mod will be back, eventually..    +1 internets to reven86 :)

ive noticed even with the battle assistant mod  starting a new battle and u go into   target mode it starts of in battle assistant view   the same as wg one ,

51 minutes ago, MaXXuS57 said:

wher is that batle assistent  i dont see it in the newest modpack?

added 1 minute later

ahh see it and  not the option to use G ore key on mouse?

I  use middle mouse button , I set it in the game settings, it works that way